Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leader of Men 22:10 - Sep 13 with 1138 viewsChopper_R

Just home...yes I did leave when the 4th went in but there was never going to be a port vale or even a Newcastle type of come back on the cards tonight as the team looked beaten from the first whistle
I will let others mull over the tactics employed by JFH tonight but my concern is where is our leader of men.

In games such as tonight when your backs are against the wall you need an individual who
Leads by example and competes even when you know you have no chance of succeeding .

Tonight we had no one on the pitch to stand alongside Derry,Macca,Bircham or Clint...If we have no leader we have a team who will crumble on a regular basis
Leader of Men on 22:41 - Sep 13 with 931 viewsStanisgod

Dead right, Ned as much a captain as a right back, cant see anyone worthy of the title.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Leader of Men on 18:33 - Sep 14 with 700 viewsSomersetHoops

Our manager didn't see the point of keeping Clint Hill who despite his age and lack of speed would have been an example to the players we have now and if he could impart some of the commitment he showed, our team would be better for it. This is a game that with him on the bench he would have been the ideal sub at half time to organise the defence and with other changes which it seems everyone but our manager could see were necessary, we may not have embarrassed ourselves so badly.

Who's Next?

Leader of Men on 23:30 - Sep 14 with 560 viewsLadbrokeR

Leader of Men on 18:33 - Sep 14 by SomersetHoops

Our manager didn't see the point of keeping Clint Hill who despite his age and lack of speed would have been an example to the players we have now and if he could impart some of the commitment he showed, our team would be better for it. This is a game that with him on the bench he would have been the ideal sub at half time to organise the defence and with other changes which it seems everyone but our manager could see were necessary, we may not have embarrassed ourselves so badly.

You honestly think that Hill would have been a good sub. He was a tremendous servant but even by his own admission it was really getting beyond him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024