Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 18:00 - Nov 6 with 1606 viewsak68

A brilliant team performance. You could be forgiven for thinking that Reading were down to ten men, as they should have been. I had to remind myself that it was us.
We should have had this game wrapped up before the sending off with three clear chances. However a bit of Adel trickery forced the pen which he converted. If the sending off was for the tackle then it was wrong as Orr clearly got the ball. Reading knew this ref from last year and were in his ear bitching all game. The ten men just continued as if nothing had happened taking the game to Reading's twelve men.
Second half we continued attacking ,with Mackie filling at RB, leaving ourselves slightly exposed at times but the chances kept coming as did the goals. Reading got one back, a very good strike. Our third followed and the only scare led to an excellent save from Paddy Kenny.
The defence was excellent throughout with our tackles, blocks and saves doing the job. Derry was immense in his defensive role with Faurlin playing back at his best. Mackie and Walker had the skill and stamina to work like three men. Adel was unplayeable again. 'Taarabt's too good for you' rang out from a noisy crowd that got behind the team. The best form of defence is attack and that's exactly what we did. Bit scary at times but so exciting.
It's difficult to pick a MOTM as it was a great performance. Adel, Faurlin, Walker and Derry are all worthy contenders but Derry edges it for me. Immense credit to NW for putting Duracell Mackie at RB and the whole team for the attacking approach taken to a bad decision. This team is unrecognisable from pre-NW days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024