Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team v Burnley 13:18 - Feb 8 with 4308 viewsalibaba

I'd love to see an attacking 4-3-3 with Triple 'A' up top. I suspect it will be similar but probably Dyer in for either A Ayew or Abraham.

Fabs
Naughts FF Mawson Olsson
Ki King Clucas
Ayew Abraham Ayew

Team v Burnley on 13:22 - Feb 8 with 4290 viewshuwlittle

Will be interesting to see if it’s a 4 or 5 at the back.

Swansea jack

Team v Burnley on 13:32 - Feb 8 with 4242 viewsjasper_T

Surely we'll stick with 5 at the back for real games.
Team v Burnley on 13:35 - Feb 8 with 4235 viewsSwan91

I think they won't change the formation really.. the only thing I am wondering.. is who will start.

-----------------------Fabianski-----------------------
-----------------VDH-----FF-----Mawson-------
Naughton-----------------------------------Ollson
-------------Ki-------Clucas-------Caroll---------
----------------Tammy----------------------------
--------------------------------J.Ayew-------------

Subs: Nordvelt,Roberts, Bartley, King, Narsingh, Dyer, A.Ayew.

I feel bad for Dyer but I think Tammy would work well with this team who are actually attacking now.. and he is more likely to score goals than Dyer is. And that bench is not a bad bench.

Having Ayew come on for Ayew in the second half (once jordan has run everwhere) and then narsingh or dyer on for Tammy to add some pace in the last part of the second half.. I think it could work well. I feel that noone in the team should be replaced so easily by the new players.. because they are playing so well.. so let them work their way into the team.
Team v Burnley on 13:36 - Feb 8 with 4228 viewsTheResurrection

I'd stick with the 5 as I honestly feel VdH is a useful attacking weapon, so is Mawson actually. VdH is one of the few players who can genuinely "place" a pass. He's got a dink in him. They've obviously got more licence to break into midfield as well and with our new tactics now of flexible awareness ie if one goes forward another keeps an eye on the void slot, then I think it's worked for us well.

Martinez' sides did the same thing. It's a total football thing. That's why I liked Naughton going into centre half against Notts County, as Laudrup did something similar with Ki against Bradford. We were 3 at the back Tuesday night no matter what Keown thought, it's just that Roberts and Narsingh were so advanced we could afford to leave just the 3 there, instead of the 5, for most of the game.

I'd go with....

........................... Fab................................

.......... VdH........ Fede .......... Mawson....

Naughton...................................... Olsson

.... Carroll...... ....... Ki..................Clucas....

................... Dyer...... Jordan Ayew........

I think Carroll has earned a start and then really decent options off the bench in King, Tammy, Narsingh, Andre Ayew etc

Big game... Another one!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Team v Burnley on 13:37 - Feb 8 with 4227 viewsJFSwan

Same as Arsenal, Liverpool & Leicester.
Carroll for the injured Fer.
Team v Burnley on 15:52 - Feb 8 with 4033 viewsAustinIsOurHero

I would imagine he will revert to the 5 at the back & based on his performance against Notts County, Bartley can consider himself unlucky if he's back on the bench.

I would like to see Connor Roberts in for Naughton, but it won't happen.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Team v Burnley on 15:54 - Feb 8 with 4030 viewsGlyn1

They're as high as 7th for a reason and don't often lose away matches. I'm expecting a tightly fought 1 - 0 win for us, with all the players who were substituted v County in the starting line-up.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Team v Burnley on 17:58 - Feb 8 with 3867 viewsZut_Alors

Team v Burnley on 13:36 - Feb 8 by TheResurrection

I'd stick with the 5 as I honestly feel VdH is a useful attacking weapon, so is Mawson actually. VdH is one of the few players who can genuinely "place" a pass. He's got a dink in him. They've obviously got more licence to break into midfield as well and with our new tactics now of flexible awareness ie if one goes forward another keeps an eye on the void slot, then I think it's worked for us well.

Martinez' sides did the same thing. It's a total football thing. That's why I liked Naughton going into centre half against Notts County, as Laudrup did something similar with Ki against Bradford. We were 3 at the back Tuesday night no matter what Keown thought, it's just that Roberts and Narsingh were so advanced we could afford to leave just the 3 there, instead of the 5, for most of the game.

I'd go with....

I think Carroll has earned a start and then really decent options off the bench in King, Tammy, Narsingh, Andre Ayew etc

Would be my team too. Feel it's easier to try and change the game up a notch if we're not getting chances to break through, rather than to start too open and allow them to sneak a first half goal.

Tom C in for Fer and Tammy on for Nathan at 60mins if it's still 0-0.
Login to get fewer ads

Team v Burnley on 18:48 - Feb 8 with 3764 viewsTheResurrection

Team v Burnley on 17:58 - Feb 8 by Zut_Alors

Would be my team too. Feel it's easier to try and change the game up a notch if we're not getting chances to break through, rather than to start too open and allow them to sneak a first half goal.

