Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Away Problem - any ideas? 12:33 - Jul 26 with 1926 viewsHadders

The Away Problem. Everyone does a bit better at home, but it seems (though I haven't checked the stats) our away record has been ridiculous for years, under different managers. Any creative ideas to fix it? I haven't a clue really, but here's some random (maybe pointless or daft) ideas: changing the travel times/methods, training on pitches the same size as the next match, players interacting with away supporters more (allowing one or two on the bus?), giving a bonus or (non-monetary reward) for away points and (most obviously) setting the team up the same as if we were at home.

It strikes me that playing away can be turned to your advantage with the right attitude, maybe by playing at a high tempo and really going for it at the start, getting the natives on edge. Maybe something can be done to win the ref's favour a bit, too. Fans can also play a small part, I suppose, and maybe the club could do more to encourage greater numbers to travel. There's no need to diss me for any these half-baked ideas : I'm just opening the conversation!

Alternatively, we could say f*** it and start to enjoy losing away, go all out, rest our first team, wave white flags, break all records and make it the thing we're famous for.

[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 18:10]
The Away Problem - any ideas? on 12:41 - Jul 26 with 1885 viewsMytch_QPR

I like the way you mentioned 'bonus' in your thread on away games.

Based on last season's results I would have the team staying overnight in Birmingham, regardless of who we are playing.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The Away Problem - any ideas? on 15:00 - Jul 26 with 1753 viewsBoston

Encourage away travel....well, the club could charter the worst railway stock in the country, (stuff left over from South London rail links or the Holyhead route), broken bogs, slashed seats, no springs, full of cigarette smoke, couple of fans every carriage handcuffed to the grab bars, run ‘em out of Euston or Kings Cross at ten quid a head. Revolutionary I know.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024