Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we'll come up as champions next season 21:41 - Apr 13 with 1350 viewsHollowayRanger

wonder how many blackburn and wolves fans thought that as well

both in bottom 5 tonight

bolton clingiing on to last place in the playoffs

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

we'll come up as champions next season on 22:18 - Apr 13 with 1300 viewsMatch82

I know it's been a bad couple of seasons, but you do know that it's not compulsory for every post to be desperately negative don't you?

Bolton are the form team in that division right now. Hardly "clinging on"
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:21 - Apr 13 with 1280 viewsactonman

That league is relentless and goes on forever!

One min your looking like brazil beating everyone, then you lose to Scunthorpe away on a Tuesday night and 2 weeks later your in a relegation scrap !
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:28 - Apr 13 with 1256 viewswaveydave

I can't see us in a relegation scrap next season. Either will we go up as champions. It could take 2-3 seasons but we will be up sooner rather than later
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:29 - Apr 13 with 1244 viewsPinto123

Happily you will sink without trace
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:35 - Apr 13 with 1231 viewsMatch82

we'll come up as champions next season on 22:29 - Apr 13 by Pinto123

Perhaps we can spend our time making ourselves feel better about our worthless lives by going onto opposing team's message boards and making snarky comments?
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:39 - Apr 13 with 1211 viewsactonman

we'll come up as champions next season on 22:29 - Apr 13 by Pinto123

I think you mean hopefully you c0ck !
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:45 - Apr 13 with 1190 viewsQPRDave

Not very optimistic about our chances of a quick return from the championship tbh
we'll come up as champions next season on 22:54 - Apr 13 with 1165 viewsHollowayRanger

what worries me is the lack of fight from most of our players

the one thing you must have in the championship is fight

all those games 2-3 a week sat wed sat wed

all those away games up north on a winters night

all the other clubs seeing us as a prem scalp

and a team full of has beens on high wages not putting in a shift

its going to take a massive job to rebuild for me we need 4 good FIT strikers pace in our midfield steel in our centrebacks and a brave keeper just for starters

i hope we can keep remy and samba for a season and give it a real go but its all such a gamble

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

we'll come up as champions next season on 01:21 - Apr 14 with 1072 viewsRangersAreBack

Don't hold your breath next season. Massive rebuild required.
we'll come up as champions next season on 01:37 - Apr 14 with 1058 viewsMattnme

I'd like to believe the R's will bounce straight back but I can't see it happening. Keeping Harry gives them a slight chance but imo anyone that thinks the R's will walk to the title/promotion is deluded. It's another rebuilding job. Anything decent will be off leaving the heartless, gutless, not good enough and in the case of Derry and Hill I think too old. I think that's being realistic not pessismistic. I hope I'm wrong and someone can drag this post up in 12 months but I doubt I will be.
we'll come up as champions next season on 01:59 - Apr 14 with 1042 viewshamptonhillhoop

we'll come up as champions next season on 22:54 - Apr 13 by HollowayRanger

what worries me is the lack of fight from most of our players

the one thing you must have in the championship is fight

all those games 2-3 a week sat wed sat wed

all those away games up north on a winters night

all the other clubs seeing us as a prem scalp

and a team full of has beens on high wages not putting in a shift

its going to take a massive job to rebuild for me we need 4 good FIT strikers pace in our midfield steel in our centrebacks and a brave keeper just for starters

i hope we can keep remy and samba for a season and give it a real go but its all such a gamble

Blackburn are a car crash
Wolves have replaced a strange managerial appointment with a poor one in Saunders.
It's all about having the right manager in that league, which is why I think reading have stolen a march on us. If Redknapp stays I genuinely think we'll do well, if not we have to make a good appointment, someone like poyet or Zola and give them three years to make a job of it. And sign Jordan Rhodes, if we can sign remy, we can sign him.
We change managers every November or December. That cant carry on
we'll come up as champions next season on 02:11 - Apr 14 with 1033 viewsWeaverQPR

id settle for second at a push.

@WeavQPR

we'll come up as champions next season on 07:11 - Apr 14 with 975 viewsessextaxiboy

we'll come up as champions next season on 02:11 - Apr 14 by WeaverQPR

id settle for second at a push.

IMO we will be straight back up .

I am going to put a few bob on to cover the ST rise back to the Prem .

we'll come up as champions next season on 09:58 - Apr 14 with 858 viewsTGRRRSSS

Forget Blackburn as an example of what can happen because they are an incredible situation which really is unique frankly.

Wolves made a mess of managerial change which I didn't understand at the time and it bore fruit.
Not sure about Saunders but he was playing catch up, lets see where they are next season.
Bolton have made a good managerial appintment in Freedman and will be there or thereabouts next season.
If we keep Harry we'll be there abouts if not I am concerned in terms of who the club turn too and how they go about getting things right off the field.
we'll come up as champions next season on 10:12 - Apr 14 with 836 viewswittle

its to early to say if we will bounce straight back or not as we havent got a clue what our squad will look like come august.Newcastle did it as they had players like barton,nolan and carroll etc that were prepared to roll their sleeves up and scrap and i dont see that kind of character in our squad right now.
we'll come up as champions next season on 11:58 - Apr 14 with 777 viewsMonahoop

we'll come up as champions next season on 10:12 - Apr 14 by wittle

its to early to say if we will bounce straight back or not as we havent got a clue what our squad will look like come august.Newcastle did it as they had players like barton,nolan and carroll etc that were prepared to roll their sleeves up and scrap and i dont see that kind of character in our squad right now.

Good point. It's no use speculating how the club will fare next season [ blimey, they are not relegated yet, but most likely will be come the next 2/3 weeks ].

Of the 3 clubs relegated last season, I thought Bolton would do better than the other 2. They made a stodgy start, but are on a roll at present and look good for a play off place. Wolves had kept faith with a dour side from last term so no surprise really that they are floundering and as for Blackburn, they have been cursed with the maniacal Venky's circus. Would be surprised to see them stay up in all honesty.

The Championship is probably at present the most unpredictable division in the football league. Dog eat dog stuff. Nearly impossible to predict how any team will do. A good start in the first 3/4 months is essential if promotion is to be achieved or desired.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024