Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
where are all you happy r's originally from. 13:39 - May 2 with 24738 viewsqpr_1968

born....hammersmith hospital

lived ….suttons, Ladbroke grove

live now,shepherds bush

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 09:59 - May 3 with 2086 viewsdezzar

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 00:41 - May 3 by stowmarketrange

Whereabouts in Newcastle do you live?
I sort of lived up there from 1988 until 2004.We lived in all the scenic parts like Benwell and just off the West Rd.Then we went upmarket to Gateshead,Felling and finally Pelaw.

Denton Burn just off the West Road.Married into a family full of Rangers started going in 1984 and caught the bug , passed it on to my Son now.Mainly Northern/Midlands away games.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 11:24 - May 3 with 2025 viewsW13R

Born - West Middlesex (Isleworth)

Lived - Northfields (W13), Pitshanger (W5), Brentford (had a rented flat that backed onto the away end of that tin-pot club in Hounslow), Frimley Green (only for two weeks as my parents moved away from Northfields)

Now - Pinner (moved twice in the same area)
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:01 - May 3 with 1989 viewsQPRVAS

Born - Perivale Maternity Hospital

Brought up - Greenford

Schools attended - Oldfields Costons and Ealing Green

Now live in Liverpool having moved up north 8 years ago.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:02 - May 3 with 1986 viewsloftboy

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 03:46 - May 3 by itsbiga

I ever see you down Simpsons Night club?

Used to go in there when it was called oceans, before that it was called wednesdays and before that early 70,s my eldest sister was a barmaid in there when it was called the dawborn club, started going in there at 16 (1983) never got Id’d . Had a good few liaisons with the fairer sex in the multi storey above it!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:38 - May 3 with 1930 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

There was a thread a while ago where someone mapped everyone’s location by postcode. Would be good to resurface that as I thought it might bring more remote R’s together.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:41 - May 3 with 1923 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 09:48 - May 3 by distortR

you REALLY don't want to be feeding into my messiah complex

Born-Perivale
Raised- The heartland of Norfolt
Lived- norfolt, Cranford, South Wimbledon, Hanwell, Northolt, Milton Keynes, Guildford, Dublin
and for the past 15 years Sunbury( the nice bit)
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:42 - May 3 with 1910 viewspaulparker

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:13 - May 2 by distortR

born at pembury, kent.
Then Isle of Man - benidorm - centre point oxford street (yuk) - guildford (walnut tree close squat black Crowe?) - chatham - hove (portland road squat quite famous) - brighton'breezy -chelmsford - new cross - douglas (IOM) - Laxey (IOM) - adelaide - Ramsey(IOM)

will i die here?

Born Wembley

Grew up Hayes, Uxbridge, Ruislip , Harefield, first flat in Perivale , now reside in sunny Northampton

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 12:51 - May 3 with 1895 viewskingo

Born in Park Royal and grew up in Kensal Green and Kensal Rise. Then moved out to Chalfont St Giles. Now Beaconsfield via Iver Heath, Garston and Chalfont again.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Login to get fewer ads

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 13:07 - May 3 with 1860 viewskingo

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 22:26 - May 2 by RangersDave

Born Chalfont St. Giles
Raised in High Wycombe until 79
Banbury 79-2001
Norfolk 2001-2005
Scousetown 2005-2020

At The Stone ?

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 13:18 - May 3 with 1846 viewsMancR

Born in Shipley near Bradford.
Formative years Batterseas and streatham ( 49 routemaster bus straight to Shepherds Bush)
Slough, Petersfiield, and now Stockport!
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 13:38 - May 3 with 1819 viewsPinnerPaul

Born less than 3 miles from the ground in Central Middlesex Hospital then

South Harrow, Northolt, South of the river (briefly), Northolt again, South Harrow again and then Eastcote for the last 35 years.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 13:54 - May 3 with 1781 viewslosethedrum

Born in Hampstead cricket club West Hampstead ( dad was head groundsman )
then Harlesden , sudbury , Ashford Middlesex , Thetford , Wortham Suffolk , Kempley Gloucestershire , Redgrave Suffolk , lived near Diss Norfolk since 1987 .
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:02 - May 3 with 1765 viewsHantsR

I came from a broken home ... I broke it
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:03 - May 3 with 1762 viewsstowmarketrange

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 09:59 - May 3 by dezzar

Denton Burn just off the West Road.Married into a family full of Rangers started going in 1984 and caught the bug , passed it on to my Son now.Mainly Northern/Midlands away games.

Ah the posh end of the West Rd.I thought Fenham was posh until I saw Denton.
I used to cycle a lot when I was up there as there is some beautiful countryside just outside Newcastle.The ride along the Tyne to Wylam was pretty special.We also used to play football up there against anyone who would play us.Mainly the kids from the agricultural colleges in Ponteland,Durham and Carlisle.
We played against the Durham prison officers in Walker once and their coach got broken into when the game was going on.Within 20 minutes of the game finishing all their stuff was returned to the clubhouse.Good contacts goes a long way up there.
We even played the Newcastle youth team in about 1990-91 at their Benwell training ground.Their team included a very young Lee Clark.They beat us 14-0 and we only got in their half twice.I fractured my wrist trying to save one of their shots,and had to spend the last 30 mins on the wing.

