Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All cooperball you know nothing. 16:46 - Aug 20 with 4162 viewsSwans9

I always stuck up for cooper tried his best without yanks support the ones gave him stick knew nothing. Look my past posts. Cooper tried for swans glad I not friends of any Cooperball haters clueless.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:24 - Aug 20 with 2777 viewsReslovenSwan1

'Yanks' have put £13m into the club. The 21% Welsh shareholder gave £400k to English lawyers and insurers. The 21% Welsh owner has a reported £1.3m in the bank and has avoided contributing anything to the convertible loan note.

They are saving for the long term getting no interest on their saving with 10 % inflation. This means a devaluation of £130,000 per year. 'Taffy' or 'Jack' is the one that has to put their hands in their pocket. Fans can make it happen but do not want to.

Wise sage since Toshack era

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:33 - Aug 20 with 2755 viewsTreforys_Jack

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:24 - Aug 20 by ReslovenSwan1

'Yanks' have put £13m into the club. The 21% Welsh shareholder gave £400k to English lawyers and insurers. The 21% Welsh owner has a reported £1.3m in the bank and has avoided contributing anything to the convertible loan note.

They are saving for the long term getting no interest on their saving with 10 % inflation. This means a devaluation of £130,000 per year. 'Taffy' or 'Jack' is the one that has to put their hands in their pocket. Fans can make it happen but do not want to.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:38 - Aug 20 with 2754 viewsDr_Winston

Cooper failed despite being heavily backed. Martin is failing despite being heavily backed. Fin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:45 - Aug 20 with 2723 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:38 - Aug 20 by Dr_Winston

Cooper failed despite being heavily backed. Martin is failing despite being heavily backed. Fin.

Cooper wasn’t heavily backed, don’t talk nonsense.

He should have been, but wasn't.

He had to play in the cheap loan market with no signing on fees, limited fee outlay and subsidised wages.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:46 - Aug 20 with 2735 viewsReslovenSwan1

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:33 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

What is the SCST strategy for protection against inflation? For the first time in their life the 'Inflation' word looms large. 10%+.

£500,000 on its way. Invest it in the club or it will melt away.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 21:58 - Aug 20 with 2710 viewsjasper_T

Fans want manager to be backed with money the club doesn't have. Just show some ambition, mun. Who cares if we go bankrupt or generate Cardiff amounts of debt we can never repay. Oh wait now why are we selling our best players when PL clubs come calling...

Cooper had a player earning £5m a year on his own. 1/3rd of the income of the whole football club even without a pandemic. Not Cooper's fault, he didn't sign him, but have a sense of perspective this isn't fantasy football where you get a fresh budget and clean slate every summer.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 22:06 - Aug 20 with 2687 viewsGwyn737

I didn’t enjoy the two seasons under Cooper. I was bored.

I’m not enjoying Martin’s tenure. It’s differently boring.

They’re two separate thoughts - I don’t feel the need to make comparisons.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 23:01 - Aug 20 with 2626 viewsReslovenSwan1

All cooperball you know nothing. on 22:06 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

Swansea fans have been spoilt over the years with Jenkins calling the shots. His last choice was Potter.

Cooper will never be adequately backed and he will always complain. Give him £120m and he will send it as he is now in fact. If he fails he will say it was not enough.

Martin is now in a bad spot. I am intrigued as to why Calderwood did not come after it was seen as a matter of details to resolved.

Login to get fewer ads

All cooperball you know nothing. on 23:11 - Aug 20 with 2601 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 22:06 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

Nobody seemed to enjoy football at the time, throughout the country.

That was the downside of football continuing behind closed doors with no crowds.

You can be sure if Cooper had us in 3rd or 4th, the crowd would be a lot happier than they are with Martin in 19th/20th… regardless of what people will pretend.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:18 - Aug 21 with 2466 viewsBryanSwan

All cooperball you know nothing. on 23:11 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

That was the downside of football continuing behind closed doors with no crowds.

You can be sure if Cooper had us in 3rd or 4th, the crowd would be a lot happier than they are with Martin in 19th/20th… regardless of what people will pretend.

