Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routs 07:28 - Apr 11 with 1877 viewsjackal

Special mention for Wayne yesterday,

Some lovely touches, held up play well and didn't lose the ball

The new system with three up front worked brilliantly. The first time in ages we were getting shots on target.

I like the three at the back system, but changing now and again has got to be good.
Routs on 09:07 - Apr 11 with 1816 viewsKeithHaynes

He was superb.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Routs on 09:50 - Apr 11 with 1773 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A genuine eureka moment for Cooper?

We’ve struggled for creativity over the last few months and yesterday just showed what a difference a player with awareness and vision can make to a stale team. Well done Cooper let’s keep playing Routledge the way Laudrup played him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routs on 10:16 - Apr 11 with 1763 viewsOptimisticJack

Agree.
Rouledge in a front 3 is a great option because of his intelligent movement.
Memories of the Laudrup masterclass of 2012 against WBA with Routledge at his very best .
I remember listening to a respected sports journalist on New Years Eve 2012 referring to Swans first half of football against WBA being his sporting ( not just football) moment of the year.

Optimisticjack

Routs on 10:21 - Apr 11 with 1756 viewsbuilthjack

It's mad. A 36 year old coming in to the team to show our players how to look after a ball.
Crazy.
But well played Routs.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Routs on 10:30 - Apr 11 with 1738 viewsonehunglow

Routs on 10:21 - Apr 11 by builthjack

It's mad. A 36 year old coming in to the team to show our players how to look after a ball.
Crazy.
But well played Routs.

It is Ken.
I m interested only in the team not individuals.Routledge was very effective yesterday but the fact he shone at 36 shows how badly we have recruited.Let's not forget that. We are still devoid of a striker and are making do. Yesterday,even a bog standard striker would have put away some excellent crosses into the box but some seem only concerned in carryong on old PS agenda. It's pitiful.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Routs on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 1733 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54766/“wayne-routledge

Routs on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 1717 views34dfgdf54

Be what Pablo was for Leeds last year for remainder for season?

Never know.
Routs on 11:23 - Apr 11 with 1710 viewsKeithHaynes

Routs on 11:19 - Apr 11 by 34dfgdf54

Be what Pablo was for Leeds last year for remainder for season?

Never know.

I’ve always liked Wayne as a player, bags of talent, pace and imagination. Like everyone I’ve been frustrated at times, but overall he has managed to do what Nathan failed to do. That’s quite sad as well. Routs is a massive influence on this side, I guarantee he will get another deserved year as a professional for Swansea.

Login to get fewer ads

Routs on 14:01 - Apr 11 with 1639 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routs on 11:23 - Apr 11 by KeithHaynes

I’ve always liked Wayne as a player, bags of talent, pace and imagination. Like everyone I’ve been frustrated at times, but overall he has managed to do what Nathan failed to do. That’s quite sad as well. Routs is a massive influence on this side, I guarantee he will get another deserved year as a professional for Swansea.

Absolutely. I think sometimes people forget the huge amount of good he’s done for us over 10 seasons. It’s says a lot about him and us that he (who had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus at one stage and never settled anywhere) set down roots here and served us magnificently. Just because so managers used him as an out and out winger (which he isn’t ) and made him look limited meant that some fans had a stick to beat him with. Under Laudrup (especially that WBA game) he shone through the middle. A major cog in that side and if Laudrup thought he was good enough who the hell is anyone else to argue!

Against Reading last year he spilled his guts to get us into the play offs. He loved this club - now is the time to give him some back.

Routs on 14:15 - Apr 11 with 1609 viewsonehunglow

You say that different opinions are allowed Keith.
Why then do you allow the shyte that comes to those not in love with Wayne as others.
Regarding Wayne, there is clearly a fan club of some magnitude.

We have had greater players who have not had this love. Even Ivor himself didn’t get this .

I really think we should sign younger players .

It’s called looking forward. What we are seeing is some staggering man love for a player who has made a good living from our club.

A good player, a great pro but really what we are reading would be relevant to Pele .

Routs on 18:56 - Apr 11 with 1563 viewsjackal

Routs on 14:15 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

You say that different opinions are allowed Keith.
Why then do you allow the shyte that comes to those not in love with Wayne as others.
Regarding Wayne, there is clearly a fan club of some magnitude.

