Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread 12:48 - Oct 3 with 31586 viewsjackharris

A few pics to keep the Swiss from being homesick!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 09:00 - Oct 4 with 2377 viewsSenhin

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 00:37 - Oct 4 by somersetsimon

Just got back from the match. Reading a few a reports online and this one looked like the reporter wasn't paying attention.

A poor Swansea performance, but de Guzman was man of the match

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/europa-league-matchpack-swansea-v-st-gallen-1

The ref was absolutely shocking and spoiled the game so it's hard to tell too much from the performance. It was obvious how much we miss Rangel and Williams. Tiendalli was all over the place. I think Chico and Amat are good individually, but they aren't as positionally smart as Williams. Good to see Dyer back on form - he looked really dangerous when he came on.

One question. I haven't seen the replay of the Michu incident. Was he bending down or was the defender's foot high?

Bending down.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 09:10 - Oct 4 with 2363 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 09:00 - Oct 4 by Senhin

Bending down.

Into a studs first high foot....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 09:13 - Oct 4 with 2353 viewsJackSomething

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 09:10 - Oct 4 by monmouth

Into a studs first high foot....

Innit. Michu pays a price for being tall. The defender should be using his head to clear a ball like that. If it had been Britton or Routledge would probably have been a penalty and red card.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:06 - Oct 4 with 2223 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm pleased with the result and think we did well to take 3 points off a good side. In retrospect though, the thing that disappointed me is that there were times when we were very negative. For example, when we had a free kick well into the St Gallen half, the ball came all the way back to Gerry, who then whacked it up field for a 50/50 heading duel on the halfway line that we lost. Also we had a good number of chances to shoot from distance where the players concerned seemed unwilling to have a go. I liked our new policy of possession with a cutting edge, but think we have regressed in the last couple of weeks.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:09 - Oct 4 with 2218 viewsairedale

I reckon we'll have a tough job in Switzerland. Especially with the support they enjoy.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:16 - Oct 4 with 2212 viewsUxbridge

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:09 - Oct 4 by airedale

I reckon we'll have a tough job in Switzerland. Especially with the support they enjoy.

I reckon it might not matter.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:19 - Oct 4 with 2206 viewsMattG

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:16 - Oct 4 by Uxbridge

Agree with that - if we haven't wrapped up our place in the knockout stages by then, we deserve all the problems we get.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:32 - Oct 4 with 2191 viewsSkipTheJack

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:09 - Oct 4 by airedale

After the kicking they gave us yesterday, I think I'd send the youth team out there (assuming we've qualified by then).
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 15:19 - Oct 4 with 2162 viewsPlasticman

Give us a proper ref, and it would help alot.

They were aided alot by the ref allowing them to conduct violence unchecked on the pitch while blowing for most of their dives.

Plastic since 2012

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 19:55 - Oct 4 with 2096 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 23:00 - Oct 3 by DanishDuck

Suuure, thats why Bony was picked out huuh?

Bony was "subbed off."

It's most amazing that you think you know why he was subbed off. Inside Laudrup's head?

I can think of at least a half-dozen good reasons, and none of them because he was playing badly, as you imply.

Why do I bother?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 19:58 - Oct 4 with 2089 viewsImAlrightJack

Joke of a ref which stopped us getting two penalties, hardly kept the game going and didn't issue a red to the player who put a boot into Michu's head.

This guy was suspended from international football due to unprofessionalism, it should be all non-domestic fixtures at the very least.
The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 20:00 - Oct 4 with 2078 viewsDavillin

The Official Swansea City v FC St Gallen Matchday/night Thread on 14:16 - Oct 4 by Uxbridge

I reply to a statement to the effect that by the time we play St. Gallen again our place in the next round will be assured.

I ask this because I don't know. Will our place and/or points in the group have any bearing on where we are seeded? Or what teams we will face if not by seeding? Thanks.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2013 20:03]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024