Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? 19:47 - Oct 15 with 6779 viewsSwanjack10

Bought my daughter a car as she's now 17 , its only a little 51plate corsa for her to learn in , the garage in briton ferry didn't give me a reciept and the engine is leaking oil so bad its empty after a week, the alternator is covered in oil , any idea of the location of leak if mechanics online and the garage just fobbing me bullsh1t, as no reciept and other issues is there legal action I could take rather than pulling the front end of his face off.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:03 - Oct 15 with 4157 viewsdickythorpe

Plenty on here know Lucy Owen. Get "X rAy " onto it. Don't rip his face off FFS
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:05 - Oct 15 with 4148 viewsjackportis

Have u registered the car yet? Your proof of purchase is via the dvla application. If u go to a solicitor they will represent u. Most do a free initial chat. If they believe u are on for a winner they will pass on costs to garage. A question u must ask. The sale of goods act covers u. U can also take to a small claims court which is cheap. I would b confident either option

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:13 - Oct 15 with 4118 viewsnantywatcher

15 year old car with a bad oil leak - I don't think a legal. action is remotely possible. By rights you should have been looking for. a mechanic BEFORE you bought the car. Do a search on the web describing the problem - there will be dozens of feeds to follow that should help.
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:35 - Oct 15 with 4075 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:05 - Oct 15 by jackportis

Have u registered the car yet? Your proof of purchase is via the dvla application. If u go to a solicitor they will represent u. Most do a free initial chat. If they believe u are on for a winner they will pass on costs to garage. A question u must ask. The sale of goods act covers u. U can also take to a small claims court which is cheap. I would b confident either option

Just signed log books which still havent arrived, its been 3 weeks, I know its a 15 year old car but advertised as in perfect running condition, new mot and only 86000 miles on clock, sxi model, looks mint, already had a few jobs done on it , but getting pist off now , the seller paul elliot knew it was for a young new driver, thanks for advice, dicky mate tvvat.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:43 - Oct 15 with 4052 viewsswanstillidai

It'll be the oil pressure switch. They are only £12 FFS and can go at any time.

So put your gloves away, Rocky and get down Eurocarparts for a new switch. They take 10 seconds to fit. 👍
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:46 - Oct 15 with 4045 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:43 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

It'll be the oil pressure switch. They are only £12 FFS and can go at any time.

So put your gloves away, Rocky and get down Eurocarparts for a new switch. They take 10 seconds to fit. 👍

Oil pressure switch? Theres a pool of oil under the car apollo creed.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:46 - Oct 15 with 4042 viewsmonmouth

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:13 - Oct 15 by nantywatcher

15 year old car with a bad oil leak - I don't think a legal. action is remotely possible. By rights you should have been looking for. a mechanic BEFORE you bought the car. Do a search on the web describing the problem - there will be dozens of feeds to follow that should help.

? If it's a trade sale it has to be of merchantable quality doesn't it? In any event it has to be as described. Sometimes you're better off not looking at it before as it could be argued you had a chance to spot it.

He'll probably argue it was ok when he sold it though. Sometimes making him afraid is the only way to get action. I knew someone that was very good at that once, and he got his money back on a car. Not that I'm advocating it...obviously. It could have the opposite effect. Has he definitely said he won't fix it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:48 - Oct 15 with 4035 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:46 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Oil pressure switch? Theres a pool of oil under the car apollo creed.

Ever heard of gravity?

When something leaks it goes down to the floor you see 👍
Login to get fewer ads

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:52 - Oct 15 with 4021 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:48 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

Ever heard of gravity?

When something leaks it goes down to the floor you see 👍

How can so much oil leak from a switch? With cars I have no idea or I wouldnt be asking, ty for advice tho fellow jack.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:53 - Oct 15 with 4013 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:52 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

How can so much oil leak from a switch? With cars I have no idea or I wouldnt be asking, ty for advice tho fellow jack.

Because it's under pressure.

I've seen loads go bad enough to empty the engine 👍
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 20:55]
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:00 - Oct 15 with 3987 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:53 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

Because it's under pressure.

I've seen loads go bad enough to empty the engine 👍
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 20:55]

Thanks again , the engine is empty of oil again as it stands, could I do this repair or is a mechanic required mate?

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:05 - Oct 15 with 3962 viewsJackfath

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:00 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Thanks again , the engine is empty of oil again as it stands, could I do this repair or is a mechanic required mate?

