Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job 15:00 - May 31 with 21969 viewsmacthejack

http://www.thesackrace.com/news/31st-may-2016/garry-monk-new-frontrunner-for-lee
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:35 - Jun 1 with 2406 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:27 - Jun 1 by jack247

All things being equal yes.

You could also argue that someone who had been at the club for more than a decade, has been a captain under some of our most successful managers and knew the players inside out would have a bit of an advantage over someone inheriting a struggling team who couldn't speak the language.

Going by your logic, everyone would have managers in their 60s and 70s

Not really, I'm just clearly pointing out there are a whole host of reasons on why people succeed and some people fail. Experience being a key factor a lot of the time.

No doubt the experience of this season will help Gary in his next role.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:37 - Jun 1 with 2399 viewsjack247

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:35 - Jun 1 by Murph75

Not really, I'm just clearly pointing out there are a whole host of reasons on why people succeed and some people fail. Experience being a key factor a lot of the time.

No doubt the experience of this season will help Gary in his next role.

Hopefully
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:41 - Jun 1 with 2391 viewsMurph75

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:37 - Jun 1 by jack247

Hopefully

Indeed.

He'd be a fool otherwise.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 01:32 - Jun 2 with 2317 viewsSmellyplumz

Monk and Leeds a match made in heaven.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 02:34 - Jun 2 with 2307 viewsSwansNZ

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 21:35 - Jun 1 by monmouth

No I mean they are not the same team in two different seasons just because they have the same name. For example, the Evo at goodison this season were nothing like the evo at goodison last season for a number of reasons, or the Chelse that were champions are not the same as this seasons car crash, so your comparison is flawed.

I believe Glyn was only taking the results against those teams during the one season that has just gone - Monk at the start, and Guidolin at the end, against 11 of the same opponents. e.g. Chelsea... Monk had 1 point in the away fixture, and Guidolin 3 points in the home one.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 03:12 - Jun 2 with 2294 viewsWanderer

But........Leeds are a big club !
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 09:53 - Jun 2 with 2247 viewsLandore_Jack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36433909
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 10:11]

#backtojack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 10:49 - Jun 2 with 2200 viewsLoyal

He won't get anything from this but hassle.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 10:53 - Jun 2 with 2191 viewsDewi1jack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 10:49 - Jun 2 by Loyal

He won't get anything from this but hassle.

Agreed.
But a done deal according to this site and Sky sources

Leeds United have appointed ex-Swansea manager Garry Monk as their new manager on a one-year deal, Sky Sources have confirmed.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leeds-united-appoint-ex-premier-league-boss-as-

[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 10:54]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 10:59 - Jun 2 with 2170 viewsLandore_Jack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 10:53 - Jun 2 by Dewi1jack

Agreed.
But a done deal according to this site and Sky sources

Leeds United have appointed ex-Swansea manager Garry Monk as their new manager on a one-year deal, Sky Sources have confirmed.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/leeds-united-appoint-ex-premier-league-boss-as-

[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 10:54]

One year deal. What a joke.

Can't believe he has agreed to go there. Cellino is a lunatic.

#backtojack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:05 - Jun 2 with 2150 viewsdobjack2

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 10:59 - Jun 2 by Landore_Jack

One year deal. What a joke.

Can't believe he has agreed to go there. Cellino is a lunatic.

I'd wish him good luck but he is going to need a lot more than good luck to survive a season at Leeds.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:06 - Jun 2 with 2146 viewsmonmouth

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 02:34 - Jun 2 by SwansNZ

I believe Glyn was only taking the results against those teams during the one season that has just gone - Monk at the start, and Guidolin at the end, against 11 of the same opponents. e.g. Chelsea... Monk had 1 point in the away fixture, and Guidolin 3 points in the home one.

Ah yeah, I see, sorry Glyn. I'm a numpty.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:07 - Jun 2 with 2144 viewspencoedjack

I would say he can ruin Leeds like he almost ruined us but they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that before he arrives.

Anyway good luck Garry got a feeling you will need it ...........
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:21 - Jun 2 with 2107 viewsWingstandwood

One year deal? What a ringing endorsement? What optimistic vibes I'm getting here from LUFC? Happy days for the his three other incompetent stooges/impostors KOL, Pep and Beattie also? They might be able to 'steal' at least a few months of well paid employment (as opposed to years) out of this one themselves?

