Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now the dust has settled 19:27 - Sep 1 with 2282 viewsPBLOCK

So now the window has 'slammed shut' ( copyright SSN) where do we think we currently are?

At the start of the season there were many posts around how we would do etc and plenty of people were predicting falling through the division / mid table if we were lucky

We find ourselves going into the International break 4th in the table but more importantly we now know the shape of the squad for the coming months.

In my opinion we should now be looking to push on and make a big claim to get out of the division.

I don't think anyone believed back in the summer that Charlie, Phillips , Fer and perhaps Green would stay but amazingly they have. With some promising additions such as Luongo, Chery and maybe the two new Watford lads we have as good as first eleven ( on paper) than anyone in this division for my reckoning, maybe defence is a slight worry but when the Prem sides name their 25 man squads we can maybe get a couple of good loan signings as we did in the previous 2 promotions ( Walker, Routledge under Warnock, Morrison under Redknapp the rest of his were middling to poor after that) then perhaps we might surprise ourselves.

We've got rid of a lot of deadwood, sure there's a bit more to go but maybe things are looking up, this is probably I feel the best transfer window we've done in I don't know how long?

Due to the birth of my 2nd kid recently I haven't managed to get down to any games so far despite having a season ticket but I can't wait for my first game under the lights against Blackburn

COYR's

Now the dust has settled on 01:17 - Sep 2 with 2061 viewsbob566

Totally agree. Definitely a play off place at least. Will be a long season. Ipswich and Boro are the threats.
Now the dust has settled on 06:58 - Sep 2 with 2005 viewsoddball

we have a team/squad as good if not better than most in this division. we won't have a better chance of getting back up to the greedy b astards league than this.take it away benny.
Now the dust has settled on 07:12 - Sep 2 with 1984 viewsBerkoRanger

Now the dust has settled on 06:58 - Sep 2 by oddball

we have a team/squad as good if not better than most in this division. we won't have a better chance of getting back up to the greedy b astards league than this.take it away benny.

+1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024