|*If* we can stay up reasonably comfortably, this will be one of my fave seasons 13:03 - Feb 21 with 530 views||R_from_afar|
We still need to grit our teeth, break out of the current dip, and get enough points to secure our future in the division, but if we can do that – and we must not be complacent, it is not a given – this will be one of my favourite seasons for a long while.
Don’t get me wrong, it has not been perfect and we have a lot of major issues to address (minor stuff like long term financial viability, the new ground conundrum), plus I was unhappy to see Ollie go, but I think there are a lot of positives to take from this season so far. Most of all, I like the way we have – so far- defied the odds and kept ourselves away from the dropzone in spite of the limitations imposed on us by the ludicrous and flawed FFP regulations and fine, while at the same time establishing some of our home-grown talent. I love to see our unfashionable club overcoming obstacles and often unfair and unjust decisions and regulations. In your face!
This is not meant to be “happy clapping,” but these things amongst others have made me proud and quite upbeat:
- The youngsters coming through
- Excellent loan signings
- McLaren’s willingness to work on things and to change his tactics if they don’t work, plus his drive, professionalism, and dare I say it, pride in his role and his players
- The effort and commitment the players have shown; they all look up for it and there are no passengers any more
- The training ground is moving forward
- 10 years of QPR in the community
- Some surprise results (FA cup run, Forest away, a reasonable number of away wins)
We face a very tough future, mainly thanks to the football authorities, and it is going to be hard to stand still, let alone progress, but I am probably more proud of our battling little club now than I have ever been.
“I say stay long enough to repay all who caused strife” – Alice in Chains
|"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1." |
|*If* we can stay up reasonably comfortably, this will be one of my fave seasons on 15:13 - Feb 22 with 334 views||Noelmc|
Apologies. Clumsy fingers. Meant to up arrow it not down.