If it were me, I'd take it over (if possible) to the chap who sold it to you and politely ask him to put it right. I'm sure he'd sort it for you if he's an honourable chap.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:07 - Oct 15 with 3956 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:00 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

I'm being serious here by saying a child could do this job. It's dead easy.

24mm spanner (or adjustable wrench) is all that's needed.

Just don't over tighten the new switch or it WILL snap/shear. Pop wire back on and don't forget to top the oil level up
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:08 - Oct 15 with 3948 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:05 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

If it were me, I'd take it over (if possible) to the chap who sold it to you and politely ask him to put it right. I'm sure he'd sort it for you if he's an honourable chap.

He might seize the engine on his way over to The Ferry though in which case he would be negligent and incur more costs.
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:10 - Oct 15 with 3938 viewsJackfath

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:08 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

He might seize the engine on his way over to The Ferry though in which case he would be negligent and incur more costs.

Then I would ask the chap who sold it to send a mechanic over to sort it, or alternatively ask him to arrange a flat bed to come over and take it to him. Either way, Mr S Jack should not be out of pocket for this gaffe.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:13 - Oct 15 with 3933 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:10 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

Then I would ask the chap who sold it to send a mechanic over to sort it, or alternatively ask him to arrange a flat bed to come over and take it to him. Either way, Mr S Jack should not be out of pocket for this gaffe.

Gaffe is a bit harsh. This type of fault is like a light bulb failing. It can go at any time.
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:13 - Oct 15 with 3929 viewsDarran

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 20:35 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Just signed log books which still havent arrived, its been 3 weeks, I know its a 15 year old car but advertised as in perfect running condition, new mot and only 86000 miles on clock, sxi model, looks mint, already had a few jobs done on it , but getting pist off now , the seller paul elliot knew it was for a young new driver, thanks for advice, dicky mate tvvat.

What garage?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:15 - Oct 15 with 3924 viewsJackfath

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:13 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

Gaffe is a bit harsh. This type of fault is like a light bulb failing. It can go at any time.

I'm sure the car would be on a warranty for a few months, especially given as it was described as "in mint condition". If the fix for the fault is as easy and as cheap as you say, I am sure the seller would be more than happy to sort it.

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:18 - Oct 15 with 3911 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:15 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

I'm sure the car would be on a warranty for a few months, especially given as it was described as "in mint condition". If the fix for the fault is as easy and as cheap as you say, I am sure the seller would be more than happy to sort it.

Probably.

It's SJ's call though. If it's what I think it is. It's such a trivial job I'd do it myself.

Like I said, it's like going back to a seller because a bulb has gone and kicking off about it
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:19 - Oct 15 with 3907 viewsJackfath

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:18 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

Probably.

It's SJ's call though. If it's what I think it is. It's such a trivial job I'd do it myself.

Like I said, it's like going back to a seller because a bulb has gone and kicking off about it

Not everyone knows about cars like you though.If he does it and something else goes wrong then the warranty would be void.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 21:20]

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:20 - Oct 15 with 3898 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:19 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

Not everyone knows about cars like you though.If he does it and something else goes wrong then the warranty would be void.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2016 21:20]

Here to help
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:22 - Oct 15 with 3885 viewsJackfath

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:20 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

Here to help

Why not pop around MR SJ's house and sort it for him in the morning?

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:24 - Oct 15 with 3878 viewsswanstillidai

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:22 - Oct 15 by Jackfath

Why not pop around MR SJ's house and sort it for him in the morning?

I am in discussions with him via PM so keep your oar out 👍
any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:32 - Oct 15 with 3858 viewsSwanjack10

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:07 - Oct 15 by swanstillidai

I'm being serious here by saying a child could do this job. It's dead easy.

24mm spanner (or adjustable wrench) is all that's needed.

Just don't over tighten the new switch or it WILL snap/shear. Pop wire back on and don't forget to top the oil level up

Thanks again, great help mate and fath the trader is trying to fob me off saying the car was sound when it left the compound, ive already spent 190 on it for other parts, the oil situation hopefully will be the last, I wouldnt recommend this trader

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:41 - Oct 15 with 3833 viewsDarran

any mechanics on here or am I able to take legal action? on 21:32 - Oct 15 by Swanjack10

Thanks again, great help mate and fath the trader is trying to fob me off saying the car was sound when it left the compound, ive already spent 190 on it for other parts, the oil situation hopefully will be the last, I wouldnt recommend this trader

What garage?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024