Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland game important for next season 00:58 - May 9 with 2344 viewsThe_undecided

Ok so Monk is now perm and Swansea need to start focusing on next season and to build on what as been so far possibly the worst season in the prem.
Just looking at the table and should clubs below Swansea win the weekend and the Swans lose then you could end up as low as 16th (Can't see it personally) but 15th strong possibility, whats changed? can it be fixed for next season? Is making big changes to the team along with a fresh new manager the right thing to do going into next season, don't think they will have much choice from whats gone on this season.

The concerns for next season are where do Swansea go from here? its not been a great season but the team is not that different from previous campaigns, possibly stronger.

There will be less money in from the league position and a number of players exiting in the summer, replacements will not be cheap, there have been some excellent buys (Financially & performance) wise in the past few years, does Monk have the experience, knowledge, connections to get these players for the right price & will players want to play for someone like Monk, I use the Michu example of wanting to play for ML.

Some of the names being banded about on here I am not sure would want Swansea next season, they are decent players and will get offers from other clubs.

Hopefully next season the focus can be on the premier league with no European distractions which should help although there will be a financial consequence with no European football and the attraction for new player.

I do have concerns - If I am honest for the first time since the Swans went up, new manager (of unknown quality), new players (Needed to replace those exiting) if things don't go well could find that changing things at christmas may be too late.

Worst case: Cardiff bounce back and Swans go down.

At least got the summer and world cup to look forward to before getting back to business.

Well done the Swans for surviving another year in the premier league
[Post edited 9 May 2014 1:13]
Sunderland game important for next season on 07:56 - May 9 with 2224 viewsAnotherJohn

I'm a pessimist by nature, but what worries me is that several surviving teams near the bottom are ending with strong runs. If truth be told, we stayed up this season partly because the league contained some very weak teams. But who are the basket cases for next year?
Sunderland game important for next season on 08:03 - May 9 with 2203 viewsHuw57

Sunderland game important for next season on 07:56 - May 9 by AnotherJohn

I'm a pessimist by nature, but what worries me is that several surviving teams near the bottom are ending with strong runs. If truth be told, we stayed up this season partly because the league contained some very weak teams. But who are the basket cases for next year?

Burnley?

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Sunderland game important for next season on 08:46 - May 9 with 2182 viewsBaker

Interesting first post Mr Undecided. There's a few probing questions there.

This bit raised an eyebrow though "the Swans lose then you could end up as low as 16th"

Not we?

I am undecided if YOU are a journalist

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Sunderland game important for next season on 09:09 - May 9 with 2152 viewsClinton

Villa, WBA for two.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Sunderland game important for next season on 10:09 - May 9 with 2106 viewsDyfnant

We had a mare with the fixture list at the start of the season, hoping it'll be similar to our first two seasons next time.
No Europe so hopefully less injuries.
Draw Sunday and we'll most likely finish above West Ham in 12th.
Our squad and 1st team has improved each season
Happy days

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Sunderland game important for next season on 10:17 - May 9 with 2088 viewsWarwickHunt

Sunderland game important for next season on 08:46 - May 9 by Baker

Interesting first post Mr Undecided. There's a few probing questions there.

This bit raised an eyebrow though "the Swans lose then you could end up as low as 16th"

Not we?

I am undecided if YOU are a journalist

Not a journo - heavy incidence of misuse of capitals.

Blogger, possibly.
Sunderland game important for next season on 11:47 - May 9 with 2032 viewsMolliemick

Too many words, too few facts.
Reads like a Media Studies module at GCSE level.
Probably gets a C Grade.
Sunderland game important for next season on 12:48 - May 9 with 1987 viewsTom1912

While it's difficult to say before transfer window activity I expect the league to be a lot stronger next year. Think the promoted teams might struggle although I said that about Palace/Hull last year.
Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland game important for next season on 16:57 - May 9 with 1893 viewsLiberty

Looks like Sunderland making a few changes, which should help our cause.

http://www.clubcall.com/sunderland/sunderland-pair-set-to-miss-swans-visit-17249

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024