Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread 07:02 - Sep 28 with 21230 viewsjackharris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24185190

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 3014 viewsPozuelosSideys

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:59 - Sep 28 by SwansNZ

Yes he did have the assist.

Surprised ML did not start him - we appear to play to defensive against the top teams. At home especially, we need to show more attacking intent.

Aye. Our record against 'the top 6' is piss poor too.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 21:27 - Sep 28 with 2935 viewsDull1Thomas

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:26 - Sep 28 by Oldjack

we were beaten by better class all over the pitch today ,and yes Tiendalli was the weakest link 2 out of 10 for effort 1-10 for brainwork

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good even game.
They scored a cracking first goal but should have been dealt with.

Second - I'm waiting to see a replay as the ball across the field to the West looked very offside from where I was stood.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 21:28 - Sep 28 with 2930 viewsborinifanclub

wtf are some of you guys watching? Amat had a good game for a prem debut..he was calm and assured and his distribution was good...JDG...had a good first half but a stinker second...he almost disappeared again and when he did appear he was utter crap
Bony made a difference he caused panic in the arsenal defense and made a goal for Ben..who was good all game. routs was poor throughout ..Pozuelo played too far inside forcing michu backwards. Taking Shelvey off was a mistake. We dealt with arsenal well...apart from the two best passing moves they had ..which resulted in goals...A lot of our passing moves ended in nothing or over hit crosses. We deserved at least a point and have nothing to worry about. We need to fill our boots in the next few games. We have done well with a difficult start and can now start to climb the table.

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 21:36 - Sep 28 with 2908 viewsNOTRAC

Why wasn't,t Leon brought on.Should have played from the start.This was a poor managerial performance. Poor team selection. Poor substitutions.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 21:48 - Sep 28 with 2861 viewswr72

We're taken far more seriously by the big boys in this league now as well.I think that should be taken into account.We're no longer little old Swansea and here for the ride and the unknowns.We're treated with the utmost of respect,something that we weren't in previous seasons.

Having said that I thought Arsenal were nothing special and with a depleted side we were still competitive.

Something i noticed today was once we got our goal we didn't seem to show much urgency to get the equalizer ??
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 21:55 - Sep 28 with 2842 viewsduckling

Could have gone either way, the team who were first to score took the game.
My disappointment of the game was looking at the right flank and seeing how few challenges were made.
I suppose it's to be expected for Tiendalli(sp?) not playing that regulary he might not be to confident, but the lack of aggrassion really disappointed me.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 23:25 - Sep 28 with 2689 views3swan

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Sep 28 by Al_Bundy

Could have played Taylor RB or even Canas with Leon playing at the base of midfield.

The fact that Chico ended up playing behind their left back in attack speaks volumes
[Post edited 28 Sep 2013 20:22]

Based on what I saw of Taylor at Brum it would have been a mistake to play him today. His injury has left him well off the pace.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 08:47 - Sep 29 with 2502 viewssomersetsimon

We really have to stop beating ourselves up when we lose to the likes of Arsenal and the other top teams. We have a good side, but man for man (with the exception of Michu) they have better players than us and our players are always slightly more likely to miss a tackle, get caught out of position and make other mistakes.

If we were to outplayed by the likes of Southampton, Sunderland and West Ham, then that's when I'll start to get worried. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 09:44 - Sep 29 with 2453 viewsFar_Post

My ratings of the players yesterday:

Vorm - 7 - one good save to deny Ozil. No chance with the goals.

Tiendalli - 5 - Found himself in good attacking positions but wasted nearly every opportunity.
Chico - 7 - Played well in the absence of Williams.
Amat - 7 - Decent performance.
Davies - 8 - Took matters into his own hands with the goal. Can't wait to see him develop into a top full back.

Canas - 7 - Another solid showing. Kept Ozil quiet especially first half.
JDG - 5 - very wasteful in possession. Especially second half. Dellivery from set piece was very poor.
JJS - 7 - neat and tidy first half. Subbed second half.

Dyer - 7 - found some decent positions first half. Forced a good save from the Arsenal keeper late in the game.
Routledge - 5 - Poor game from Wayne. Nothing really came off for him.
Michu - 6 - was marshalled well by the Arsenal defence. Hardly any chances fell his way but put in a shift as always.

