Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI 20:41 - May 2 with 13382 viewsNotLoyal

Yes, I do like to be beside the seaside.

It’s the final game of the season, no matter what. In fact even if it all goes a bit Rotherham United it will still be the final game of the season if the game is replayed. This is an absolute fact.

Remember this ?

Ref : KEITH STROUD
Lino’s : Sam Lewis and James Wilson
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

Swansea City’s 2022-23 season finale against West Bromwich Albion has been selected for live coverage on Sky Sports.

The match will be shown on the Sky Sports Arena channel and will kick off at 3pm on Monday, May 8. Coverage will begin at 2.45pm.

The Swans will be hoping for a repeat of the reverse fixture in October when they scored a last-gasp winner after coming from 2-1 down at The Hawthorns.

Due to the Sky Sports selection, Monday’s match will not be available to watch in the UK on Swans TV, however, tickets are still available for the match at a discounted price.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60201/team-news-swansea-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:29 - May 8 with 1815 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:18 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

It was a risk but he deserved it.

Great one handed save, just after he came on. 👏😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:49 - May 8 with 1722 viewsDr_Winston

Encouragement for next season should Russ stick around but also caution.

Add a bit of pace to this team and it can be a serious threat. We played some nice one touch stuff but obviously given that we've avoided doing so for much of the season it still needs work.

The caution, as ever, is over the man in charge. It's probably not a coincidence that in the first game with nothing on it for us with the pressure off the comedy goal kick routine made a return. He just can't help himself trying to make bits of "the process" work. It's a habit he needs to kick permanently or Leicester can have him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:55 - May 8 with 1707 viewsmagicdaps10

Enjoyed that game.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:06 - May 8 with 1651 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:55 - May 8 by magicdaps10

Enjoyed that game.

Very enjoyable considering there was nothing on it. Both teams could have had a couple more goals. The ref let a lot go and his use of the advantage rule was questionable. Undefeated run to see out the season will send the players and supporters home happy. Really looking forward to the process being completed next season.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 18:08]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:08 - May 8 with 1636 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:49 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Encouragement for next season should Russ stick around but also caution.

Add a bit of pace to this team and it can be a serious threat. We played some nice one touch stuff but obviously given that we've avoided doing so for much of the season it still needs work.

The caution, as ever, is over the man in charge. It's probably not a coincidence that in the first game with nothing on it for us with the pressure off the comedy goal kick routine made a return. He just can't help himself trying to make bits of "the process" work. It's a habit he needs to kick permanently or Leicester can have him.

There are numerous anomalies with Martin’s tactics, today again emphasised that. The win for me overshadowed how poor we were at times. Whether the set piece coach is influencing these goal kick starts I don’t know but they need resigning to the bin.

He definitely deserves another crack at it, but he won’t get anywhere near the patience the club has given him this season, and maybe not for performance reasons. His contract will be far cheaper to pay off in his final season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:10 - May 8 with 1624 viewslifelong

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 17:55 - May 8 by magicdaps10

Enjoyed that game.

And I did.

I was impressed with Cundle today, thought he had a very good game.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:13 - May 8 with 1599 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:10 - May 8 by lifelong

And I did.

Me too. He seems to have shoved his head above the parapet

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:15 - May 8 with 1582 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:10 - May 8 by lifelong

And I did.

First goal we conceded was a disaster and not so happy with the 2nd but knowing that Parslow is leaving then I can let the 2nd ride.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:20 - May 8 with 1540 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:08 - May 8 by KeithHaynes

There are numerous anomalies with Martin’s tactics, today again emphasised that. The win for me overshadowed how poor we were at times. Whether the set piece coach is influencing these goal kick starts I don’t know but they need resigning to the bin.

He definitely deserves another crack at it, but he won’t get anywhere near the patience the club has given him this season, and maybe not for performance reasons. His contract will be far cheaper to pay off in his final season.

There has been improvement from last season to this in terms of league position. I'm OK with the idea of him carrying on for now but certainly wouldn't rush to extend his contract. He still has a lot to prove, more around the "learning from his mistakes" aspect of the job.

