Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New ticket scanners 14:36 - Aug 9 with 6369 viewsJonTheJack

If there was ever a club that could actually make things slower when trying to improve things it's us.

Joke.
New ticket scanners on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 4781 viewsPozuelosSideys

Think its probably some of our thick fans trying to understand what theyve got to do! New fangled technology and all that.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

New ticket scanners on 17:33 - Aug 9 with 4591 viewsPacemaker

New ticket scanners on 14:39 - Aug 9 by PozuelosSideys

Think its probably some of our thick fans trying to understand what theyve got to do! New fangled technology and all that.

It's nothing to do with fans there were quite a few gates not open and the system is exactly the same as every other year at the liberty but instead of tearing off a piece of the ticket or just looking at the ST they now have to bar scan read it then press the pedal to open the turnstile.

Only this club could get scanners in and make it slower than a manual operator!

Get there early for the Burnley game as your ticket will only let you on through the numbered turnstile on your ticket. There were very long queues today for a small crowd

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

New ticket scanners on 17:36 - Aug 9 with 4557 viewsOldjack

New ticket scanners on 14:39 - Aug 9 by PozuelosSideys

Wrong ,utter chaos at the turnstiles today with queues on everyone one of them ,the stewards give up on scanning tickets and just ended up on ripping the stubs off

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New ticket scanners on 18:04 - Aug 9 with 4432 viewsSweyns_Eye

New ticket scanners on 17:36 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

Wrong ,utter chaos at the turnstiles today with queues on everyone one of them ,the stewards give up on scanning tickets and just ended up on ripping the stubs off

I saw you going through 25, it took me another 10 minutes to get into 26 once the 4 queues had merged into a ruck at the turnstyle.

I see you have a nice shiny new cap by the way.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

New ticket scanners on 18:06 - Aug 9 with 4418 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

There were 11 of us in our group today , all got in quick & easy 10 minutes before kick off.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New ticket scanners on 18:09 - Aug 9 with 4393 viewsOldjack

New ticket scanners on 18:04 - Aug 9 by Sweyns_Eye

I saw you going through 25, it took me another 10 minutes to get into 26 once the 4 queues had merged into a ruck at the turnstyle.

I see you have a nice shiny new cap by the way.

everyone was queue jumping in the end ,and that robbing kantttt still has my old one so he says

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New ticket scanners on 18:12 - Aug 9 with 4371 viewsSweyns_Eye

New ticket scanners on 18:09 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

everyone was queue jumping in the end ,and that robbing kantttt still has my old one so he says

I'd keep a tight hold of your scarf if I were you.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.

New ticket scanners on 18:17 - Aug 9 with 4353 viewsfbreath

If today was an example of how it is going to be getting into the stadium it is going to be a nightmare especially when it is pouring down.

As someone mentioned what is the point of having some guy scanning cards with a hand held scanner. I hope this was just because the fixed readers haven't been fitted yet.

Does anyone know if what was used today is what is going to be used long term

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

New ticket scanners on 18:23 - Aug 9 with 4333 viewsSweyns_Eye

I suppose you have to expect some teething problems. It might be a good idea to plan on taking your seat a bit earlier for the first few weeks. I think I will just to be on the safe side.

New ticket scanners on 18:28 - Aug 9 with 4294 viewsGrandPrix

I cant possibly see how anything could be quicker than just holding your season card up as you walking in........be a pain them scanning these in a couple of weeks!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

New ticket scanners on 18:31 - Aug 9 with 4270 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's probably because not all the turn styles were open today maybe .?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New ticket scanners on 18:32 - Aug 9 with 4264 viewsBrynmill_Jack

New ticket scanners on 18:23 - Aug 9 by Sweyns_Eye

I suppose you have to expect some teething problems. It might be a good idea to plan on taking your seat a bit earlier for the first few weeks. I think I will just to be on the safe side.

I'm turning up for the Burnley game at half eleven.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

New ticket scanners on 18:34 - Aug 9 with 4231 viewsSweyns_Eye

New ticket scanners on 18:32 - Aug 9 by Brynmill_Jack

how many days before the match are you going to allow?