I don't think Cooper would've seen out the 2 years if fans were allowed in, most of the games and football was abysmal.
I'm just as unhappy with the way things are now under Martin. Although a few more bad losses and he'll probably be gone soon anyway.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:29 - Aug 21 with 2451 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 23:11 - Aug 20 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not commenting on the crowd, merely my own opinion.

If he’d have got us promoted I’d have been chuffed of course, but I still wouldn’t have enjoyed the season overall.

I wish the bloke no ill will and hope he does well with Forest, especially with the Welsh boys there.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:35 - Aug 21 with 2425 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:18 - Aug 21 by BryanSwan

I don't think Cooper would've seen out the 2 years if fans were allowed in, most of the games and football was abysmal.
I'm just as unhappy with the way things are now under Martin. Although a few more bad losses and he'll probably be gone soon anyway.

There is absolutely no way the majority of the crowd would have been on his back for 6th and 4th.

Simply no way. It’s just noisy people on the internet.

As I said, top 4 and 6 under Cooper would attract a far happier crowd than 15th and 19th under Martin.

Cooper and his team are now 11th in the Premier League and we pretty much gave him to them, and paid MK Dons for the privilege of the plight we find ourselves.

Embarrassing.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:36 - Aug 21 with 2421 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:29 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

I’m not commenting on the crowd, merely my own opinion.

If he’d have got us promoted I’d have been chuffed of course, but I still wouldn’t have enjoyed the season overall.

I wish the bloke no ill will and hope he does well with Forest, especially with the Welsh boys there.

Yep that’s what I mean, nobody really enjoyed football at that time. Football was played behind closed doors, no passion or excitement in the game at that time. It sucked a lot of soul out of the game globally.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:40 - Aug 21 with 2420 viewsHeadmaster

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:18 - Aug 21 by BryanSwan

I feel the same. We were mostly awful to watch under Cooper but at least we won games. We are mostly awful to watch under Martin but we hardly win.

We need a change but it starts at the top.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:42 - Aug 21 with 2414 viewsvetchonian

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:36 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Yep that’s what I mean, nobody really enjoyed football at that time. Football was played behind closed doors, no passion or excitement in the game at that time. It sucked a lot of soul out of the game globally.

imagine watching the current fare being served to us under the circumstances we watched Cooprball...I wonder if those avid supporters of Martin would be so vocal with support of him then

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:50 - Aug 21 with 2384 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:42 - Aug 21 by vetchonian

imagine watching the current fare being served to us under the circumstances we watched Cooprball...I wonder if those avid supporters of Martin would be so vocal with support of him then

Probably to be fair. Martin has some kind of spell on some people, for reasons I can’t fathom.

Never in my life have I seen our fan base write off 14 months of football completely needlessly and still try and make excuses for abject failure from a manager that has never succeeded anywhere.

It’s pretty stunning. Cooper had already made the play offs and was on his way to a second successive play off finish by this time in his reign.

I really enjoyed Coopers football, made complete sense given what we had. As long as the plan makes perfect sense and we are getting the best out of the squad at our disposal then I’m happy.

As opposed to playing a rigid, senseless system without even the correct positional players to play the awful system.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:02 - Aug 21 with 2366 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:36 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I enjoyed quite a lot for the football played by teams other than us through that period.

Also Cooper had the best part of 6 months before the shut down. I remember being at Luton away Christmas 2019. It’s what I’d call the typical Cooper performance of the time. 80 odd minutes of nothing then Ayew bundles one in.

We won but I was bored senseless.
All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 2353 viewsonehunglow

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:02 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

I enjoyed quite a lot for the football played by teams other than us through that period.

Also Cooper had the best part of 6 months before the shut down. I remember being at Luton away Christmas 2019. It’s what I’d call the typical Cooper performance of the time. 80 odd minutes of nothing then Ayew bundles one in.

I never get bored with winning and come to think of it losing.
Out of the two,I d rather win.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:23 - Aug 21 with 2326 viewsjojaca

All cooperball you know nothing. on 08:50 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Probably to be fair. Martin has some kind of spell on some people, for reasons I can’t fathom.

