Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Knee jerk reaction 16:43 - Sep 27 with 1797 viewsMattnme

I understand peoples frustration with both last nights result and our league position but I don't think we need to panic just yet be aware but just don't panic.
Looking at our first 5 league games it's only really the swansea result that imo is worse then what we could've reasonabally hoped for/expected. So many people on here were taking being top after 2 games a given. Football doesn't work that way but still threads go up about how we will do in our next 7 games. I actually thought we could be bottom after those 5 games. I had a feeling we might lose to swansea although not by 5, I also had the feeling we might win for me it was a tough one to call. Then came six fingers, we never do well there so a point was a bonus. The next 3 looked like probable defeats so the scum result was a bonus.
Obviously we need to start improving results but it's after the next 6 games or so that a more sound judgement can be made on where we are.
As for last night it was frustrating we lost against a clearly inferior side but our approach was altogether different to that of a league game. Against spurs and chels we defended well barring one minute 35 seconds where we were a little unlucky. Last night I thought was actually a decent game. We defended woefully but we played the game like an old fashioned cup tie. So many times we defended with just one back such was our attacking intent.
Imo this side will pick up results. There are things I would change, like Cisse always starting but imo we do have a decent set of players and there are 5 or 6 teams in this division not as good as us. While there were people talking about finishing top 8 at the start of the season I was looking at a comfortable 12th - 14th. That opinion hasn't changed.
I know football fans are fickle but just remember how many on here were singing our praises after the chels and spurs game.
Knee jerk reaction on 17:39 - Sep 27 with 1757 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think your probably right but last nights result annoyed me more cos it was Reading than anything else, but also the fact that they are a direct rival for us this season, however if we get at least 4 points off them in the League I will be content enough.
Big games to look for will be how we do against Wigan, WBA, Fakes, Soton amongst others, the Spurs and Chelsea games were quite encouraging up to a point, but we need something this Monday against Hammers, which will be tough I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024