Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. 17:11 - Oct 14 with 11890 viewsskacrazy

Would love to see some edge of the seat football but with the squad we have I can't see it getting any better. Every game seems to be a real struggle for both the players and fans.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:12 - Oct 14 with 5379 viewsmacthejack

We were much more entertaining today.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:20 - Oct 14 with 5330 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Some people are never satisfied.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:22 - Oct 14 with 5310 viewsKingBony

Appreciate a nice win for what it is

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:23 - Oct 14 with 5288 viewsjojaca

Huddersfield were poor, but we seemed to have a bit more penetration with wingers. Leave Fer on the bench and we should be ok.

Even when you know, you never know?

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:29 - Oct 14 with 5247 viewsSwanzay

One shot on target in the 1st half emphasises our predicament, yes its great to get a result, but today was still papering over cracks, so to speak.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:37 - Oct 14 with 5203 viewsicecoldjack

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:20 - Oct 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Some people are never satisfied.

We arn't the Swans people like to enjoy watching, it has been eroded away completely over the last 3 yrs, what we have now is just an identikit lower level premier league team that just exsists and hopes to stay in the premier league every season, as we slowly morph into Wigan, Sunderland and Villa it all gets a little bit more meh.

What was once an adventure is now just a grind, the one thing that allowed us to be proud was our style of play, it enabled us out Arsenal Arsenal ! it allowed us to be one of the best in Europe in keeping the ball, it made us every neutral fans second team, it's then understandable that what we see nowadays slightly dissapoints.

Can't blame the players, can't really blame the coach either, clement is doing what he knows, if Huw wanted a proper footballing man to come in he would have got one, what he wanted was a safe bet, someone that would be organised and keep us up to collect the next multimillion pound TV cheque .

Best thing is to try and forget what we were and accept what we are, it grinds but we will never play football like we did under Martinez,Sousa(at times),Rodgers and Laudrup under the current regime .
The Swansea way is dead and has been for a while.

It says everything for me that Leon Britton is still one of our best players, it's not that he's improved with age it's that our team and quality has stood still, or gone backwards, thank fook we still have him though ! was immense today.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:39 - Oct 14 with 5191 viewsPozuelosSideys

Stop moaning. That was one of the more entertaining, fluent performances weve put in over the last couple of seasons

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:41 - Oct 14 with 5171 viewsicecoldjack

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:39 - Oct 14 by PozuelosSideys

Stop moaning. That was one of the more entertaining, fluent performances weve put in over the last couple of seasons

Which really does sum up just how far we've fallen as a team .
Login to get fewer ads

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:43 - Oct 14 with 5157 viewsHumpty

Well I enjoyed the game today and not just because we won.

First game of the season I actually have enjoyed.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:47 - Oct 14 with 5125 viewsMeraki

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:39 - Oct 14 by PozuelosSideys

Were you even there?
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:50 - Oct 14 with 5107 viewsGaryjack

I wouldn't go that far, but how anyone can moan after picking up three points with the 18 players we put on that team sheet today god only knows! Let's get another 3 next week and we'll be well on our way to picking up the 19 points we all hope for by the halfway stage. C'mon lads, we moan enough when we lose, let's not start doing it when we win ffs eh!
[Post edited 14 Oct 2017 17:58]
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:50 - Oct 14 with 5092 viewsNeath_Jack

Played some lovely football today.

Some of those players lout there worked their f*cking socks off too. In fact, i wouldn't single anyone out as having a bad game, no doubt plenty will though.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:51 - Oct 14 with 5092 viewsPozuelosSideys

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:47 - Oct 14 by Meraki

Were you even there?

I would respond, but youre a clown. So ill ignore you instead.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:51 - Oct 14 with 5083 viewsJonTheJack

Still concerned that we were struggling to break down Hudds before the howler got us going; but we were definitely looking better playing with some width.

Was good to see Narsingh just run at their defence. He doesn't have the best end product, but it got us goal number two today; we need to see this more and I'm sure he would have built up some confidence with the time he had today.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:52 - Oct 14 with 5068 viewsPozuelosSideys

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:41 - Oct 14 by icecoldjack

Which really does sum up just how far we've fallen as a team .

Need to enjoy the better performances though. The bad ones are enough to make any of us feel like sh1t. Today was one of the better ones, who knows when the next one will come along!

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:56 - Oct 14 with 5029 viewsicecoldjack

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:51 - Oct 14 by JonTheJack

Still concerned that we were struggling to break down Hudds before the howler got us going; but we were definitely looking better playing with some width.

Was good to see Narsingh just run at their defence. He doesn't have the best end product, but it got us goal number two today; we need to see this more and I'm sure he would have built up some confidence with the time he had today.

Narsingh was given a chance and he took it, very happy for him, he worked hard tracked back and as you said ran directly, he will be meat and drink for higher quality teams but against at least 8 teams he's good enough to cause problems .

Really happy for the players too, a win gives everybody a lift and with each game clement learns a little bit more which isn't a bad thing either !

