Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk says he didnt see it coming 18:39 - Mar 15 with 6948 viewsPhaedrus

Everyone around me saw that second half coming. That game was crystal palace mk2 - new and improved with added defeat.
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/monk-post-wba-h-1422831.aspx
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 18:40]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 18:43 - Mar 15 with 5299 viewsDull1Thomas

I think Garry is finding out what a lot also learn the hard day - these's more to managing (any job) than you see from the shop floor.
No reason to be that bad today - a long break and most players available.
At no point after 15 minutes did I believe we would win today.

There was panic virtually from the kick off.

Missing BIG TIME Chico and Nathan

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 18:49 - Mar 15 with 5250 viewsdeanscfc

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 18:43 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

I think Garry is finding out what a lot also learn the hard day - these's more to managing (any job) than you see from the shop floor.
No reason to be that bad today - a long break and most players available.
At no point after 15 minutes did I believe we would win today.

There was panic virtually from the kick off.

Missing BIG TIME Chico and Nathan

His post match reaction is even more worrying ..... he seems to think West Brom played out of their skins today rather than us giving the game to them second half. He also doesn't seem to know whether we were not mentally prepared for the second half (which is his job) and says that 'before tactics or anything else its about how much you want to win'. Ok, so maybe that's true but this is the premier league not league 1 or the championship. tactics are f*cking important!!! What have you done Huw?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 18:50]
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:08 - Mar 15 with 5183 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Stop blaming Monk start blaming the players, they were crap in the second half again and not due to tiredness.
Somebody needs to score goals and the rest need to stop just giving the ball away.
63% possession and only 2 more shots on goal than WBA and only 4 each on target.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:12 - Mar 15 with 5141 viewsDull1Thomas

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:08 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Stop blaming Monk start blaming the players, they were crap in the second half again and not due to tiredness.
Somebody needs to score goals and the rest need to stop just giving the ball away.
63% possession and only 2 more shots on goal than WBA and only 4 each on target.

So OK to blame ML when players are crud but not GM?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:15 - Mar 15 with 5120 viewsLeonisGod

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:08 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Ah, I don't agree with this. It's the manager who picks the team, set out how they play, sussed out the opposition, calms his players down, gees them up, injects urgency, steers them from the sidelines, assesses the match, modifies tactics, changes personnel with subs, etc.

If managers weren't needed we wouldn't have them and people like Sir Alf Ramsey, bobby Robson, shankley, cloughie, SAF would not have had exceptional careers. The difference between a good club and a great club is a great manager.

I can see why you say this though. It's bonkers that people are jumping on Garry's back after his 4/5th game in charge in one of the most competitive leagues in the world.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:20 - Mar 15 with 5085 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:15 - Mar 15 by LeonisGod

Ah, I don't agree with this. It's the manager who picks the team, set out how they play, sussed out the opposition, calms his players down, gees them up, injects urgency, steers them from the sidelines, assesses the match, modifies tactics, changes personnel with subs, etc.

If managers weren't needed we wouldn't have them and people like Sir Alf Ramsey, bobby Robson, shankley, cloughie, SAF would not have had exceptional careers. The difference between a good club and a great club is a great manager.

I can see why you say this though. It's bonkers that people are jumping on Garry's back after his 4/5th game in charge in one of the most competitive leagues in the world.

Maybe people are jumping because he's been put into a position he increasingly looks like he shouldn't have been put into.

That's two games running where the game has completely changed at HT. I can only assume there was rohypnol in the HT tea. No comment on the subs...they were poorly played and poorly timed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:30 - Mar 15 with 5036 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

He didn't see it coming?

I aint commenting on that
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:15 - Mar 15 with 4925 viewsdobjack2

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:20 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

Maybe people are jumping because he's been put into a position he increasingly looks like he shouldn't have been put into.

That's two games running where the game has completely changed at HT. I can only assume there was rohypnol in the HT tea. No comment on the subs...they were poorly played and poorly timed.

Under Laudrup we regularly started games badly and improved after half time. Opposite under monk. We don't seem to be able to deal with teams pressing up on us. The same problem that we had under Brendan. If we can't deal with this opposition tactic we are in serious trouble for the remainder of the season.
Login to get fewer ads

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:21 - Mar 15 with 4892 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:15 - Mar 15 by dobjack2

Under Laudrup we regularly started games badly and improved after half time. Opposite under monk. We don't seem to be able to deal with teams pressing up on us. The same problem that we had under Brendan. If we can't deal with this opposition tactic we are in serious trouble for the remainder of the season.

Laudrup's record against the teams at the bottom was pretty good, that capitulation at West Ham apart.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:24 - Mar 15 with 4866 viewsLeonisGod

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:21 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

Laudrup's record against the teams at the bottom was pretty good, that capitulation at West Ham apart.

