Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... 07:48 - May 7 with 2812 viewstimcocking

... and i've started five of them".

Fair point.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:14 - May 7 with 2293 viewsLoft1979

At least two QPR goalkeeper threads on the forum reflecting that this is a good talking point. Green was in the championship just last year and probably will be with us next year. This is reflected by him starting these last two games. I for one agree that HE was the in form keeper and should have played vs Avilla.
Bottomline: One of QPRs biggest failings has been stability. Hill and Derry have talked about not giving our old guard more chances and we have seen to much mixing of formulas this year. For all his faults Hughes found a formula last year and stuck with it. Going forward we need to decide where the teams nucleus is and build on it. TF has said that Samba is a piece and thats a good start.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:27 - May 7 with 2263 viewsLimper

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:14 - May 7 by Loft1979

At least two QPR goalkeeper threads on the forum reflecting that this is a good talking point. Green was in the championship just last year and probably will be with us next year. This is reflected by him starting these last two games. I for one agree that HE was the in form keeper and should have played vs Avilla.
Bottomline: One of QPRs biggest failings has been stability. Hill and Derry have talked about not giving our old guard more chances and we have seen to much mixing of formulas this year. For all his faults Hughes found a formula last year and stuck with it. Going forward we need to decide where the teams nucleus is and build on it. TF has said that Samba is a piece and thats a good start.

A piece of what?
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:28 - May 7 with 2257 viewsHordleHoop

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:14 - May 7 by Loft1979

I'm sure he was ill for the Villa game.
Think he would have played otherwise
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:33 - May 7 with 2239 viewsloftboy

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:28 - May 7 by HordleHoop

I'm sure he was ill for the Villa game.
Think he would have played otherwise

He was

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 09:16 - May 7 with 2163 viewstimcocking

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 08:33 - May 7 by loftboy

He was

Ill? I didn't know that. Makes sense but i'm not sure i'm 100% buying it.

If that's the official line,maybe, but i think a goalkeeper who is second choice all year would have to be seriously unwell to declare himself too ill to play. Not like you gotta run around in goal. (Before anyone slates that, i've played in the nets a few times, always enjoyed it. Not strenuous at all.) No way you'd want to lose your place again because of a cold. Caesar or Green, one of them is injured/sick every bloody week. In fact so was fat Paddy. Christ, can't we buy one sodding player who isn't always injured or sick? Ill, pah.

It would make sense though. Can't see why on earth you'd change the starting keeper after a win and clean sheet otherwise.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 09:42 - May 7 with 2101 viewsHunterhoop

Hold on.

He didn't start Chelsea or Southampton. Came on in the latter and did well, bt still, that statement isn't true.

After Fulham and Sunderland when were our other two wins? I've wiped my memory of our cup exploits!
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 09:58 - May 7 with 2060 viewsLoft1979

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 09:42 - May 7 by Hunterhoop

Hold on.

He didn't start Chelsea or Southampton. Came on in the latter and did well, bt still, that statement isn't true.

After Fulham and Sunderland when were our other two wins? I've wiped my memory of our cup exploits!

Good point. but to his credit he pulled off a great save at the death to preserve the Soton win.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 10:16 - May 7 with 2030 viewsdaveB

We'd have won a few more if he didn't let one go through his hands in every game he's played for us. I hope he goes in the summer, he is hopeless
Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:08 - May 7 with 1972 viewsthemodfather

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 10:16 - May 7 by daveB

We'd have won a few more if he didn't let one go through his hands in every game he's played for us. I hope he goes in the summer, he is hopeless

umm, careful rob
many still feel your monumental cock up letting the swansea first trickle by you started the rot!
you always look like a rabbit caught in the headlights.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:44 - May 7 with 1910 viewsisawqpratwcity

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:08 - May 7 by themodfather

umm, careful rob
many still feel your monumental cock up letting the swansea first trickle by you started the rot!
you always look like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

If Harry can, he'll find a good, young, cheap keeper and sell both of them. If he can't, then Green is only slightly worse a keeper than Cesar and is probably on less wages and lower re-sale value.

I don't know that either Cerny or Murphy could be our No.1 keeper, and, by the way, Kenny was gash in the Premier.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:45 - May 7 with 1903 viewssmegma

We've only won 4 games this year not 6.
Chelsea A, West Brom A (FA Cup)Southampton A , Sunderalnd H.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:48 - May 7 with 1887 viewsBlackCrowe

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:45 - May 7 by smegma

We've only won 4 games this year not 6.
Chelsea A, West Brom A (FA Cup)Southampton A , Sunderalnd H.

Year not season?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:54 - May 7 with 1866 viewsWeaverQPR

We beat Walsall

@WeavQPR

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:55 - May 7 with 1860 viewsTacticalR

And Fulham.

Air hostess clique

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 12:00 - May 7 with 1848 viewsNov77

nice bit of data mining by green, could also have mentioned the 5 he let in v swansea or the 4 he conceded against mk dons.
along the with the own goal v west brom and numerous other flaps.

at fault for arsenals goal on sunday too.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 12:08 - May 7 with 1818 viewsJamie

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 10:16 - May 7 by daveB

This x infinity.
Rob Green on 12:11 - May 7 with 1812 viewsLowerloftLad

In all fairness to green "are number one keeper next season" he has won 5 games. while cesar is meant to be one of best in world so 4 at Swansea 3,Liverpool 3 ,Aston villa 3 Fulham 3 against reading and now he is going because he is too good for the championship really ?????
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 12:43 - May 7 with 1757 viewsTacticalR

The thing that struck me about Green on Saturday wasn't that he had a terrible game or that he made any howlers...

It was that he is a keeper that doesn't give you anything 'extra'. Keepers like Brad Guzan and Ben Foster make saves that they shouldn't make, often at key moments in a match. Green rarely does that.

Air hostess clique

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 12:54 - May 7 with 1731 viewsgobbles

The only reason Cesar has not played last few games is that he has made 24 appearances and 25 triggers some big payment.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 13:17 - May 7 with 1675 viewsexiled_dictator

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 12:54 - May 7 by gobbles

The only reason Cesar has not played last few games is that he has made 24 appearances and 25 triggers some big payment.

Or could it be that he has already played his last game for QPR having already been sold?
Harry doesn't want any players who aren't part of next season playing.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 13:19 - May 7 with 1671 viewssmegma

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 11:48 - May 7 by BlackCrowe

Year not season?

Correct. Walsall and Fulham were last year.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 13:40 - May 7 with 1633 viewsMattnme

Cesar is one of the best reaction save keepers I have seen but even though he's far from perfect give me Green. There is a stat that says QPR have conceded more goals in the 6 yard box than any other team. That tells you alot about Cesars alround ability. Sadly there does seem to be a lack of good keepers so as imo Green ticks more of the right boxes I'd play him.
Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 14:17 - May 7 with 1595 viewsTheBlob

Really good keepers don't have to make strings of fantastic saves.It's all about anticipation and positioning.And it does also help in not having Sponge Fingers.
Green always reminds me of a confused village idiot.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 15:09 - May 7 with 1540 viewsBushman

He probably hasn't got 5 fingers on each hand,get shot!!!
Scares me to death.
Suffers from syndrome of lots of keepers Gordon Banks v Pele one minute Gary Sprake the next.
England's number one liability & yes if he hadn't let the 1st one in against Swans could have been a different season.....perhaps

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Rob Green "we've won 6 games this year... on 15:31 - May 7 with 1511 viewsDesertBoot

Only at QPR could you have two keepers earning a fortune, neither of whom can be relied upon week in week out.

Wish I could be like David Watts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024