Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi not going on US tour 10:15 - Jul 13 with 33121 viewspencoedjack

Should make a few posters happy
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 2510 viewsAnotherJohn

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:21 - Jul 13 by jack247

We don't sell our best players to rivals though. Everton are very unlikely to finish below us and if they do, neither will be relegated.

If we were being bullied by Burnley, West Brom and Huddersfield, then I'd be worried.

You didn't address the point about the 4 points we took off Everton that won't be coming our way this season. A lot of the discussion today brings back memories of what certain posters said after we sold Ash and Ayew - and we couldn't have had a narrower squeak.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:25 - Jul 13 with 2505 viewsmagicdaps10

We hold the high ground here, happy or not....he has a 3yr contract that seems to have no clause in it regards a fee.

If he is no frame of mind to go on tour then we are in no frame of mind to talk less than 50m.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:26 - Jul 13 with 2500 viewsLandore_Jack

I'll just leave this here haha!

#backtojack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:26 - Jul 13 with 2484 viewsandypitt56

Nice to see teh club standing firm, we have been pushovers for far too long. No doubt that he will go but it will be on the clubs terms. Good luck to him by the way, i think he has earned the right to move based on the fact he has kept us in the prem 2 seasons running. Thanks and Good luck Gylfi
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:28 - Jul 13 with 2468 viewsLegend83

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:21 - Jul 13 by Dyfnant

Forcing lol. The club will & should be chuffed with a guaranteed £40M and add ons.

It's not as simple as that though is it.

£40m doesn't instantly replace 9 goals and 15 assists.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:30 - Jul 13 with 2443 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:25 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

You didn't address the point about the 4 points we took off Everton that won't be coming our way this season. A lot of the discussion today brings back memories of what certain posters said after we sold Ash and Ayew - and we couldn't have had a narrower squeak.

Selling Ash and Ayew didn't have that much impact once we got a competent manager in. Would you have Ash back now instead of Mawson for example?

I don't think we took 4 points off Everton before last season. Our record against them previously was appalling. Perhaps we'll return to our usual form against Arsenal and take at least 3 points off them instead?

No offense, but arguing against selling Gylfi to Everton because it means we lose 4 points this season (although you have no way of knowing that is true) is a ludicrous argument.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:40 - Jul 13 with 2353 viewsMorfa_Same

£40m seems like a fair price. We should just take it and give ourselves as much time as possible to bring in a replacement. If we wrangle another £5m out of them in a month's time just to make a point we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 with 2307 viewsoldcob

Who ever we bring in to replace Siggy had better be able to strike a dead ball. At the moment we have no-one capable of taking a decent corner or free kick. As a mid-fielder he can be replaced without too much of a struggle.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 with 2307 viewsAnotherJohn

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:30 - Jul 13 by JackSomething

Selling Ash and Ayew didn't have that much impact once we got a competent manager in. Would you have Ash back now instead of Mawson for example?

I don't think we took 4 points off Everton before last season. Our record against them previously was appalling. Perhaps we'll return to our usual form against Arsenal and take at least 3 points off them instead?

No offense, but arguing against selling Gylfi to Everton because it means we lose 4 points this season (although you have no way of knowing that is true) is a ludicrous argument.

What is ludicrous is your amnesia about how things looked before Hull lost to Sunderland.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:47 - Jul 13 with 2285 viewsDarran

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

What is ludicrous is your amnesia about how things looked before Hull lost to Sunderland.

This is a fair point that John has made mind. Things could have been so different.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:47 - Jul 13 with 2285 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:40 - Jul 13 by Morfa_Same

£40m seems like a fair price. We should just take it and give ourselves as much time as possible to bring in a replacement. If we wrangle another £5m out of them in a month's time just to make a point we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot.

I agree with you in principle, but we have no idea how the £40m bid was structured. It may have included lots of conditional add-ons that may never be triggered, or installments over a long period.

For the first time in a long time, it's looking like the club isn't pulling it's pants down and bending over at the first sign of a bid from another club. I'm taking that as a cautious positive.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:49 - Jul 13 with 2270 viewsDyfnant

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:28 - Jul 13 by Legend83

It's not as simple as that though is it.

£40m doesn't instantly replace 9 goals and 15 assists.

