Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread 07:02 - Sep 28 with 21231 viewsjackharris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24185190

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:23 - Sep 28 with 2494 viewsorion3016

Oh well.....

Be over there now after

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:23 - Sep 28 with 2487 viewsLaudrupFan

Tiendalli should never be allowed to cross again...

Poll: Are any further transfers needed in this window?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:24 - Sep 28 with 2472 viewsHerohead

We didn't deserve more:(

I googeled cardiff+football and got "page not found"
Poll: Laudrup out?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Sep 28 with 2446 viewsharemscarem

Our crossings the last minutes were really bad!! Slow, high balls that was way too easy to get for their keeper.

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Sep 28 with 2443 viewsDanishDuck

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:24 - Sep 28 by Herohead

We didn't deserve more:(

No ur right, but would have been nice still :)
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Sep 28 with 2406 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not sure how JDG played the whole game. He should have been pulled, not Shelvey. JJS was playing well

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:25 - Sep 28 with 2399 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:22 - Sep 28 by Swanfan1

Amat is very bad

Baptism of fire today.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:26 - Sep 28 with 2380 viewsDaryllTheJack

Amat and Tiendalli have been very poor this game, Dyer MOTM for me.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:27 - Sep 28 with 2373 viewsSwanfan1

with Rangel and Williams and starting with Bony this was a game we could have gotten at least a draw out of.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Sep 28 with 2327 viewsJackInLondon

A good game for JDG? Think we were watching something different. Not only his fault but his lame attempt at a tackle helped cost us a goal. Thought he was a weak link in midfield with Canas and Shelvey doing well. He slowed down every attack usually when there was no need. Gives sloppy passes that put unneccessary pressure on the player receiving the ball.

Amat - sorry to say but has looked dodgy in every game I've seen him in so far. Not up to this pace.

A shame - you feel that if we'd had Ash and Rangel then it might have been different.

Ben Davies becoming one of the best left-backs in the league now. Dyer had a decent game too, as he did against Liverpool - good to see the old Nath coming back.

Michu was a beast as always!
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Sep 28 with 2311 viewsLaudrup

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:23 - Sep 28 by LaudrupFan

Probably his worst game offensively today, but he's usually a better crosser than anyone else in the squad. Davies' crosses were just as poor.

I hate signatures

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Sep 28 with 2305 viewsdeanscfc

Aside from the goal...really soft performance from us. Injuries obviously affected things and Amat and Tiendalli were both poor but overall we just weren't direct enough. Think we paid them too much respect by not playing Bony and packing midfield.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Sep 28 with 2280 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:30 - Sep 28 by JackInLondon

A good game for JDG? Think we were watching something different. Not only his fault but his lame attempt at a tackle helped cost us a goal. Thought he was a weak link in midfield with Canas and Shelvey doing well. He slowed down every attack usually when there was no need. Gives sloppy passes that put unneccessary pressure on the player receiving the ball.

Amat - sorry to say but has looked dodgy in every game I've seen him in so far. Not up to this pace.

A shame - you feel that if we'd had Ash and Rangel then it might have been different.

Ben Davies becoming one of the best left-backs in the league now. Dyer had a decent game too, as he did against Liverpool - good to see the old Nath coming back.

Michu was a beast as always!

Are you able to read what i wrote?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:36 - Sep 28 with 2242 viewsJackInLondon

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:34 - Sep 28 by PozuelosSideys

Are you able to read what i wrote?

You mean about JDG?
If so I wasn't referring to your comments dear.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:43 - Sep 28 with 2175 viewsAl_Bundy

Mistake one - Playing Tiedalli

Mistake two - Not starting with Bony

Mistake three - Taking off Shelvey

Mistake four - JDG playing 90 mins

We need to give ourselves a chance from the start and play an offensive team rather than a cautious one which we end up chasing the game anyway

Missed Williams today and especially Rangel.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:48 - Sep 28 with 2134 viewswr72

I thought our midfield played well.JDG and Shelvey inparticular.Ben and Chico done well but were let done by the other 2 defenders.Michu was quiet and looks knackered.

We've some winnable games coming up so it's important to keep our heads up.

