Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In defence of Cisse well just a little 02:28 - Mar 25 with 2226 viewsMattnme

Rules change and I know players should know them and adapt to them but there was a time not so very long ago that neither sending off would've happened. Both would probably have been yellow cards and in the case of the first one possibly just a ticking off. As for today I can remember todays incident often being referred to as a typical forwards tackle.
It has often been said that football will soon be a non contact sport. I view a match with a bit of an old school outlook and sometimes struggle to accept that every challenge warrants a yellow card. Which I know isn't the case but it certainly appears that way sometimes.
I do understand by the letter of the law both sendings off were fully justified, I just don't fully agree with with the way the game has changed to accommodate these laws. For me intent is what cards should be judged on. Cards tend to be given in certain areas of the pitch. Mistimed challenges booked in one half of the the pitch but deliberate blocks in the other half only punished with a freekick.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 02:44 - Mar 25 with 2208 viewsstowmarketrange

It was no different to the Dogbreath challenge which resulted in a red card at Loftus Road.
Considering he has broken his leg twice due to rash challenges,how can he justify that tackle yesterday?
In my opinion,the hope we had of staying up vanished with that red card.
He might score goals,but he is a liability.That is the last thing we need at this stage of the season.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 02:45 - Mar 25 with 2208 viewsBklynRanger

Matt, he's paid more a week than most of us make in a year. No, money does not a sensible player make but if he hasn't had the time to adapt to the rules over the last 3 or 4 years then he can fcuk off.

The only bad thing that's really going to happen to the bloke is actually ours, his team mates, and MH's disgust. Maybe a fine that means nothing. So I know what you're saying about laws changing but he doesn't need our understanding, he needs a fcuking lobotomy.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 02:49 - Mar 25 with 2206 viewsJAPRANGERS

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 02:45 - Mar 25 by BklynRanger

Matt, he's paid more a week than most of us make in a year. No, money does not a sensible player make but if he hasn't had the time to adapt to the rules over the last 3 or 4 years then he can fcuk off.

The only bad thing that's really going to happen to the bloke is actually ours, his team mates, and MH's disgust. Maybe a fine that means nothing. So I know what you're saying about laws changing but he doesn't need our understanding, he needs a fcuking lobotomy.

he needs a fcuking lobotomy.

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 05:04 - Mar 25 with 2168 viewstimcocking

The only positive i can scrape together is i'd prefer him to be sent off for an apalling tackle than dissent or reaction aka Barton and Cisse before.

Still a fcuking p!ss take though whatever way you look at it.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 07:06 - Mar 25 with 2144 viewsblacky200

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 05:04 - Mar 25 by timcocking

The only positive i can scrape together is i'd prefer him to be sent off for an apalling tackle than dissent or reaction aka Barton and Cisse before.

Still a fcuking p!ss take though whatever way you look at it.

I think there is no excuse. He got sent off the first time reacting to a bad tackle and his defence to that was to explain he has had two broken legs in his career due to bad tackles then he goes and does exactly the thing he was complaining about.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 09:43 - Mar 25 with 2061 viewskingo

I wish the game would go back to being able to make a tackle but it won't so I wish they would hurry up and make the game non contact, because what we have at the moment is ruining football. Take Cisse, he is sent off for his 'raising hands' and two footed tackle, but Mulumbu does the same (if not worse) and gets a yellow.Tackles like Cisse will also be punished with yellows. We have players diving and holding and seemingly getting away with it while others get punished because the standard of refereeing can not and is not standardised. Don't get me started on the ridiculous offside rule, either scrap it or go back to the old rule. But FIFA and the FA won't as they believe TV is better viewing with more 'talking points', doesn't matter if the game has been ruined for those stupid enough to actually go to the game.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 09:48 - Mar 25 with 2049 viewsted_hendrix

Cisse has no defence none at all.

I'm sick of the bloke, he might just as well be not here.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 09:50 - Mar 25 with 2043 viewsJonDoeman

Trying too hard after losing control of some of the meager possession the sh1t team he's found himself in provided?
No, no excuse, he's an idiot.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:02 - Mar 25 with 2023 viewsJamie

A two footed, studs up, off the deck lunge has been a sending off for a long time now.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:11 - Mar 25 with 1998 viewskingo

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:02 - Mar 25 by Jamie

A two footed, studs up, off the deck lunge has been a sending off for a long time now.

There was no intent to hurt someone, like say Roy Kean. It was a badly timed tackle, as someone else said the same as Drogba's and only a sending off by the tick box system.

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:26 - Mar 25 with 1965 viewstimcocking

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 09:50 - Mar 25 by JonDoeman

Trying too hard after losing control of some of the meager possession the sh1t team he's found himself in provided?

Agreed. Ridiculous and costly, but at least it was from him trying instead of posing. And he must have kicked the ball on 3 or 4 occasions in the first 50 minutes. Marginally more forgiveable than his first red or Bartons. Still one of the dumbest things i've ever seen though.

He's helped to relegate us, now i hope he does the honourable thing and helps us try to get back up. If he does that i forgive him. If he doesn't, he's a stupid c###.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:31 - Mar 25 with 1951 viewssmegma

It was a shocking challenge. Even more shocking is people trying to defend it. He's an A1 class idiot.Good player but was separated at birth from Viz character Terry F*ckwit.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:39 - Mar 25 with 1929 viewsWatfordR

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 09:50 - Mar 25 by JonDoeman

Yep, trying too hard and being reckless as a result.

Tough getting the right balance. Try too hard and you get pilloried. Be seen as not trying hard enough (a la Barton) and get pilloried. Seems like you are better off being a sub for ninety percent of the game. As long as you can come on and score the winner of course!
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:49 - Mar 25 with 1909 viewsNeil_SI

It's easy to get carried away and we're all a bit upset and emotional, because of the stupidity of the sending off.

But at the end of the day, he just overran the ball and panicked. It was a stupid tackle, nothing more, nothing less. He's let our current plight influence him too much on an emotional level and we're seeing that impact on his decision making in game.

While there's plenty of folks calling for players to show a bit of passion and fight, on the other hand, some and in this case, are showing too much and just need to calm down and focus on the job in hand.

The red card was warranted, but I don't think any of the yellow cards given out on the day were. I'm tired of that kind of officiating, because it just spoils the game and affects it in a way it shouldn't. There's little common sense or context being applied, just the letter of the law and by the book.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 11:16 - Mar 25 with 1862 viewscarlosthebulb

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:49 - Mar 25 by Neil_SI

It's easy to get carried away and we're all a bit upset and emotional, because of the stupidity of the sending off.

But at the end of the day, he just overran the ball and panicked. It was a stupid tackle, nothing more, nothing less. He's let our current plight influence him too much on an emotional level and we're seeing that impact on his decision making in game.

While there's plenty of folks calling for players to show a bit of passion and fight, on the other hand, some and in this case, are showing too much and just need to calm down and focus on the job in hand.

The red card was warranted, but I don't think any of the yellow cards given out on the day were. I'm tired of that kind of officiating, because it just spoils the game and affects it in a way it shouldn't. There's little common sense or context being applied, just the letter of the law and by the book.

Cisse must be a complete idiot to be making that kind of tackle in a climate where it's universally known that doing so is a straight red. As said before, he's done more than his fair share to help relegate us.
In defence of Cisse well just a little on 14:57 - Mar 25 with 1753 viewskingo

In defence of Cisse well just a little on 10:49 - Mar 25 by Neil_SI

Spot on Neil, it is a fine line between showing passion and making a split second wrong decision. Very easy for fans to criticise afterwards but very hard to get 100% right in a team that is trying to survive and win possesion to get a goal back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024