We had some great times up there and met some great people over the years,and some rough ones too.I remember one night in Yates by the station,4 blokes tried to carry the pool table out of the pub.
Happy days mate.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:24 - May 3 with 1642 viewsBoston

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:03 - May 3 by stowmarketrange

I used to cycle a lot when I was up there as there is some beautiful countryside just outside Newcastle.The ride along the Tyne to Wylam was pretty special.We also used to play football up there against anyone who would play us.Mainly the kids from the agricultural colleges in Ponteland,Durham and Carlisle.
We played against the Durham prison officers in Walker once and their coach got broken into when the game was going on.Within 20 minutes of the game finishing all their stuff was returned to the clubhouse.Good contacts goes a long way up there.
We even played the Newcastle youth team in about 1990-91 at their Benwell training ground.Their team included a very young Lee Clark.They beat us 14-0 and we only got in their half twice.I fractured my wrist trying to save one of their shots,and had to spend the last 30 mins on the wing.

We had some great times up there and met some great people over the years,and some rough ones too.I remember one night in Yates by the station,4 blokes tried to carry the pool table out of the pub.
Happy days mate.

‘We’ - did you bring a whole football team up north with ya?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:25 - May 3 with 1643 viewsdezzar

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 14:03 - May 3 by stowmarketrange

Happy days mate.

Yes , i live in the better part of the West end , and work in Hexham so its not too bad , but i have lived in some proper shit holes up here . T
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:32 - May 3 with 1635 viewsdezzar

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:25 - May 3 by dezzar

Yes , i live in the better part of the West end , and work in Hexham so its not too bad , but i have lived in some proper shit holes up here . T

That cycle ride you describe i do it about twice a week , as you say 10 mins and your in stunning country side . I also love walking on the coast , Lindisfarne is stunning when the crowds arent there , I would love to live up that way , but thenn again on another day would love to live in W12 and enjoy London life
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:37 - May 3 with 1626 viewsmylot50years

Born in Hammersmith hospital 1948 lived at 103 Goldhawk Road above Brown's hairdressers until 1953.
Happy Days.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:48 - May 3 with 1608 viewsdezzar

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:24 - May 3 by Boston

I live about 5 mins walk from the Benwell NUFC training grouund . Since you mention agriculture , were you at Kirkley Hall ?

Also does anybody remember a guy called Kevin from Wallsend , he went to every game , home and away mid 90s early 2000s but not seen for a few years?

And a guy i met in Newcastle and at a few away games in the 80,S called Joe. He had QPR tattoed on his inner lip . He was a lovely guy and had a few mates up here . sadly i think he died in Thailand about 20 years ago , he was a lovely guy
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:18 - May 3 with 1563 viewsstowmarketrange

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:48 - May 3 by dezzar

I live about 5 mins walk from the Benwell NUFC training grouund . Since you mention agriculture , were you at Kirkley Hall ?

Also does anybody remember a guy called Kevin from Wallsend , he went to every game , home and away mid 90s early 2000s but not seen for a few years?

And a guy i met in Newcastle and at a few away games in the 80,S called Joe. He had QPR tattoed on his inner lip . He was a lovely guy and had a few mates up here . sadly i think he died in Thailand about 20 years ago , he was a lovely guy

No I was on the Royal Mail travelling post office for 24 years until they closed them down in 2004.
I started on the SW to Weymouth until that closed on the weekend of the Wimbledon cup final,then transferred to the NE for 16 years.
Our football secretary fixed up games against the colleges,noda cabs,Hexham post office and the Durham prison officers.
We played in London a few times too against Rod Stewart’s vagabonds team at his mansion in Epping.
It was a better job when we used to run from kings cross to central station because you make it back from the Bigg market in 5-10 mins.Then they moved us to Team Valley and Stonebridge Park,which was better for qpr night games.
I remember driving there after the Vauxhall motors replay.Boy was that a quick journey.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 20:19]
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:23 - May 3 with 1555 viewsstowmarketrange

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:24 - May 3 by Boston

Yes mate.There was about 40 of us that travelled north from London every night and 40 Geordies went the other way.
where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:35 - May 3 with 1532 viewsBoston

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:32 - May 3 by dezzar

That cycle ride you describe i do it about twice a week , as you say 10 mins and your in stunning country side . I also love walking on the coast , Lindisfarne is stunning when the crowds arent there , I would love to live up that way , but thenn again on another day would love to live in W12 and enjoy London life

One of my brothers best mates lives on Lindisfarne.

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:42 - May 3 with 1518 viewsBoston

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 19:48 - May 3 by dezzar

Yes, If we are thinking of the same Joe, he's dead.

The Wallsend bloke....I met him on my travels.

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:48 - May 3 with 1508 viewsBoston

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 20:18 - May 3 by stowmarketrange

No I was on the Royal Mail travelling post office for 24 years until they closed them down in 2004.
I started on the SW to Weymouth until that closed on the weekend of the Wimbledon cup final,then transferred to the NE for 16 years.
Our football secretary fixed up games against the colleges,noda cabs,Hexham post office and the Durham prison officers.
We played in London a few times too against Rod Stewart’s vagabonds team at his mansion in Epping.
It was a better job when we used to run from kings cross to central station because you make it back from the Bigg market in 5-10 mins.Then they moved us to Team Valley and Stonebridge Park,which was better for qpr night games.
I remember driving there after the Vauxhall motors replay.Boy was that a quick journey.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 20:19]

Mail Train, Bigg Market! 'ere, you ever make an unexpected stop near Cheddington?

where are all you happy r's originally from. on 21:16 - May 3 with 1484 viewsWestonsuperR

Born Weston-S-Mare and still live here.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024