Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stockport County (H) Match Thread 16:49 - Feb 20 with 24295 viewsHullDale

I normally share these without comment, but that really isn't a good interview.

Lots of problems, sounds like cliques in the dressing room, and Bentley seems like a broken man.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 16:50 - Feb 20 with 9400 viewsHullDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:09 - Feb 20 with 9306 viewselectricblue

Not a jot about O'Donnell and his injury.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:27 - Feb 20 with 9219 viewskel

JB’s interview proves beyond doubt it’s a load of bollocks when people involved in football (football people?) claim they don’t read message boards/social media. He mentioned a few things that have been brought up on here. Not criticising him btw, but why do people at the club think we’re thick enough to swallow said bollocks?
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:41 - Feb 20 with 9161 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It does n't help that the Interviewer seems to be inhaling Laughing Gas.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:46 - Feb 20 with 9150 viewsHullDale

Form Last 6

Form Last 12
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:47 - Feb 20 with 9140 viewsEllDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:09 - Feb 20 by electricblue

Not a jot about O'Donnell and his injury.....

That’s the sort of thing it would be interesting to hear.
Was it asked post-match on Saturday?
Eastwood looked quite confident when he came on but if he has to start tomorrow are we recalling Kelly or playing with a rookie goalkeeper on the bench?
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 19:28 - Feb 20 with 8922 viewsTomRAFC

I remember when I thought Jim was straight talking, but now there's more of Schroedinger than of sense in him.

Jim claims to be an agony aunt and know which buttons to press, but also calls the players inherited and makes digs about whinging in card schools or at home.

He says against Gillingham we weren't hard to beat and then goes on to list the stats and how close it was.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 19:32 - Feb 20 with 8911 viewsTomRAFC

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 17:47 - Feb 20 by EllDale

That’s the sort of thing it would be interesting to hear.
Was it asked post-match on Saturday?
Eastwood looked quite confident when he came on but if he has to start tomorrow are we recalling Kelly or playing with a rookie goalkeeper on the bench?

I'm afraid Eastwood didn't look confident at all. He came out for a cross and leapt right past it, ran out to a loose ball in the area and then didn't pick it up, he even ran away from goal to clear the ball and gave it straight to a Gillingham player (who fortunately messed up his shot). I can think of several more things too. He may not have let in a howler for once, but he was still as calamitous as ever.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 19:38 - Feb 20 with 8861 views442Dale

If O’Donnell is out then Eastwood will be playing, he’ll need the full backing of fans because he’s obviously not benefiting from people having a go at him. It became uncomfortable at times before he was left out of the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 19:52 - Feb 20 with 8795 views49thseason

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 19:38 - Feb 20 by 442Dale

If O’Donnell is out then Eastwood will be playing, he’ll need the full backing of fans because he’s obviously not benefiting from people having a go at him. It became uncomfortable at times before he was left out of the side.

That will last as long as it takes Stockport to score. I have grave concerns about tomorrow, my heart is whispering about it being a great match to win, but my head is shouting that we will get absolutely battered. I fear it will be the point at which the last brick in the dam breaks and we will get swamped and all in front of 1000s of their fans. The only good thing out of tomorrow may well be the extra ticket money they bring. Maybe enough to do a couple of contract buy-outs..Or to bring in someone?
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:09 - Feb 20 with 8697 viewsIOMDale

It’s actually painful watching that. It’s full of contradictions - there’s really no reason he should still be in charge but the only reason I can think of is that he’s detailed to the board just how cliquey and insubordinate the squad generally is and they believe that by releasing the bulk of them in the summer, Jim will come good.

I can’t wait to see the back of the lot of them come July.

UTDNFS

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:12 - Feb 20 with 8667 viewsNewbury_Dale

Can only reiterate what I said on another thread. Bentley was hired on the basis of his supposed ability to get the best out of L2 standard players. A no nonsense motivator who knows the level. I specifically remember an interview with the Chairman where he suggested that this was the reason for the appointment.

It hasn't worked and Bentley has effectively acknowledged that he's unable to motivate the squad. This pre match interview gives an insight into why the players aren't motivated IMO. It's just rambling, non-inciteful nonsense.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:13 - Feb 20 with 8669 viewsHullDale

I don't think anybody can watch that second goal and believe that Bentley hasn't lost the dressing room.