Argus!

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:24 - Jun 2 with 2098 viewsLandore_Jack

Majority happy with Monk:

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3598
http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/breaking-news-8129812?&trail=50
http://boards.footymad.net/leedsunited-mad/2109333055/?pg=1#iz7I3UG8dGiAKgxe.97
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 11:27]

#backtojack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:35 - Jun 2 with 2074 viewsmonmouth

I think he'll do alright, maybe more than alright in that league. Shape, organisation and hoof goes a long way in such a mediocre environment. Better not lose two in a row though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:58 - Jun 2 with 2027 viewsicecoldjack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:21 - Jun 2 by Wingstandwood

One year deal? What a ringing endorsement? What optimistic vibes I'm getting here from LUFC? Happy days for the his three other incompetent stooges/impostors KOL, Pep and Beattie also? They might be able to 'steal' at least a few months of well paid employment (as opposed to years) out of this one themselves?

Shameful that monk insisted on employing Beatie at the Swans, it will look all the more glaring if he doesn't take him to Leeds.

Jobs for the boys,lets see if he backs his mate with his coaching career under the micro scope.

How long before he is telling everyone "it's about putting in hard work"?
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:04 - Jun 2 with 2010 viewspencoedjack

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:24 - Jun 2 by Landore_Jack

Majority happy with Monk:

http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3598
http://forums.unofficiallufc.co.uk/post/breaking-news-8129812?&trail=50
http://boards.footymad.net/leedsunited-mad/2109333055/?pg=1#iz7I3UG8dGiAKgxe.97
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 11:27]

'At least Monk plays attractive football, has managed in the Premier and could hopefully attract better players.... '

Think they could be in for a rude awakening
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:05 - Jun 2 with 2009 viewsSmellyplumz

I'll give it two months, another nice little payoff for the lads, great work if you can get it.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:08 - Jun 2 with 2002 viewstomdickharry

This is the acid test for Monk,wish him all the best,that block at Wembley when we were under the cosh by Reading in the play off final is now long forgotten,funny old game football.
Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:12 - Jun 2 with 1983 viewsWingstandwood

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 11:58 - Jun 2 by icecoldjack

Shameful that monk insisted on employing Beatie at the Swans, it will look all the more glaring if he doesn't take him to Leeds.

Jobs for the boys,lets see if he backs his mate with his coaching career under the micro scope.

How long before he is telling everyone "it's about putting in hard work"?

It is indeed very interesting regarding 'the abject football(ing) career failure' i.e. Pep especially because?...... If he does end up at Leeds then it will be his ELEVENTH coaching/managerial position in 15 years.

Perhaps that's why Leeds gave Monk only a one year contract to compliment Pep's record of spending only a single year at nearly every club he has been employed by? Absolutely staggering to the extreme! How did he/does he get away with it?......Oh and don't start me on adding KOL to the mix!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2016 12:14]

Argus!

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:13 - Jun 2 with 1977 viewsSmellyplumz

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:08 - Jun 2 by tomdickharry

This is the acid test for Monk,wish him all the best,that block at Wembley when we were under the cosh by Reading in the play off final is now long forgotten,funny old game football.

Funnily enough he was paid very well to do just that, it was his job like.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:14 - Jun 2 with 1970 viewsDewi1jack

One way to look at the 1 year deal is-
The crazy Italian has finally woken up to the fact that if he is going to keep sacking managers (is GM number 8 in 2 years?), a short term contract means the compo bill will come down.
He's just trying to stay inside FFP by the look of it

Good luck Garry.
Thanks for what you did for our club (excluding this season!!)
You're going to need so much more than luck with that Eyetie basket case and Leeds

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:17 - Jun 2 with 1967 viewspikeypaul

Don't know if he's selling his house down here but hope he is not since he will be "home" by Christmas.
I wish him good luck but really can't see it.
It will be very funny if Beattie turns up at Elland Road.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Monk Favourite for Leeds Job on 12:18 - Jun 2 with 1960 viewsDarran

I'm not going to wish him good or bad luck quite simply because I couldn't give a f*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024