The board also have a role to play. Personnel will need to be swapped in and out and we can't afford to dither in the market. If Russy needs to learn from his mistakes then so do others.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:48 - May 8 with 1451 viewsKilkennyjack

Enjoyed that game.

Exactly - well done Swans

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:57 - May 8 with 1419 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:15 - May 8 by magicdaps10

First goal we conceded was a disaster and not so happy with the 2nd but knowing that Parslow is leaving then I can let the 2nd ride.

I thought they won the ball for that goal with a foul.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:27]
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:59 - May 8 with 1405 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:57 - May 8 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought they won the ball for that goal with a foul.
[Post edited 8 May 2023 19:27]

It was.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 19:08 - May 8 with 1371 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:59 - May 8 by Whiterockin

It was.

Agreed, ref was giving very soft free kicks all game, especially to to WBA
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 19:14 - May 8 with 1323 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 19:08 - May 8 by Treforys_Jack

But I felt Piroes goal could have been ruled out with Latibeaudieres gentle nudge.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 19:15 - May 8 with 1325 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 19:08 - May 8 by Treforys_Jack

Funniest part today was when he didn't give a free kick on Manning just before the first goal(I thought Manning dived personally) and he was running away from Grimes and Manning who were furious that he hadn't given a free kick.

🙈😂

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:04 - May 8 with 1210 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 18:20 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

There has been improvement from last season to this in terms of league position. I'm OK with the idea of him carrying on for now but certainly wouldn't rush to extend his contract. He still has a lot to prove, more around the "learning from his mistakes" aspect of the job.

The board also have a role to play. Personnel will need to be swapped in and out and we can't afford to dither in the market. If Russy needs to learn from his mistakes then so do others.

great finish to the season..nice for us to nick the winner in added time rather than conceding it as others have said signs of reversion to bits of Martinball V1 which us a worry but that said well done Russ and the team

Does this mean we should rush out and extend his contract not for me let him show he has learnt up until Christmas then we can see...makes you wonder what could have been had Russ been a little more malleable sooner.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:12 - May 8 with 1168 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:04 - May 8 by vetchonian

great finish to the season..nice for us to nick the winner in added time rather than conceding it as others have said signs of reversion to bits of Martinball V1 which us a worry but that said well done Russ and the team

Does this mean we should rush out and extend his contract not for me let him show he has learnt up until Christmas then we can see...makes you wonder what could have been had Russ been a little more malleable sooner.

It showed what we can do when we free ourselves of this ludicrous obsession in defence

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:16 - May 8 with 1155 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:12 - May 8 by onehunglow

It showed what we can do when we free ourselves of this ludicrous obsession in defence

I thought we still mucked about too much at the back today.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:31 - May 8 with 1112 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:16 - May 8 by Whiterockin

which is a worry ....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:40 - May 8 with 1090 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:16 - May 8 by Whiterockin

‘‘Twas mad.
Going forward we look a real force.
It’s why I feel as Ido.
So annoying ,so close .

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:41 - May 8 with 1094 viewsAguycalledJack

I thought that as well.

We’d had a warning prior to them scoring the first.

We hadn’t seen that goal kick routine in 9 games.
Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:58 - May 8 with 1035 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from the game.
Stupid first goal to concede.
We got back into it and just edged it.
Great free kick from a Piroe.
The club should do everything to keep him. Everything.

Good to hear the crowd singing Russell Martins name quite a few times.
The East think the world of him.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:31 - May 8 with 971 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 20:58 - May 8 by builthjack

Just back from the game.
Stupid first goal to concede.
We got back into it and just edged it.
Great free kick from a Piroe.
The club should do everything to keep him. Everything.

Good to hear the crowd singing Russell Martins name quite a few times.
The East think the world of him.

He’s off to Beijing ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:38 - May 8 with 933 viewsBadlands

Excellent entertainment and, apart from Russ reverting to type with Fisher playing out, a very good performance. WBA had to treat the game like a cup final and we little riding on it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED FRI on 21:50 - May 8 with 907 viewsTreforys_Jack

Very high risk, very low reward. He can't help himself but revert to type when he thinks he can get away with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024