Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin announced tomorrow? 20:32 - Jul 30 with 9494 viewsHeadmaster

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:35 - Jul 30 with 4709 viewsonehunglow

Hope this is not a false dawn

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:36 - Jul 30 with 4705 viewsDr_Winston

We'll see.

Talks a good game. Potentially a benefit for the more creative players that we have than the Cooperball robots.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:37 - Jul 30 with 4692 viewsonehunglow

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:36 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

We'll see.

Talks a good game. Potentially a benefit for the more creative players that we have than the Cooperball robots.

Would you welcome him Doc?

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:44 - Jul 30 with 4654 viewsDr_Winston

I would welcome any manager who can deliver an attractive style of football as opposed to just promising one with a Powerpoint presentation like Cooper.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:48 - Jul 30 with 4610 viewsonehunglow

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:44 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

I would welcome any manager who can deliver an attractive style of football as opposed to just promising one with a Powerpoint presentation like Cooper.

Me too.

Let's be honest.Right now,our major concern is preparation for a new season. It would be something special if we prepared properly for a new season.

At least ,it won't be Barton.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:50 - Jul 30 with 4591 viewspencoedjack

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:44 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Promising as in not knocking the ball about for the sake of it?

Defenders passing between each other to make stats look good is pretty boring at times.
Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:56 - Jul 30 with 4537 viewsDr_Winston

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:50 - Jul 30 by pencoedjack

Defenders passing between each other to make stats look good is pretty boring at times.

Yes.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 4525 viewsonehunglow

I'll be honest.
Looking back I', not sure a to why I first began to detest Cooper.
It might have been his face ,it might have been the football,it might have been his Primark style attire.

I am glad he's gone though

Login to get fewer ads

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:00 - Jul 30 with 4481 viewsjack247

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:50 - Jul 30 by pencoedjack

I’m sure I read somewhere they had the most touches in the opposition penalty area in league one. I don’t think it’s just centre backs rolling the ball 10 yards to each other.
Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:08 - Jul 30 with 4404 viewsonehunglow

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:00 - Jul 30 by jack247

I’m sure I read somewhere they had the most touches in the opposition penalty area in league one. I don’t think it’s just centre backs rolling the ball 10 yards to each other.

Best touch is the one that strokes the ball into opponents net

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:12 - Jul 30 with 4370 viewsDr_Winston

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:00 - Jul 30 by jack247

Like Laudrup said when he took over. It's all well and good having the ball, but you do have to do something with it.

I've got no problems with ball retention when required, but I'm a bit tired of sideways/backwards passing when there are forward options available.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:13 - Jul 30 with 4350 viewsonehunglow

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:12 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Like Laudrup said when he took over. It's all well and good having the ball, but you do have to do something with it.

I've got no problems with ball retention when required, but I'm a bit tired of sideways/backwards passing when there are forward options available.

is dead right

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:16 - Jul 30 with 4344 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:13 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

is dead right

MK fans not taking it too well a few on their board saying he should not be at Muff tomorrow.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:17 - Jul 30 with 4320 viewsonehunglow

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:16 - Jul 30 by guthrieintherain

MK fans not taking it too well a few on their board saying he should not be at Muff tomorrow.

Truly hope so.
Martin would have massive good will ,at least to start.

Like most ,detest MK

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:22 - Jul 30 with 4273 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:17 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

Truly hope so.
Martin would have massive good will ,at least to start.

Like most ,detest MK

I think he will be there but be a good start if he was at the Liberty.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:22 - Jul 30 with 4267 viewsjack247

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:08 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

Best touch is the one that strokes the ball into opponents net

Which you’ve got a better chance of with more touches in the opponents box.

They scored more goals finishing 13th in their division than we did finishing 4th. Unsurprisingly, they conceded a lot more. We had a goal difference of 17, theirs was 2. That suggests a more open style.

The Sousa effect has been mentioned a few times. Whatever people think of Cooper, he tightened up our defence, primarily from set plays. If it is Martin, hopefully he can retain some of that, whilst improving us going forward. I’m sure we’d have to sacrifice a bit of defensive solidity to play more expansively.
Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:25 - Jul 30 with 4222 viewsDr_Winston

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:22 - Jul 30 by jack247

They scored more goals finishing 13th in their division than we did finishing 4th. Unsurprisingly, they conceded a lot more. We had a goal difference of 17, theirs was 2. That suggests a more open style.

The Sousa effect has been mentioned a few times. Whatever people think of Cooper, he tightened up our defence, primarily from set plays. If it is Martin, hopefully he can retain some of that, whilst improving us going forward. I’m sure we’d have to sacrifice a bit of defensive solidity to play more expansively.

As things stand, Marsh and Margetson are still here.

The parallels to the summer of 2010 are freaky. We ditched a manager who had done well but wasn't loved by either club or fans, cast about a bit and then (maybe) appointed someone who was far from our first choice but promised to implement some decent football.

I'mm off to stick a tenner on promotion.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:28 - Jul 30 with 4200 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:22 - Jul 30 by jack247

Its all falling into place

Martinez = Potter
Sousa = Cooper
Brendan = Martin.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:31 - Jul 30 with 4163 viewsKilkennyjack

Martin announced tomorrow? on 20:57 - Jul 30 by onehunglow

I'll be honest.
Looking back I', not sure a to why I first began to detest Cooper.
It might have been his face ,it might have been the football,it might have been his Primark style attire.

I am glad he's gone though

😂😂😂😂

Beware of the Risen People

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:33 - Jul 30 with 4144 viewsjack247

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:25 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

As things stand, Marsh and Margetson are still here.

The parallels to the summer of 2010 are freaky. We ditched a manager who had done well but wasn't loved by either club or fans, cast about a bit and then (maybe) appointed someone who was far from our first choice but promised to implement some decent football.

I'mm off to stick a tenner on promotion.

They really are.

Gut feeling is that it will be very hard to get promoted this season. If I thought we had a good chance I’d be up for another season of pragmatism. As I think that’s a huge ask (weakened squad, no manager a week before season starts) I’m just hoping for entertaining football at the moment.
Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:34 - Jul 30 with 4134 viewsjack247

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:28 - Jul 30 by guthrieintherain

Its all falling into place

Martinez = Potter
Sousa = Cooper
Brendan = Martin.

That would be nice.
Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 4102 viewsguthrieintherain

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:33 - Jul 30 by jack247

They really are.

Gut feeling is that it will be very hard to get promoted this season. If I thought we had a good chance I’d be up for another season of pragmatism. As I think that’s a huge ask (weakened squad, no manager a week before season starts) I’m just hoping for entertaining football at the moment.

Still got a month to strengthen we won't have much to spend but need to be savvy.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:42 - Jul 30 with 4064 viewsDr_Winston

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:33 - Jul 30 by jack247

They really are.

Yeah. If we'd made the appointment a month ago maybe we'd be in a better position.

I'll settle for a repeat of the 18/19 season. Mid table pushing on but with a sense of foundations being laid for better things in the future. Be better than making the playoffs in the full knowledge that we'll bottle it when it comes to the crunch.

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:48 - Jul 30 with 4008 viewsWhiterockin

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:42 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

Yeah. If we'd made the appointment a month ago maybe we'd be in a better position.

I'll settle for a repeat of the 18/19 season. Mid table pushing on but with a sense of foundations being laid for better things in the future. Be better than making the playoffs in the full knowledge that we'll bottle it when it comes to the crunch.

Await the Dr's response.
Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:54 - Jul 30 with 3952 viewsThornburyswan

Martin announced tomorrow? on 21:42 - Jul 30 by Dr_Winston

I’d sign up for that Dr.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024