That's true. We have (had) the best record in the bottom half against teams below us.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:27 - Mar 15 with 4852 viewsLeonisGod

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:20 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

Yep, the last 2 second halves have been a worry. Can't argue against that. If only we could press home the advantage when were on top and get a second. We didn't threaten today though apart from 2 balls across the 6 yrd line, only 1 of which anyone attacked.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:36 - Mar 15 with 4827 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:27 - Mar 15 by LeonisGod

Yep, the last 2 second halves have been a worry. Can't argue against that. If only we could press home the advantage when were on top and get a second. We didn't threaten today though apart from 2 balls across the 6 yrd line, only 1 of which anyone attacked.

Oh I dunno about that. Could have scored a hatful in that first half. Should have really.

What's makes it more staggering is that there was zero sign of it at HT. We looked totally in control and WBA looked completely one-paced and unthreatening.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:40 - Mar 15 with 4801 viewsPhaedrus

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:36 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

Oh I dunno about that. Could have scored a hatful in that first half. Should have really.

What's makes it more staggering is that there was zero sign of it at HT. We looked totally in control and WBA looked completely one-paced and unthreatening.

So did Crystal Palace. we should have been alerted to the fact that things can and do change suddenly.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 20:41]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 4778 views3swan

Not going to add to the ML v GM debate but will comment that players do have to take some responsibility. It's them that didn't control ball, poor passes and in some cases lack of genuine effort
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:44 - Mar 15 with 4768 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:40 - Mar 15 by Phaedrus

So did Crystal Palace. we should have been alerted to the fact that things can and do change suddenly.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 20:41]

True enough. And even then it took a complete clusterfook in defence to let them back in.

Monk's like the anti-Laudrup. Excellent first half performances, happy squad but tactical errors and can't close out matches against teams in the bottom half. Whilst Laudrup had to go after the breakdown of the relationship with Jenkins, I didn't like the revisionism regarding his tenure.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:45 - Mar 15 with 4750 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:44 - Mar 15 by 3swan

Not going to add to the ML v GM debate but will comment that players do have to take some responsibility. It's them that didn't control ball, poor passes and in some cases lack of genuine effort

Very true. There was a distinct lack of leadership today, particularly from some senior pros.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:48 - Mar 15 with 4733 viewsPhaedrus

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:44 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

True enough. And even then it took a complete clusterfook in defence to let them back in.

Monk's like the anti-Laudrup. Excellent first half performances, happy squad but tactical errors and can't close out matches against teams in the bottom half. Whilst Laudrup had to go after the breakdown of the relationship with Jenkins, I didn't like the revisionism regarding his tenure.

A compilation of the goals we have conceded this season would be a sorry affair. The number of goals we have gifted has been scandalous.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:49 - Mar 15 with 4725 views3swan

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:45 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

Very true. There was a distinct lack of leadership today, particularly from some senior pros.

Don't want to pick on individual players so will comment the other way. Lamah had a good first half. Leon was Leon.

The rest?
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:51 - Mar 15 with 4703 views3swan

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:48 - Mar 15 by Phaedrus

A compilation of the goals we have conceded this season would be a sorry affair. The number of goals we have gifted has been scandalous.

Agree but that's what happens when you let players run at you and keep dropping back.

In fairness though we aren't the only team that does it. It's part of modern football
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:56 - Mar 15 with 4667 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:49 - Mar 15 by 3swan

Don't want to pick on individual players so will comment the other way. Lamah had a good first half. Leon was Leon.

The rest?

Thought Leon went missing in the second half. Mind you, wasn't alone in that.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:56 - Mar 15 with 4660 viewslonglostjack

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:44 - Mar 15 by 3swan

I agree - that performance in the second half was shocking. GM also to blame though - as has been stated already Michu before Pablo was plain wrong and he should have taken Lamah off sooner. Players were making runs and weren't being picked up and please Bony when the ball is likely to be whipped in get forward !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:57 - Mar 15 with 4646 viewslovejuicejack

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:56 - Mar 15 by Uxbridge

Leon was poor today by his high standards
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 20:58 - Mar 15 with 4641 views3swan

Maybe because before he went off he was our midfield
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 23:45 - Mar 15 with 4450 viewsDull1Thomas

TBF Canas was (as someone put it so accurately earlier) doing his spaniel puppy impression, deGuzman was in front of him, Ash behind and Lamah and Routs either side.
Even Custer had a bugler for company.

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 02:51 - Mar 16 with 4279 viewslovejuicejack

Monk is clueless you can tell now by the garbage he is starting to spout.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024