Pozuelo - 6 - looked lively when he came on.
Bony - 7 - put himself about and set up the goal with a nice weighted pass

Blog: The C Word

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 10:04 - Sep 29 with 2441 viewsShakinPyramid

One thing decided this match and that was the linesman's inability to keep up with play just before the Arsenal second goal. We attacked, and a ball came off a defender and was stopped 18 inches behind the goal line by their keeper who kicked from hands and they scored immediately. I sit in the South and the corner was blatantly obvious.

Other than that, this was an even game and although I agree that Tiendalli was shocking, I thought everyone else had good enough games. I don't understand not starting with Wilfried and think that we may have won if he started. We clearly miss Ash and Angel but on today's performance, we were slightly the better team in my eyes but that a draw was the fair score.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 11:58 - Sep 29 with 2381 viewsowainglyndwr

Watched Tiendalli a lot during the match yesterday, he just looked totatly out of places not dragging players out of posion, also not sure at times to make the run making Dyers job harder and finally once he had a chance to do something he would blow
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 12:30 - Sep 29 with 2362 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 11:58 - Sep 29 by owainglyndwr

Watched Tiendalli a lot during the match yesterday, he just looked totatly out of places not dragging players out of posion, also not sure at times to make the run making Dyers job harder and finally once he had a chance to do something he would blow

Not sure how much of Tiendalli's positioning issues were down to him (and he does have form for it) or just how he was told to play.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 14:23 - Sep 29 with 2296 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 10:04 - Sep 29 by ShakinPyramid

One thing decided this match and that was the linesman's inability to keep up with play just before the Arsenal second goal. We attacked, and a ball came off a defender and was stopped 18 inches behind the goal line by their keeper who kicked from hands and they scored immediately. I sit in the South and the corner was blatantly obvious.

Other than that, this was an even game and although I agree that Tiendalli was shocking, I thought everyone else had good enough games. I don't understand not starting with Wilfried and think that we may have won if he started. We clearly miss Ash and Angel but on today's performance, we were slightly the better team in my eyes but that a draw was the fair score.

Despite the fact that TV evidence showed that the keeper kept it in play by a matter of a couple of inches?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Sep 29 with 2240 viewsPlasticman

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 14:23 - Sep 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Despite the fact that TV evidence showed that the keeper kept it in play by a matter of a couple of inches?

My beef with that one was that it was as much out as Michus ball by the line was. Michus was ruled out, the goalkeepers wasn't.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 18:31 - Sep 29 with 2200 viewsdgt73

We played ok yesterday, Arsenal just that little bit better than us no shame in that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Sep 29 with 2170 viewsShakinPyramid

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 14:23 - Sep 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Yes Joe, very much despite what the tv evidence shows! I read your post before having seen the tv, so have just been to watch the sky plus. The tv 'evidence' shows the point at which the keeper first gets his hands on the ball. It goes no further! If you watch the continued evidence, you will see that his momentum actually brings the ball at least another foot over the line. As originally stated, this was a corner!
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 14:38 - Sep 30 with 2087 viewsYesmar

Just a quick line gents to clear something up,the name is 'ARSENAL Football Club',not Woolwich Arsenal.We left that part of London 100 years ago.Did you not hear ? I am surprised that 100 years on you still haven't heard of the name change. So just to elaborate, for the next meeting between our 2 clubs it is 'ARSENAL Football Club' or simply 'Arsenal' will do.Thank you.
The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 14:51 - Sep 30 with 2075 viewsLord_Bony

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:15 - Sep 29 by ShakinPyramid

Yes Joe, very much despite what the tv evidence shows! I read your post before having seen the tv, so have just been to watch the sky plus. The tv 'evidence' shows the point at which the keeper first gets his hands on the ball. It goes no further! If you watch the continued evidence, you will see that his momentum actually brings the ball at least another foot over the line. As originally stated, this was a corner!

I agree with this.
Had we had a different linesman on the day it would have been a different story.

Why do they use video replays in th European cup but not the premier league?

The ball was clearly over the line,it should have been a corner.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The Official Swansea City v Woolwich Arsenal Matchday Thread on 20:20 - Oct 3 with 1987 viewsharemscarem

TREEEMMEEEL!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024