We have had greater players who have not had this love. Even Ivor himself didn’t get this .

I really think we should sign younger players .

It’s called looking forward. What we are seeing is some staggering man love for a player who has made a good living from our club.

A good player, a great pro but really what we are reading would be relevant to Pele .

No one's comparing him to Pele.

Just saying that he had an excellent game at Milwall.
Routs on 19:47 - Apr 11 with 1538 viewsKilkennyjack

Class is permanent.

Twice the player that Dhanda or Byers are ever likely to be.

Keep picking him Mr Cooper.

Beware of the Risen People

Routs on 19:52 - Apr 11 with 1530 viewsonehunglow

Routs on 18:56 - Apr 11 by jackal

No one's comparing him to Pele.

Just saying that he had an excellent game at Milwall.

Neither am I.

I was merely expressing my opinion which is love for a good player and great pro .

But not one deserving of the ludicrous love shown here.

As I say, Ivor himself had a fraction of this love and Routledge not fit to wash Ivor s jock strap

Routs on 22:11 - Apr 11 with 1498 viewsNotLoyal

Routs on 19:52 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Neither am I.

I was merely expressing my opinion which is love for a good player and great pro .

As I say, Ivor himself had a fraction of this love and Routledge not fit to wash Ivor s jock strap

He's not fit to lace my jockstrap, only because it's got strings on it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Routs on 06:31 - Apr 12 with 1450 viewsjackal

Routs on 19:52 - Apr 11 by onehunglow

Neither am I.

Ivor was in a completely different era . No tv coverage and social media. He would have been a multi millionaire nowadays. As it was he used to deliver potatoes to our fish shop.

You're reading too much into this thread. Wayne's only being praised for a good performance on Saturday and consistent performances over the years.

Saturday shows that maybe Cooper should have altered his system and rotated his squad more during the season. But hindsight's great.
Routs on 08:06 - Apr 12 with 1424 viewsonehunglow

Routs on 06:31 - Apr 12 by jackal

Ivor was in a completely different era . No tv coverage and social media. He would have been a multi millionaire nowadays. As it was he used to deliver potatoes to our fish shop.

You're reading too much into this thread. Wayne's only being praised for a good performance on Saturday and consistent performances over the years.

Saturday shows that maybe Cooper should have altered his system and rotated his squad more during the season. But hindsight's great.

He was indeed.A time when people said what they believed and didnt resort to spineless digs at other fans.

Trust me, Ivor really was on another level and deserves his place as our greatest player -possibly always will be.

A GREAT player

Routs on 06:33 - Apr 13 with 1327 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routs on 19:47 - Apr 11 by Kilkennyjack

Class is permanent.

Twice the player that Dhanda or Byers are ever likely to be.

Keep picking him Mr Cooper.

I’m not keen on Wyndham’s commentaries . I know he’s an out and out Swan and he gets carried away like the rest of us but Saturday was a classic - Routledge has 4 players around him but manages to manoeuvre the ball away past them and feed Fulton who in turn fed Hourihane the Ayew to score.

Wyndham seemed to lavish his praise on Hourihane for making a pass my aunt could have done. No mention of Routledge’s contribution!

Routs on 09:19 - Apr 13 with 1294 viewsonehunglow

Routs on 06:33 - Apr 13 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m not keen on Wyndham’s commentaries . I know he’s an out and out Swan and he gets carried away like the rest of us but Saturday was a classic - Routledge has 4 players around him but manages to manoeuvre the ball away past them and feed Fulton who in turn fed Hourihane the Ayew to score.

Wyndham seemed to lavish his praise on Hourihane for making a pass my aunt could have done. No mention of Routledge’s contribution!

The swine.
Not praising Wayne.

Clearly now he is a cross between Gandhi and Albert Schweitzer

Routs on 11:46 - Apr 13 with 1270 viewsjack247

Routs on 09:19 - Apr 13 by onehunglow

The swine.
Not praising Wayne.

Clearly now he is a cross between Gandhi and Albert Schweitzer

Fair play, that made me chuckle
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024