Unlike £50M?
He's 28 very soon. In his prime... for selling. As long as PC gets considerable backing it's a no brainer

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:51 - Jul 13 with 2252 viewsJackSomething

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 by AnotherJohn

Not at all. We had a lucky escape last season no doubt. I'm confident that a full pre-season under Clement means we'll steer clear of danger this year, but obviously that's just my opinion.

But if you can't see the lunacy in your argument that selling Gylfi to Everton somehow starts us on minus 4 points, then I give up.

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:52 - Jul 13 with 2246 viewsDyfnant

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:47 - Jul 13 by Darran

This is a fair point that John has made mind. Things could have been so different.

John seems to have forgotten about the peanut head we had in charge for a third of the season though

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:04 - Jul 13 with 2165 viewsswanforthemoney

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:30 - Jul 13 by JackSomething

Selling Ash undermined the defence for most of the season, although even he wouldnt have been much use in the Bobbly system.
Selling Ayew meant we were chronically short of goals, Ayew had the knack of finding the net when we werent playing well (which was most of the time TBH).

I stand in the North Stand

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:08 - Jul 13 with 2135 viewslonglostjack

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:45 - Jul 13 by oldcob

Who ever we bring in to replace Siggy had better be able to strike a dead ball. At the moment we have no-one capable of taking a decent corner or free kick. As a mid-fielder he can be replaced without too much of a struggle.

This.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:11 - Jul 13 with 2102 viewsdameedna

The second half of the season was very competitive and the new signings did a lot to improve Clements record. Lucky him.

I wouldnt be surprised if the move is not orchestrated. We know Gylfi has had an offer. We can trot out the spinters on your arse rhetoric.

Its only money and plenty more fish in the sea.

Let him go. Move on.

Watched the sigster at reading since he was 17. When we played at reading leon britton came on as sub i think and siggy scored a free kick just before half time. Anyway all the reading lads wanted leon to play with Siggy. We were fortunate enough to see them paired at our club. Quality players.

The era has changed, new owners, in need of an overhaul. Lucky to still be in the epl.

This is a set another set back.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:15 - Jul 13 with 2075 viewsTheResurrection

The meltdown begins....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:16 - Jul 13 with 2067 viewsSwansea93

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:15 - Jul 13 by TheResurrection

The meltdown begins....

The moment you've been waiting for.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:18 - Jul 13 with 2038 viewsymaohyd

Behind the scenes the club have known all summer that he'd be gone, was always going to be a lot of posturing from all parties.

The job in hand from the end of last season was to improve the squad to the extent that we would be looking at mid table security with a run in a cup competition.

As it stands at the moment, we appear to have made an excellent signing in Messa, Abraham may be an inspired signing, however as it stands we are nowhere near what or where we should be. It's an unfair statement, however we haven't progressed at all and are highly likely to be in an almighty relegation scrap again.

It amazes me every season that teams who play with relegation don't seem to learn lessons and end up back in the same sh it the following season.

All this could change, however the club faces an almighty challenge in the coming weeks. If Gylfi had stayed we should have been far more active in the market than we have been and seem to be heading the same way as the afore mentioned type of doomsday clubs.

Now Gylfi appears to be going you can double the intensity of everything....have we done our homework etc? It's going to be a hell of a few weeks!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:19 - Jul 13 with 2032 viewsraynor94

Gylfi not going on US tour on 11:21 - Jul 13 by jack247

We don't sell our best players to rivals though. Everton are very unlikely to finish below us and if they do, neither will be relegated.

If we were being bullied by Burnley, West Brom and Huddersfield, then I'd be worried.

Spot on, we are never going to be able to stop our successful players moving to the top clubs, we just need to reinvest wisely

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:22 - Jul 13 with 2003 viewsgrfn

Caroll is decent with dead ball
Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:24 - Jul 13 with 1987 viewsandypitt56

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:08 - Jul 13 by longlostjack

This.

Caroll has a pretty wicked left foot, I am sure he can step up. Olsson knows how to strike a ball as well.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:33 - Jul 13 with 1927 viewstomdickharry

Little doubt that overnight developments have meant that he is off to Everton and we have considerable transfer funds available for Mr Clement to sign a couple of players of quality, probably from the overseas market, but who, that's the million dollar question.
Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:39 - Jul 13 with 1887 viewsLeonWasGod

Gylfi not going on US tour on 12:19 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Spot on, we are never going to be able to stop our successful players moving to the top clubs, we just need to reinvest wisely

N'gog's only 28
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024