I think our busy schedule combined with a puzzling starting line up i.e not starting Bony all came back to haunt us today.

the 11the away win in a row for Arsenal,so there's no shame in the result,just the way we went about it.Very cautious and lacking confidence,which sounds unbelievable given our recent results.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Sep 28 with 2037 viewsPlasticman

oh well... It was a game I felt could have gone either way, and while I hate loosing I have to admit that all the goals in that game were well taken :-/

I just wish we had been the ones with the result here and not Arsenal, but at least there is no shame in loosing a tight match to them.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Sep 28 with 1986 viewsDr_Winston

Amat had a tidy game I thought. Michu looked as pissed off as he normally does when he's upfront and ended up chasing around after stuff he had no business chasing.

Tiendalli looked like he hasn't had a proper pre-season. At least we can see the myth of his superior crossing ability get shot down though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:18 - Sep 28 with 1954 viewsBLAZE

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:13 - Sep 28 by Dr_Winston

Amat had a tidy game I thought. Michu looked as pissed off as he normally does when he's upfront and ended up chasing around after stuff he had no business chasing.

Tiendalli looked like he hasn't had a proper pre-season. At least we can see the myth of his superior crossing ability get shot down though.

It isn't a myth. I'm not going to argue that his crossing in the first half was utter crap today but last season he was the best crosser we had. That's my opinion on what I witnessed anyway. Second half he couldn't get passed Gibbs to put in a cross which on the first half showing was maybe a blessing in disguise. Poor show from him. JDG wants to hang his head for that 'tackle' too.

I agree about Amat though. I didn't think he was particularly bad to warrant singling out!? But maybe I need to see the highlights
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Sep 28 with 1930 viewsAl_Bundy

Could have played Taylor RB or even Canas with Leon playing at the base of midfield.

The fact that Chico ended up playing behind their left back in attack speaks volumes
[Post edited 28 Sep 2013 20:22]
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:23 - Sep 28 with 1908 viewsJackfath

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:18 - Sep 28 by BLAZE

It isn't a myth. I'm not going to argue that his crossing in the first half was utter crap today but last season he was the best crosser we had. That's my opinion on what I witnessed anyway. Second half he couldn't get passed Gibbs to put in a cross which on the first half showing was maybe a blessing in disguise. Poor show from him. JDG wants to hang his head for that 'tackle' too.

I agree about Amat though. I didn't think he was particularly bad to warrant singling out!? But maybe I need to see the highlights

Amat wasn't all that bad. Dillydalli was not very good though. We missed our Rangel and Williams today. Bonkers sub taking JJS off instead of JDG. Bony was bouncing the defenders off him when he came on.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Sep 28 with 1890 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 19:23 - Sep 28 by LaudrupFan

we were beaten by better class all over the pitch today ,and yes Tiendalli was the weakest link 2 out of 10 for effort 1-10 for brainwork

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Sep 28 with 1868 viewsMolliemick

Ml seems to play a defensive set up against the better teams which often turns out to be the wrong decision as we do well coming from behind when we are more attack orientated. The game today was winnable and with a bit of luck could have given us at least one point.
Bony, apart from a few neat touches, was poor again. One can see why he is not selected to start a game even though Michu dislikes the central striker role. Vorm again too static and a weakness in defence.
Some Swans players gave Arsenal too much respect and a couple were out of their class and comfort zone.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Sep 28 with 1774 viewsJackfath

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:31 - Sep 28 by Molliemick

Ml seems to play a defensive set up against the better teams which often turns out to be the wrong decision as we do well coming from behind when we are more attack orientated. The game today was winnable and with a bit of luck could have given us at least one point.
Bony, apart from a few neat touches, was poor again. One can see why he is not selected to start a game even though Michu dislikes the central striker role. Vorm again too static and a weakness in defence.
Some Swans players gave Arsenal too much respect and a couple were out of their class and comfort zone.

I thought Bony was a real handful when he came on. HE was bouncing the defenders all over the shop. HE also had the assist I believe?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Sep 28 with 1736 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:51 - Sep 28 by Jackfath

I thought Bony was a real handful when he came on. HE was bouncing the defenders all over the shop. HE also had the assist I believe?

Yes he did have the assist.

Surprised ML did not start him - we appear to play to defensive against the top teams. At home especially, we need to show more attacking intent.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024