Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cordless lawnmowers 19:00 - May 11 with 2002 viewsdickythorpe

Talk to me
Cordless lawnmowers on 19:04 - May 11 with 1986 viewstheloneranger

They'll help you get through a rough patch!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cordless lawnmowers on 19:07 - May 11 with 1979 viewsPegojack

I'll cable you with my opinion, but don't get wound up.
Cordless lawnmowers on 19:09 - May 11 with 1974 viewsBest_loser

At the cutting edge
Cordless lawnmowers on 19:11 - May 11 with 1970 viewsNogginthenog

Obsolete if you have astro turf
Cordless lawnmowers on 19:26 - May 11 with 1937 viewstheloneranger

Just watch your neighbours don't grass you up if you buy one.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cordless lawnmowers on 19:53 - May 11 with 1901 viewsThrasher6

Many mown about them...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cordless lawnmowers on 20:00 - May 11 with 1882 viewsBrynCartwright

My cousin has a Spear and Jackson cordless machine and loves it.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7648960?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Cordless lawnmowers on 21:50 - May 11 with 1807 viewslonglostjack

Bought one in Aldi a couple of years ago. Good point - you don’t have to mess around with a cable. Bad point I’m lazy and always forget to recharge the battery after I’ve used it. That’s even worse than being too lazy to empty the bag after the last cut and having to pull out soggy yellow mulch before cutting again. Garage doors working well Bryn? Or was that someone else?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 21:53]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Cordless lawnmowers on 21:54 - May 11 with 1793 viewsJohnw102

Dad had one for years, till Mam got fed up with pushing it.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Cordless lawnmowers on 22:39 - May 11 with 1758 viewsMrSwerve

Cordless lawnmowers talk to you?

Time to lay off the beer, Dicky.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Cordless lawnmowers on 22:44 - May 11 with 1747 viewsSwanjaxs

I just saw a man slumped over a lawn mower crying his eyes out.
he's just going through a rough patch!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cordless lawnmowers on 22:51 - May 11 with 1733 viewsmajorraglan

The Whch Best Buy mower is a Bosch Rotak 43 LI ergoflex cordless, but it’s £650. How big is your garden? I’d go for a tidy petrol instead. No worries about forgetting to charge it, or fall off in performance of the battery over time etc.

Keep your eye open as there could be some dals around as shops are playing catch up on sales.

Edit - whatever you fancy drop it in to pricerunner and it will give you a list of prices and it should give you a ranking. I am not saying you should believe the ranking, but t will give you an idea and suggest an alternative.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 23:00]
Cordless lawnmowers on 23:29 - May 11 with 1706 viewsBrynCartwright

Cordless lawnmowers on 21:50 - May 11 by longlostjack

Bought one in Aldi a couple of years ago. Good point - you don’t have to mess around with a cable. Bad point I’m lazy and always forget to recharge the battery after I’ve used it. That’s even worse than being too lazy to empty the bag after the last cut and having to pull out soggy yellow mulch before cutting again. Garage doors working well Bryn? Or was that someone else?
[Post edited 11 May 2020 21:53]

Doors are still working flawlessly thanks LLJ.

As far as I am aware the only other Bryn on here is the mighty Brynmill Jack (though am I imagining a Bryncoch Jack 'n all?).

An obvious downside of cordless electric models is that after 3 or 4 years the rechargeable batteries will need replacing. By that time the manufacturers or models may well be defunct, making the whole machine useless as replacement batteries are not available, and hence destroying any green credentials.

Recently happened to me with a cordless screwdriver I bought from Homebase back in 2013.

Something to ponder on kids.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Cordless lawnmowers on 23:39 - May 11 with 1695 viewsSwanjaxs

Cordless lawnmowers on 23:29 - May 11 by BrynCartwright

As far as I am aware the only other Bryn on here is the mighty Brynmill Jack (though am I imagining a Bryncoch Jack 'n all?).

An obvious downside of cordless electric models is that after 3 or 4 years the rechargeable batteries will need replacing. By that time the manufacturers or models may well be defunct, making the whole machine useless as replacement batteries are not available, and hence destroying any green credentials.

Recently happened to me with a cordless screwdriver I bought from Homebase back in 2013.

I bought a left handed screwdriver once 🙈

Won't make that mistake again 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Cordless lawnmowers on 00:33 - May 12 with 1662 viewsairedale

Ask yourselves guys, what is a lawn for? What does it do? Instead of using precious soil for growing lawn weed, put some shrubs or flowers or a small tree or two in there.

Lawn is 20th century brain dead.

