Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Decent point 21:43 - Jan 12 with 4543 viewsLowerloftLad

10 points away from the bottom
A point away from home with are away record I will take that
Bolton,Charlton,Bristol City, all Lost

I'm in the relegation trouble camp so a point is better than none and keeps us heading towards safety so staying positive but the late goals is a massive issue
[Post edited 12 Jan 2016 21:44]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Decent point on 00:34 - Jan 14 with 616 viewsisawqpratwcity

Decent point on 14:59 - Jan 13 by BklynRanger

You're right of course. Maybe it just felt like a defeat at the time. I appreciate the idea that the result in the end wasn't too bad, away at Blackburn with our record. But still - what was it, the 86th minute? I'm never a doom monger on here, but that's the kind of result that if it happens late in the season with us in 16th means a lot more. That Wigan game where that eejit we got from Marseille gave away that stupid foul and they equalised with the free kick was a draw that felt like a defeat.

Why not go back to the archetype, the absolute worst we can remember? We had just sold Ferdinand and were up against it when we'd pulled out a decent performance and were beating those c*nts United but the ref, the Premier League, the whole malicious f*cking universe conspired to allow Cantona an equaliser. That was it, bang, gone, Goodnight Nurse, and we all knew it.

But what relevance does it have to today? We all see it as a continuing problem that we shoot ourselves in the foot, that we're doomed to near-glory then disaster, it's our destiny and we do it to ourselves.

Nah. Sweep away these Romantic notions of Born To Fail, open our eyes and see it's just f*cking Football. It's about playing to a plan, having the right skills and in particular it's about having the stamina to go the distance and having the trust that we will not collapse in a nervous heap at the end. Work, work, work. Train, get fit, practice, that's all it is.

You're here to do a job, Jimmy. You were hired because of your energy, your self-belief and your vision. Don't listen to the moaners; we're behind you 100%. Go for it, my son.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024