My preference, depending on how the game was going, of course, would be to bring on Andre first and Tammy only if we're still needing a goal towards the end.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Team v Burnley on 18:56 - Feb 8 with 3742 viewsMedici

Tammy and A Ayew are our best finishers. Fox in the box (along with say Clucas' driving into the box from deep) could be the lobster on the cake
Team v Burnley on 19:30 - Feb 8 with 3684 viewskarnataka

One thing that's nice to see on here is that most see us as having attacking options now despite Wilf's absence and can't seem to agree on them which we haven't had much of this season.
Team v Burnley on 19:44 - Feb 8 with 3654 viewssainthelens

Potentially this is a real ' banana skin' there's expectation now, we've a couple of injuries and Burnley will defend in numbers. Not quite Liverpool/Arsenal.... personally be more than happy with a draw.
Team v Burnley on 19:51 - Feb 8 with 3646 viewsLoyal

Team v Burnley on 13:35 - Feb 8 by Swan91

I think they won't change the formation really.. the only thing I am wondering.. is who will start.

I feel bad for Dyer but I think Tammy would work well with this team who are actually attacking now.. and he is more likely to score goals than Dyer is. And that bench is not a bad bench.

Having Ayew come on for Ayew in the second half (once jordan has run everwhere) and then narsingh or dyer on for Tammy to add some pace in the last part of the second half.. I think it could work well. I feel that noone in the team should be replaced so easily by the new players.. because they are playing so well.. so let them work their way into the team.

I like your lines.
Excellent, shows dedication.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Team v Burnley on 20:06 - Feb 8 with 3614 viewsmonmouth

Really not sure what the hell I would choose. I suspect Carlos will do back 5 with Mawson Fernandez and Olsson back in. Ayew J and Dyer up front and Ki, Clucas and Carroll in the midfield.

Ayew A, King and Abraham will be on the bench.

Abraham might start for Dyer, or both will play with a back 4.

So much the same as those above. Should have looked and saved myself some typing.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 20:08]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Team v Burnley on 20:25 - Feb 8 with 3577 viewsTheResurrection

Team v Burnley on 20:06 - Feb 8 by monmouth

Really not sure what the hell I would choose. I suspect Carlos will do back 5 with Mawson Fernandez and Olsson back in. Ayew J and Dyer up front and Ki, Clucas and Carroll in the midfield.

Ayew A, King and Abraham will be on the bench.

Abraham might start for Dyer, or both will play with a back 4.

So much the same as those above. Should have looked and saved myself some typing.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 20:08]

Don't think he'll start Tammy after what he said today. Think he sees him as a work in progress.

Team v Burnley on 20:36 - Feb 8 with 3542 viewsjack2jack

Team v Burnley on 13:36 - Feb 8 by TheResurrection

I'd go with....

I like what you've done with Ki, was talking about it today as it happens, I reckon it's a good shout.👍
Team v Burnley on 20:40 - Feb 8 with 3529 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Team v Burnley on 17:58 - Feb 8 by Zut_Alors

Fer of course is out. Maybe you mean King on for Tom C?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Team v Burnley on 22:14 - Feb 8 with 3380 viewsmax936

Narsingh and Tammy seem to have an understanding, I wonder if Carlo will play them together?

Sure I read on here on Tuesday that Jordan Ayew had a problem anyone know if that's true? also is Andre fit?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Team v Burnley on 22:44 - Feb 8 with 3311 viewsploppy

Team v Burnley on 22:14 - Feb 8 by max936

Narsingh and Tammy seem to have an understanding, I wonder if Carlo will play them together?

Sure I read on here on Tuesday that Jordan Ayew had a problem anyone know if that's true? also is Andre fit?

It was Jonathan Pearce who hinted, during his commentary, of a possible problem with J Ayew. Haven't heard it from anywhere else.

I think Carlos said in his presser that both AK and AA are ready to go.
Team v Burnley on 23:01 - Feb 8 with 3273 viewsmax936

Team v Burnley on 22:44 - Feb 8 by ploppy

It was Jonathan Pearce who hinted, during his commentary, of a possible problem with J Ayew. Haven't heard it from anywhere else.

I think Carlos said in his presser that both AK and AA are ready to go.

Great stuff play them and Tammy and see what happens, could be great or could fail, Carlo will know though, so I'll go with him

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Team v Burnley on 04:07 - Feb 9 with 3100 viewsdameedna

With the form our Nathan is in I hope he plays.
Fab
Kyle fernandez vdh mawson olsson
Dyer ki carroll clucas
Ayew

Nordfelt Rangel Bartley King Narsingh Ayew Abrah

Kyle to have another blinder
Team v Burnley on 08:23 - Feb 9 with 2934 viewsawayjack

Team v Burnley on 13:35 - Feb 8 by Swan91

Agree with expecting of Dyer. I'd put Clucas for Carrol on left and Dyer on right. He's just coming into form and we need pace.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024