When you're up and running, get a nice little non planet destroying push along mower to do the bits in between.
Cordless lawnmowers on 00:43 - May 12 with 1654 viewsSwanjaxs

Cordless lawnmowers on 00:33 - May 12 by airedale

Ask yourselves guys, what is a lawn for? What does it do? Instead of using precious soil for growing lawn weed, put some shrubs or flowers or a small tree or two in there.

When you're up and running, get a nice little non planet destroying push along mower to do the bits in between.

Better still...

Put pavin stones down or AstroTurf 👍🏻

F#*k the investment, we will all be brown bread in 6 months time after the VE day fùck up (thanks Boris)

*am I being to pessimistic* ?

Cordless lawnmowers on 00:46 - May 12 with 1651 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Or a goat. Free milk and cheese with a lawn mower. What’s not to like?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cordless lawnmowers on 07:42 - May 12 with 1584 viewskarnataka

Cordless lawnmowers on 22:51 - May 11 by majorraglan

The Whch Best Buy mower is a Bosch Rotak 43 LI ergoflex cordless, but it’s £650. How big is your garden? I’d go for a tidy petrol instead. No worries about forgetting to charge it, or fall off in performance of the battery over time etc.

Keep your eye open as there could be some dals around as shops are playing catch up on sales.

Edit - whatever you fancy drop it in to pricerunner and it will give you a list of prices and it should give you a ranking. I am not saying you should believe the ranking, but t will give you an idea and suggest an alternative.
[Post edited 11 May 2020 23:00]

That's the one I've got and it's superb. Didn't cost anywhere near £650 though.
Cordless lawnmowers on 07:49 - May 12 with 1569 viewskarnataka

Cordless lawnmowers on 23:29 - May 11 by BrynCartwright

I bought a Bosch Rotak 43 cordless in 2012 which packed up last year so I replaced it with the newer version which is much better. However, I'm still using the 2012 batteries so they've actually outlasted the original mower. Tbh, the batteries are expensive though.
Cordless lawnmowers on 08:12 - May 12 with 1555 viewsWarwickHunt

Cordless lawnmowers on 21:54 - May 11 by Johnw102

Dad had one for years, till Mam got fed up with pushing it.

How’s his dishwasher?
Cordless lawnmowers on 08:58 - May 12 with 1521 viewsmonmouth

The Mountfield I bought as a package with a battery extendable hedgecutter/small chainsaw has been excellent (both have, actually). I got a free battery chucked in and one just about does my lawns, so will hopefully last. Plus their batteries fit all their kit as standard so should be able to get replacements.

I love the fact it is light enough to cart about one handed and no petrol, oil or cables to fanny around with. It cut my mowing time in half all told, especially as it comes with an excellent mulching attachment so if you don't want to muck about with the grassbox it saves half the time again. If it lasts, I'd recommend strongly. Only had it 3 years though so jury is out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cordless lawnmowers on 10:41 - May 12 with 1469 viewsCatullus

We want nice lawn for when this covid schit has passed so wecan have a bbq and invite all those friends we haven't been allowed to see....waits for the sarky quips.....but we are going a bit retro, having a rockery, maybe a solar powered feature with a water bowl for the birds,keeping a small patch for the rose bush and other flowers but otherwise, it's an electric lawnmower, the standard flymo.

The troyble with those cordless ones is the batteries, same as the cars. How do you recycle them, what's in them, are they a false green credential?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Cordless lawnmowers on 12:08 - May 12 with 1438 viewskarnataka

Cordless lawnmowers on 07:42 - May 12 by karnataka

That's the one I've got and it's superb. Didn't cost anywhere near £650 though.

Just checked back on my Amazon account and I only paid £278 for my Bosch Rotak 43 cordless in September last year but that was without batteries or charger as I still had those from my previous Bosch mower. Hard to believe the current £650 price tag though, did I really save £372 just on the batteries and charger? Must be cheaper somewhere else, Shirley?
Cordless lawnmowers on 12:23 - May 12 with 1432 viewsmonmouth

Cordless lawnmowers on 12:08 - May 12 by karnataka

Just checked back on my Amazon account and I only paid £278 for my Bosch Rotak 43 cordless in September last year but that was without batteries or charger as I still had those from my previous Bosch mower. Hard to believe the current £650 price tag though, did I really save £372 just on the batteries and charger? Must be cheaper somewhere else, Shirley?

My mountfield package was £450 including 2 batteries, the mower, the hedgecutter and a free professional lawn treatment worth £50. So, yeah, I think you have to look for offers.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cordless lawnmowers on 18:04 - May 12 with 1320 viewsNotLoyal

A cordless lawnmower is witchcraft.
Plug in to the mains and risk electrocution, it’s the best way.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024