Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 20:55 - Nov 16 with 4881 viewsBrightonhoop

Anyone tuned in? Do you think they've got TEA?
Fans Forum on 21:00 - Nov 18 with 796 viewsBushRanger82

Fans Forum on 11:36 - Nov 18 by TW_R

And where did I say "solely on cup runs"?

Our poor record in cup matches isn't a recent phenomena. It goes back throughout our history. Do you really believe we have any chance of winning any silverware? We've tried it all sorts of ways and very rarely had much success. The fact that you can only name a handful of highlights sort of proves the point. As said above, we've put out incredibly strong teams which included our best PL team and they still lost to 3rd tier opposition. Putting out your best team guarantees nothing.

I don't understand why you think you're being cheated? If you're turning up to an EFL Cup game expecting our best team to be playing then you haven't been paying attention. We aren't the only ones that follow this model. There's a very good reason why so many clubs do the same thing.

The fact is the Carabao club is not very lucrative. Fans aren't interested and all it does is add to an already packed fixture list at the beginning of the season. Clubs have to weighup whether it's realistic they are really going to make any money versus injuries/burnout of first team players.

You insinuated i believed that cup runs were the be all, and end all, as far as making money was concerned.
I don't.
They are just one of many avenues we can go down.

As for the rest of your post, well, that is such a depressing picture you paint, and what with today's result, I'm just going to pretend I didn't read it, and hope there'll be at least 1 person at Loftus Rd in 2117 to celebrate 200 years of playing there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024