I thought Britton and Naughton for superb today, while flaky fernandez is doing everything right at the back , a great team effort and welcome 3 pts . Happy days !!
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:58 - Oct 14 with 5013 viewswhiterock

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:50 - Oct 14 by Garyjack

I wouldn't go that far, but how anyone can moan after picking up three points with the 18 players we put on that team sheet today god only knows! Let's get another 3 next week and we'll be well on our way to picking up the 19 points we all hope for by the halfway stage. C'mon lads, we moan enough when we lose, let's not start doing it when we win ffs eh!

Too true, I’ve seen 9 seasons out of my 50 seasons supporting the Swans in the top flight and I enjoyed today, tough one next week but who knows.
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 4871 viewsZZoric

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:50 - Oct 14 by Garyjack

exactly. the doom monkeys will always have their say, the "yeah but" brigade
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 18:35 - Oct 14 with 4853 viewsSmellyplumz

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 18:34 - Oct 14 by ZZoric

exactly. the doom monkeys will always have their say, the "yeah but" brigade

And then the bellends come out to say this.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 18:47 - Oct 14 with 4813 viewsUplandsJack

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:56 - Oct 14 by icecoldjack

Narsingh was given a chance and he took it, very happy for him, he worked hard tracked back and as you said ran directly, he will be meat and drink for higher quality teams but against at least 8 teams he's good enough to cause problems .

Really happy for the players too, a win gives everybody a lift and with each game clement learns a little bit more which isn't a bad thing either !

I thought Britton and Naughton for superb today, while flaky fernandez is doing everything right at the back , a great team effort and welcome 3 pts . Happy days !!

Though i thought overall we played much better today with the width we have been craving, i have singled out a few for extra praise.
Tammy could, no, should have had his first ever premier league hatrick. He worked tirelessly for the team. Fair play to him though for his two goals today.
Leon was simply Leon.
I also felt Naughton had a good game, especially with very little defensive help from Narsingh, who himself wasn't too bad going forward. But what a coward this guy is in the tackle.
But my MOTM was Fernandez. He was simply immense out there today. Best ever performance in a Swans shirt.He had that big lump of a striker they had completely his pocket Take a bow son!!
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 18:56 - Oct 14 with 4776 viewsPrivate_Partz

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:37 - Oct 14 by icecoldjack

We arn't the Swans people like to enjoy watching, it has been eroded away completely over the last 3 yrs, what we have now is just an identikit lower level premier league team that just exsists and hopes to stay in the premier league every season, as we slowly morph into Wigan, Sunderland and Villa it all gets a little bit more meh.

What was once an adventure is now just a grind, the one thing that allowed us to be proud was our style of play, it enabled us out Arsenal Arsenal ! it allowed us to be one of the best in Europe in keeping the ball, it made us every neutral fans second team, it's then understandable that what we see nowadays slightly dissapoints.

Can't blame the players, can't really blame the coach either, clement is doing what he knows, if Huw wanted a proper footballing man to come in he would have got one, what he wanted was a safe bet, someone that would be organised and keep us up to collect the next multimillion pound TV cheque .

Best thing is to try and forget what we were and accept what we are, it grinds but we will never play football like we did under Martinez,Sousa(at times),Rodgers and Laudrup under the current regime .

It says everything for me that Leon Britton is still one of our best players, it's not that he's improved with age it's that our team and quality has stood still, or gone backwards, thank fook we still have him though ! was immense today.

I agree with this and let's hope we can survive until a new, and hopefully better, regime takes over. Once we were two up the football did improve somewhat and we pressed really well for most of the match.
It may just give us a base to build on and retain our status until all the Chatlatans are out of the door.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 19:11 - Oct 14 with 4690 viewsTrundle10

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:23 - Oct 14 by jojaca

Huddersfield were poor, but we seemed to have a bit more penetration with wingers. Leave Fer on the bench and we should be ok.

That Fer put a good shift in
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 19:12 - Oct 14 with 4681 viewsicecoldjack

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 18:56 - Oct 14 by Private_Partz

I agree with this and let's hope we can survive until a new, and hopefully better, regime takes over. Once we were two up the football did improve somewhat and we pressed really well for most of the match.
It may just give us a base to build on and retain our status until all the Chatlatans are out of the door.

It's the only hope for me fella, that the septics sell us on to somebody that actually wants to dream and take the club forward by actually investing money.

It's going to be Russian roulette i know but from what i've seen in the last 2 transfer windows and sale of our best assets it's the only way forward, my personal opinion is that the premier league standard has fallen and that's bought us an extra couple of seasons, that and a few lucky dip signings, it's been pretty hard to fook us up in that time but Huw and Co. have almost succeeded in just that !

The septics wanted to buy us, then flip us, nothing since day one of their arrival has convinced me to think any different !
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 20:23 - Oct 14 with 4536 viewsLeonWasGod

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:37 - Oct 14 by icecoldjack

Great post 👍
A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 20:28 - Oct 14 with 4513 viewsnantywatcher

A win is always good but watching us is like watching paint dry at the moment. on 17:23 - Oct 14 by jojaca

What are you doing - going to a football match? What an absolutely idiotic post - utterly clueless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024