Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation battle it is. 16:55 - Nov 7 with 3104 viewsJonTheJack

Monk has lost his balls; or his marbles.

That's 9 nine games without a goal for Gomis. And he WILL NOT drop him; nor take him off for Eder with more than 15 mins remaining.

We look utterly clueless at the moment. And it's not going to change with Monk seemingly blind to the blatantly obvious.
Relegation battle it is. on 17:32 - Nov 7 with 3002 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It is not just Gomis, it is also the balance of the team that is wrong as well.
Relegation battle it is. on 17:37 - Nov 7 with 2981 viewsMatlock_Jack

You do begin to wonder if Monk is being stubborn, just hoping that Gomis comes good.
Relegation battle it is. on 17:47 - Nov 7 with 2932 viewsFlashberryjack

I know Eder hasn't had a lot of game time with us, but he was hardly a prolific goal scorer before we spunked £5 million on him..... and from what I have seen of him, replacing Gomis with Eder is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Relegation battle it is. on 18:20 - Nov 7 with 2838 viewsAnotherJohn

The problem I see is that most of the points we do have came early in the season. On current form we are third from bottom:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:premier-league/form/matches:6/ty
Relegation battle it is. on 18:44 - Nov 7 with 2762 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

'Down with the Chelsea, we're going down with the Chelsea...'

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Relegation battle it is. on 18:48 - Nov 7 with 2740 viewsexiledclaseboy

Relegation battle it is. on 18:44 - Nov 7 by FearOfAJackPlanet

'Down with the Chelsea, we're going down with the Chelsea...'

I just text a mate musing on whether Chelsea going down would keep us up.

Poll: Tory leader

Relegation battle it is. on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 2666 viewsRuDeMan1970

I am now in the position of feeling exactly the same as when Jackett's reign was coming to an end, that is to say I think we have the players but not the right coaching staff to get the best out of them. Along came Roberto and the positive effect was immediate.
I feel that:-
Garry has tried to alter the style of play too much, making us pedestrian, predictable, toothless...and, yes, bloody boring to watch.
His substitutions are become increasingly baffling (Eder for Shelvey on 87 minutes???)
His appointment of his good friend Beattie has been nothing short of disastrous with our sole aim now appearing to be to lift the ball up to the head of the increasingly poor Gomis.
His refusal to alter the starting line-up (Ayew to lead the line instead of Gomis anyone?)
His decision to allow Dyer to go to a rival on loan...for the season...with no recall clause...was questionable.
Our failure to pick up points against the 'lesser' sides is sowing the seeds of our downfall. We have the run-in from Hell this season; a similar run-in which eventually sealed the relegation for both Norwich and Hull in recent years...and at a time when the European internationals in our squad will have one eye on the June Euros.
I am totally resigned to relegation at the end of this season unless things change drastically. Monk has - apparently - already ruled out the prospect of him having an older head at the club to advise him, which to me means either he changes or he himself gets changed by the board.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Relegation battle it is. on 19:33 - Nov 7 with 2652 viewsJackfath

Relegation battle it is. on 19:29 - Nov 7 by RuDeMan1970

I am now in the position of feeling exactly the same as when Jackett's reign was coming to an end, that is to say I think we have the players but not the right coaching staff to get the best out of them. Along came Roberto and the positive effect was immediate.
Garry has tried to alter the style of play too much, making us pedestrian, predictable, toothless...and, yes, bloody boring to watch.
His substitutions are become increasingly baffling (Eder for Shelvey on 87 minutes???)
His appointment of his good friend Beattie has been nothing short of disastrous with our sole aim now appearing to be to lift the ball up to the head of the increasingly poor Gomis.
His refusal to alter the starting line-up (Ayew to lead the line instead of Gomis anyone?)
His decision to allow Dyer to go to a rival on loan...for the season...with no recall clause...was questionable.
Our failure to pick up points against the 'lesser' sides is sowing the seeds of our downfall. We have the run-in from Hell this season; a similar run-in which eventually sealed the relegation for both Norwich and Hull in recent years...and at a time when the European internationals in our squad will have one eye on the June Euros.
I am totally resigned to relegation at the end of this season unless things change drastically. Monk has - apparently - already ruled out the prospect of him having an older head at the club to advise him, which to me means either he changes or he himself gets changed by the board.

Difficult to argue against any of that.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Login to get fewer ads

Relegation battle it is. on 19:33 - Nov 7 with 2645 viewsperchrockjack

oH I DUNNO

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Relegation battle it is. on 19:36 - Nov 7 with 2631 viewsPozuelosSideys

Relegation battle it is. on 19:29 - Nov 7 by RuDeMan1970

Interesting points in regards to the Euros and the difficult run-in. Given the teams who are turning us over at the moment, something needs to change sooner rather than later.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Relegation battle it is. on 19:36 - Nov 7 with 2618 viewsbarry_island

Perhaps Beattie was brought in as Monk's successor?

Just smile

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Relegation battle it is. on 19:47 - Nov 7 with 2536 viewstomdickharry

And our last 3 home games are against Chelsea,Liverpool and Man City, we need points in a hurry.
Relegation battle it is. on 19:51 - Nov 7 with 2512 viewsJackfath

Relegation battle it is. on 19:47 - Nov 7 by tomdickharry

And our last 3 home games are against Chelsea,Liverpool and Man City, we need points in a hurry.

There are 69 points to go for between now and then mind.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Relegation battle it is. on 19:51 - Nov 7 with 2511 viewsraynor94

Relegation battle it is. on 19:47 - Nov 7 by tomdickharry

Yep in the other 23 games! get a grip for God's sake

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024