New ticket scanners on 18:34 - Aug 9 with 4224 viewsjackharris

New ticket scanners on 18:32 - Aug 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Me too, but half 11 the night before just to be safe!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

New ticket scanners on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 4205 viewsJackfath

Does it mean that the chaps on the turnstiles are now out of a job?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New ticket scanners on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 4177 viewsjackharris

New ticket scanners on 18:36 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

No they're the ones who control these magic wands!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 with 4166 viewsPrivate_Partz

New ticket scanners on 17:36 - Aug 9 by Oldjack

This is absolutely correct. A steward told me whilst I was in the queue that the gates opened at 1.30. The computer system went down at 1.34 causing the gates to be closed. I queued for about 15 mins and then about 4 minutes from kick off the staff were instructed to run up the queues tearing off stubs and we walked through flashing the other part of the ticket. Apparently it is the same system used in the Commonwealth Games. As I got in the queue was still as big as when I joined it 20 minutes earlier. Undoubtedly they would have got in quicker than I did but would have missed some of the match. Don't know what went on in the ticket office but queues in there were horrendous as we walked passed. Get there early for Burnley. It is very likely not to be pretty.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 with 4163 viewsJackfath

New ticket scanners on 18:42 - Aug 9 by jackharris

No they're the ones who control these magic wands!

Are they not very good at it then?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 with 4165 viewsjacksinceever

New ticket scanners on 18:36 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Well as the same guys are scanning the tickets then pressing the pedals as were looking at our ST's last season I would say the answer is a resounding no.
Unless they go to a totally automated system with a handful of stewards on hand to assist with problems (plus they will always need stewards for the disabled gates) I can't see any financial gain
New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 with 4162 viewsPhil_S

did my Trust piece at half time and sought out the stadium manager to get some initial feedback having seen the queues outside the West Stand just before 3pm

A full debrief on Monday naturally and feedback to come in but fair to say there were teething problems that are already aware of.

There was a large queue I understand as well outside the ticket office close to kick off which then also meant that transferred to the turnstiles as well although that will be balanced out by the bigger matchday crowds for league games.

Also been told that the big screens are unlikely to be in place for the Burnley game - I am not sure on the reasons why
New ticket scanners on 18:48 - Aug 9 with 4137 viewsPrivate_Partz

New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 by Phil_S

did my Trust piece at half time and sought out the stadium manager to get some initial feedback having seen the queues outside the West Stand just before 3pm

A full debrief on Monday naturally and feedback to come in but fair to say there were teething problems that are already aware of.

There was a large queue I understand as well outside the ticket office close to kick off which then also meant that transferred to the turnstiles as well although that will be balanced out by the bigger matchday crowds for league games.

Also been told that the big screens are unlikely to be in place for the Burnley game - I am not sure on the reasons why

Jeez Phil we have been advertising space on those screens. It really is Fred Carno's army down there and they are paying themselves handsomely for the privalage!

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

New ticket scanners on 18:48 - Aug 9 with 4136 viewsjackharris

New ticket scanners on 18:43 - Aug 9 by Jackfath

Are they not very good at it then?

They were fine to be honest. As mentioned earlier a few teething problems that will be sorted.

New ticket scanners on 18:54 - Aug 9 with 4091 viewsjacksinceever

New ticket scanners on 18:48 - Aug 9 by jackharris

They were fine to be honest. As mentioned earlier a few teething problems that will be sorted.

Having done a stint down the Vetch and the Liberty as a Turnstile Operator, I know they work hard for a small amount and are always at the sharp end when things go wrong.
Anyone unhappy with the system should email or write to the club, not blame these guys
New ticket scanners on 19:04 - Aug 9 with 4065 viewsjackforever

Complete fecking chaos all around the ground. Its clear there arent enough turn styles at the ground un the first place but when at least 25% of them are closed on a day when a new system is being used it does make you wonder where the sense is. My old man was refused entry initially as the ticket he bought in the ticket office 25 mins earlier had now become invalid. We were told we needed to go back to the ticket office but then techy blokes in check shirts came with better scanners than the blokes in day glo vests had and eventually we were let in. pa system still shit roll on the big screens be nice to hear the names of subs.
New ticket scanners on 19:06 - Aug 9 with 4053 viewsfbreath

Surely the whole point of a barcode system is that it is automatic i . E no steward but a card reader machine as used in other grounds.
I was in west stand today and didn't see any gates closed just long queues.

My ticket said entrance via reception went there and security on door asked have you got pass for upstairs which we didn't be said join the queue . So why put the wrong information on tickets.

The scanners the stewards were using looked very flimsy. They had to take ticket hold down by their side and then scan. Took far too long. Guess time and motion consultants weren't involved in the design

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024