Never in my life have I seen our fan base write off 14 months of football completely needlessly and still try and make excuses for abject failure from a manager that has never succeeded anywhere.

It’s pretty stunning. Cooper had already made the play offs and was on his way to a second successive play off finish by this time in his reign.

I really enjoyed Coopers football, made complete sense given what we had. As long as the plan makes perfect sense and we are getting the best out of the squad at our disposal then I’m happy.

As opposed to playing a rigid, senseless system without even the correct positional players to play the awful system.

Cooper done the best with available tools given, but his football was boring and the stats were pretty bad apart from the results column, he is also one of the luckiest coaches I have witnessed. Normally watching the Swans, we always feel on the wrong end of English referees, but Cooper was different we seemed to use up our luck in is reign.

When we signed Russell Martin, I could never imagine the football we have witnessed the past season and a bit. I have never seen a manager gift teams so many chances game after game in order to protect is ideology. You have to get the basics right first like Cooper did and then you build the team in your own image. I still get this niggling feeling Russell will make it eventually, but it won't be with us. I see him being like Rodgers at Reading and then some random club taking a chance on him like we did with Rodgers.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 9:24]

Even when you know, you never know?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:35 - Aug 21 with 2299 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:02 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

It wasn’t “nothing” though, it was defensive football. The beautiful game comes in many forms and give me Coopers winning defensive masterclass football over this dross any day of the week.

His type of football put the likes of Guehi on the map.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:51 - Aug 21 with 2275 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:35 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

It wasn’t “nothing” though, it was defensive football. The beautiful game comes in many forms and give me Coopers winning defensive masterclass football over this dross any day of the week.

His type of football put the likes of Guehi on the map.

I’ll rephrase.

Nothing happened of any interest to me.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 9:52]
All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:54 - Aug 21 with 2264 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:51 - Aug 21 by Gwyn737

I’ll rephrase.

Nothing happened of any interest to me.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2022 9:52]

If you only like all out attacking football I suppose. But the game is far more nuanced than that.

There is a reason we were the 6th and 4th best team in the league, and luck it most certainly wasn’t.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:16 - Aug 21 with 2254 viewsBryanSwan

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:54 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

If you only like all out attacking football I suppose. But the game is far more nuanced than that.

There is a reason we were the 6th and 4th best team in the league, and luck it most certainly wasn’t.

Defensive 1 nil football is boring. Is it tactical and interesting, yes. But as a spectacle it is a terrible watch.
We were 17th for XG and 21st for shots per game.
Whats done is done though.

Martin is currently have massive issues defensively and offensively an I just cant see him fixing it. Blaming the owners for the poor squad is rather laughable when you consider the Luton squad and how they had a 37? year old Cameron Jerome playing.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:18 - Aug 21 with 2247 viewsDr_Parnassus

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:16 - Aug 21 by BryanSwan

Defensive 1 nil football is boring. Is it tactical and interesting, yes. But as a spectacle it is a terrible watch.
We were 17th for XG and 21st for shots per game.
Whats done is done though.

Martin is currently have massive issues defensively and offensively an I just cant see him fixing it. Blaming the owners for the poor squad is rather laughable when you consider the Luton squad and how they had a 37? year old Cameron Jerome playing.

Boring to some maybe. Chelsea won the league under Mourinho doing that, their fans regard it as one of their best eras.

xG is not something I pay any attention to.

All cooperball you know nothing. on 10:28 - Aug 21 with 2231 viewsGwyn737

All cooperball you know nothing. on 09:54 - Aug 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Doesn’t need to be all out attacking. I’d settle for occasionally positive - a forward pass every now and then.

And yes, if Chelsea’s title winning side were playing in my garden I’d close the curtains.

I watch sport to be entertained, winning is the cherry on top. I love the anticipation, the hope, the opportunity to be surprised.

Distilling it to figures and stats (however correct they may be) sucks the joy out of it for me.

As I said before, my stance is not in support of RM. Now instead of being bored I’m borderline terrified!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024