Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BIFFO'S 17:01 - Apr 1 with 3555 viewsbrady

Strong rumours Oldham are going into administration next week
BIFFO'S on 17:08 - Apr 1 with 3534 viewsfrenzied

unlikely ..no way theyd take a ten point hit at this time
BIFFO'S on 17:11 - Apr 1 with 3519 viewscy74

BIFFO'S on 17:08 - Apr 1 by frenzied

unlikely ..no way theyd take a ten point hit at this time

agree its not going to happen, they'd try and hold off til the season was over
BIFFO'S on 17:19 - Apr 1 with 3502 viewsBartRowou

I think if you go into admin after March, the hit doesn't happen till the season after but I might be wrong.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

BIFFO'S on 17:20 - Apr 1 with 3498 viewsSuddenLad

BIFFO'S on 17:11 - Apr 1 by cy74

agree its not going to happen, they'd try and hold off til the season was over

I heard this story the week we played them at Spotland. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but it depends what pressure they are being put under by their creditors.

Not impossible by any means.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BIFFO'S on 17:28 - Apr 1 with 3464 views442Dale

BIFFO'S on 17:19 - Apr 1 by BartRowou

I think if you go into admin after March, the hit doesn't happen till the season after but I might be wrong.

Looks like the deduction would be this season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/stockport/8027353.stm

Wycombe's last minute equaliser yesterday could be as costly as Walsall's. That's one big "could" though. Not a word about it on their forum.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BIFFO'S on 17:32 - Apr 1 with 3446 viewsBartRowou

Their Golden Ticket idea has by and large been a disaster (from the Chron, including typos):

SIMON Corney has launched a major attack on what he sees as a complacency culture at Oldham Athletic that has seen him “badly let down” by his players.

After losing money with the Golden Ticket promotion – a deal offering five home games at a heavily discounted price to boost attendance – the chairman said players havn’t lived up to their side of the bargain.

The 1-0 home defeat to Leyton Orient was the final fixture of the five. Acros the games Athletic produced only four goals and one victory.

A furious Corney said “It is a huge missed opportunity. I feel like I have been kicked in the teeth with these performances. To play as we have, against sides lower than us in the division, is not acceptable. “

The club’s gates were boosted by an average of 893 extra home fans across the five games at Boundary Park

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

BIFFO'S on 18:17 - Apr 1 with 3351 viewsSuddenLad

It seems that too much hope and emphasis was put on this 'Golden Ticket' promotion, as though it was a panacea for their problems. It obviously hasn't reaped the rewards they so badly needed, and now there are angry voices from 'upstairs'.

My local shopkeeper has been a Latics fan for decades and his 'sources' have been telling him since Christmas that finances 'were a problem'.

Exactly where that leaves them now is open to speculation, but clearly there are mutterings that all is not well, and the statement referred to would appear to confirm that.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

BIFFO'S on 18:38 - Apr 1 with 3305 viewsColDale

BIFFO'S on 17:32 - Apr 1 by BartRowou

Their Golden Ticket idea has by and large been a disaster (from the Chron, including typos):

SIMON Corney has launched a major attack on what he sees as a complacency culture at Oldham Athletic that has seen him “badly let down” by his players.

After losing money with the Golden Ticket promotion – a deal offering five home games at a heavily discounted price to boost attendance – the chairman said players havn’t lived up to their side of the bargain.

The 1-0 home defeat to Leyton Orient was the final fixture of the five. Acros the games Athletic produced only four goals and one victory.

A furious Corney said “It is a huge missed opportunity. I feel like I have been kicked in the teeth with these performances. To play as we have, against sides lower than us in the division, is not acceptable. “

The club’s gates were boosted by an average of 893 extra home fans across the five games at Boundary Park

its worth taking into account that a boost of "only 893 fans" is probably only telling half the story. Given the number of games in close proximity, it's safe to assume their attendances would have taken a hit during the time.
Login to get fewer ads

BIFFO'S on 11:42 - Apr 2 with 3017 viewsdingdangblue

They gambled everything presuming they were going to Wembley. Oh dear.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

BIFFO'S on 13:16 - Apr 2 with 2860 viewsoff2div1

With an 10 point deduction they are still 3 points & a game in hand on us.
BIFFO'S on 20:10 - Apr 2 with 2632 viewspnc4eva1

This old chestnut has come up at this time of year for the last three years.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024