We're playing walking football at best there, easily 5 or 6 individual errors in that one clip.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:21 - Feb 20 with 8623 viewsonedalefan

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:13 - Feb 20 by HullDale

I don't think anybody can watch that second goal and believe that Bentley hasn't lost the dressing room.

We're playing walking football at best there, easily 5 or 6 individual errors in that one clip.

From The Pearl Street, it looked all too easy. Close up, it looks even worse.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:22 - Feb 20 with 8617 viewsBrierls

I hope Bentley’s planning sessions, team talks and general message is more concise than his interviews. It’s just repetitive waffle.

I suspect it isn’t because we get repetitive dross on the pitch.

There was no tweet from the Official account for Bentley’s interview. I’m sure it’s just an oversight.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:39 - Feb 20 with 8531 viewsJames1980

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:13 - Feb 20 by HullDale

Showed that clip to a mate who said they tracked back but it was all for show.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:42 - Feb 20 with 8503 viewspnc4eva1

As an exile country wide ticket holder I am driving up for tomorrow night's game.

Currently thinking it will be gash as most of the games I've seen this season have been. However, I am a Dale fan of a few years, who is still optimistic when facing such gashness

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:35 - Feb 20 with 8312 viewsrich_dale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:39 - Feb 20 by James1980

Showed that clip to a mate who said they tracked back but it was all for show.

Toums running through treacle, Rodney out for a light Sunday morning jog.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 20 with 8198 viewsClivert

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 20:09 - Feb 20 by IOMDale

It’s actually painful watching that. It’s full of contradictions - there’s really no reason he should still be in charge but the only reason I can think of is that he’s detailed to the board just how cliquey and insubordinate the squad generally is and they believe that by releasing the bulk of them in the summer, Jim will come good.

I can’t wait to see the back of the lot of them come July.

It looks like Bentley wants putting out of his misery as much as we want putting out of ours.

He talks well of the club and the supporters once again but as said elsewhere today its a results business, give me seeing us beating someone 4-0 and then having Keith Hill criticising the home support for being too quiet or him picking out Mr Angry for booing a miss timed pass from Keith Keane than what's currently going on.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 22:00]
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:08 - Feb 20 with 8140 viewsIOMDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 21:58 - Feb 20 by Clivert

It looks like Bentley wants putting out of his misery as much as we want putting out of ours.

He talks well of the club and the supporters once again but as said elsewhere today its a results business, give me seeing us beating someone 4-0 and then having Keith Hill criticising the home support for being too quiet or him picking out Mr Angry for booing a miss timed pass from Keith Keane than what's currently going on.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 22:00]

This. In the past, we’d have been in the privileged position of rejecting the likes of Steve Evans out of hand. I’d honestly welcome somebody like that now to stick a rocket up the club.

UTDNFS

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:20 - Feb 20 with 7949 viewsBrierls

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 22:08 - Feb 20 by IOMDale

This. In the past, we’d have been in the privileged position of rejecting the likes of Steve Evans out of hand. I’d honestly welcome somebody like that now to stick a rocket up the club.

I’d have never rejected Steve Evans out of hand. He’s a good manager at L1/L2 level.
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 08:05 - Feb 21 with 7617 viewsIOMDale

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 23:20 - Feb 20 by Brierls

I’d have never rejected Steve Evans out of hand. He’s a good manager at L1/L2 level.

He’s a very good manager but I think after being burnt by Coleman and Bell (with the associated gamesmanship - Bobby Grant winking after winning a penalty, anyone?), the only abrasive figure the club as a whole has been willing to indulge since is Hilly.

UTDNFS

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 7377 viewsdingdangblue

The last time we beat Stockport at Spotland in a league game was September 1990.
Can't see that being threatened tonight. Maybe revenge for the 7-2 win at Edgeley Park though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:52 - Feb 21 with 7323 viewsfrenzied

I Will be watching on i follow tonight.

I think Stockport will come at us straight away..

Just hope Dale are up and ready.

Just need a 3 game spin where we can turn our season around.

Is Quigley available or not?

If not hope Campbell gets some proper minutes on the pitch
Stockport County (H) Match Thread on 09:58 - Feb 21 with 7307 viewsNorthernDale

I am going to presume that O'Donnell may miss the game, after going off injured Saturday and Quigley may not be selected as part of the loan agreement. Is Brad Kelly out on loan, because we need a back up, if O'Donnell is not fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024