Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottles and can deposit 09:24 - Mar 28 with 3887 views2Thomas2Bowles

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-43563164

Remember when you could take beer bottles to the off-licence for I think 1p or 2p

I use to go to the back of what was the big odeon on the green and load up with empty bottles.

I guess today it would have to be 10 or 20p to make it work.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 9:37]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Bottles and can deposit on 15:25 - Mar 29 with 802 viewsQPR_John

Bottles and can deposit on 21:44 - Mar 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well if you are getting the money back by way of a refund, it's not costing you anything

If it comes in and you have no choice than to pay it, it's up to you if you don't want the deposit back and let the council have it.

You are worried that if the council take them, then cash them in, they keep your cash (deposit) so you will save that from happening by returning and getting your deposit back.

It will encourage a lot of people to recycle in this way, is that not a good thing?

There is a good chance the streets and parks and rivers and street bins and house bins will be cleaner, less for the council to have to clean up.

I don't see how it's that hard to understand.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2018 21:59]

You tried to be clever by saying I could save the deposit for my CT (sic). I never said it would cost me anything. It is once again the case because some people are irresponsible about recycling those of us that do are inconvenienced. Will it stop at bottles what about butter cartons, yoghurt cartons then there is plastic wrappings. Then there is talk of glass bottles and cans. Will the charge form part of the cost of groceries for the purpose of calculating the CPI and RPI governments might not like that. Introducing a refundable surcharge is not without its problems and let's hope its well thought out before being introduced
Bottles and can deposit on 16:35 - Mar 29 with 771 views2Thomas2Bowles

Bottles and can deposit on 15:25 - Mar 29 by QPR_John

You tried to be clever by saying I could save the deposit for my CT (sic). I never said it would cost me anything. It is once again the case because some people are irresponsible about recycling those of us that do are inconvenienced. Will it stop at bottles what about butter cartons, yoghurt cartons then there is plastic wrappings. Then there is talk of glass bottles and cans. Will the charge form part of the cost of groceries for the purpose of calculating the CPI and RPI governments might not like that. Introducing a refundable surcharge is not without its problems and let's hope its well thought out before being introduced

Good to see your negativity is a way of life and not just reserved QPR

Bottles and can deposit on 18:03 - Mar 29 with 740 views100percent

Shouldn't we be looking to actually move away from plastic altogether and replace it with material that is more recyclable and less damaging for the environment?
Bottles and can deposit on 19:14 - Mar 29 with 722 viewsLythamR

Bottles and can deposit on 16:35 - Mar 29 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Good to see your negativity is a way of life and not just reserved QPR

The points made are reasonable and will need to be addressed,

also stumping up an extra xx pence per purchase may not be an issue to some people but there are plenty that could find it a challenge, knowing you can reclaim a quid by returning empties after use doesnt help if you havent got that quid to spare when making the purchase in the first place

I am all for tackling the ploblems if plastic but it should be a properly planned solution not a knee jerk to salve public opinion of specific demographics for political motives.
Bottles and can deposit on 19:59 - Mar 29 with 700 views2Thomas2Bowles

Let's just look at water bottles for a moment, not just the 300/ 500ml that get chucked everywhere, I can understand that they are handy on the go but hardly anyone refills them at home. then in supermarkets, you see people buying 2lt, 5lt CASES of water to take home, we are not a 3rd world country there is no reason to buy this water this way.

I would ban 5lt bottles

Bottled water can cost more per Lt than petrol yet "some" are grumbling about a 10-20p deposit.You have to be dim to buy bottled water in the first place.

I doubt if I buy bottled water more than once or twice a year, use the tap, filter if you want. but people need to change their ways.

Chucking it on the street or even in the home bin is passing the buck in dealing with it.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2018 20:11]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024