Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans & FansNetwork 12:50 - Sep 23 with 21627 viewsKeithHaynes

As many of you know Phil Sumbler and I have known each other for many years going way back to the 90's. History aside in all our ventures we have remained good friends. Recent events on his and this site has resulted in us both agreeing that if we are good friends then both sites will also have the same relationship. After a lengthy conversation today we have agreed on numerous points. First off, the reason I took over this site was to influence advertisers and people to visit this site as its decline was evident. Phil had left Fansnetwork and now runs planet swans. I have one other reason for attempting to generate a small income from Fansnetwork. Proceeds will go to a charitable cause or causes. I will give you an example, my daughter has terminal brain cancer, she has four children and until being diagnosed worked all her life. Her husband continues to keep family life stable as the main breadwinner. To be able to give kids something to look forward to and assist with that financially (and that goes for anyone who benefits) is the main gift this site has. Both Phil and I agree we can both be beneficial to each other in that regard.

To bring new content to this site, things like Roger Freestone joining us can only help us moving forwards.

However, to encourage quality writers and to develop relationships with advertisers we need to show we are a professional but fun business. Advertisers will not pay for their company to be on this site if posters remain in the mode of abusing each other or brining up old wounds, creating an us and them environment with Phil's site and similar tactics. There is no us and them, this is a Swansea City site in the main, we have areas you can discuss any topic you like without resorting to provoking racial tension or using hate to promote a point of view. No advertiser or decent contributor wants to be associated with that, and neither do I.

90% of posts since I have taken over the site have been fine, clever, witty and informative and that's the way we are going to keep it. From today I am going to unlock all bans on this site and moderate it every few hours for a period of time. I also hope you can help by reporting anything that's abusive or threatening. On that point any thread causing division between the two sites will be taken down, any threats or issues promoting hate will result in the user being banned, permanently.

From this moment these rules have to apply, and they will apply to both websites at the agreement of both Phil and I. Whats gone before has gone, we want a flourishing and friendly environment on both websites, somewhere younger people can enjoy as well. However in the main we are all old enough to understand the basic rules of decency and not use swearing or words that are clearly modified as a swear word to be offensive.

On a very positive point the site has increased in members and visits by almost a quarter in just over a week, that's down to you supporting us and of course supporting the reasons why I run this site. There's more to come to make this a more successful reading experience on Fansnetwork and I look forward to your support as we do so.

Thank you all.

Update from responses
Both websites are completely independent, but we both agree neither will be used by certain others to promote hate between the websites or individual members. None of this should be confusing. Phil update his site later on today.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:42 - Oct 19 with 8892 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:36 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

We have spoken, he will.

Cheers butt 😘

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:47 - Oct 19 with 9222 viewsKeithHaynes

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:42 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Cheers butt 😘

Although personal politics aside on the non football forum, and that’s just preference, anything you’ve noticed we should be doing, always happy to take on opinions as you know.

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:50 - Oct 19 with 8870 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:47 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

Although personal politics aside on the non football forum, and that’s just preference, anything you’ve noticed we should be doing, always happy to take on opinions as you know.

Not really mate, you seem to be doing a tidy job on here maybe one or two need to stop getting thier nickers in a twist though 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:55 - Oct 19 with 9191 viewsKeithHaynes

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:50 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Not really mate, you seem to be doing a tidy job on here maybe one or two need to stop getting thier nickers in a twist though 🤔

Ah,that’s life mate, as I’ve said you are a valued poster, can’t control everyone’s minds, as long as it’s within the guidelines it’s all good.

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:56 - Oct 19 with 8847 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 18:55 - Oct 19 by KeithHaynes

Ah,that’s life mate, as I’ve said you are a valued poster, can’t control everyone’s minds, as long as it’s within the guidelines it’s all good.

Amen mate 🙏

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 19:00 - Oct 19 with 9162 viewsonehunglow

Knickers!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 21:07 - Oct 19 with 8997 viewsKilkennyjack

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 19:00 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Knickers!

Beth ? 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Planet Swans & FansNetwork on 21:27 - Oct 19 with 9025 viewsonehunglow

Knickers in a twist is an odd phrase.

Only knickers I remember being twisted was my gran's bloomers in the mangle. Note ,we were posh and didnt have to wring clothes by hand.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024