Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One more ? 10:57 - Oct 6 with 1458 viewsqpr1976

After Bonne arriving, I think Warbs said “VERY close to 2 or 3 more”. So will there be a 3rd ? Assuming it wasn’t 2 of 3 (if Green was still an option if either Adomah or Willock didn’t happen).

If so, where ? & Who ??
Left sided CB Cover for me, especially if he could cover LB.

That also assumes BOS & Manning don’t depart.
Beyond that, I think we’ll just see a few squaddies go out on loan.
One more ? on 11:24 - Oct 6 with 1389 viewscaliforniahoop

I think Wallace could be the left sided CB cover?
One more ? on 12:26 - Oct 6 with 1246 viewsLazyFan

Warbs will see how his new signings fit in and then possibly look at the loan market for a prem world-class forward on a cheap loan.

Remember Prem players now cannot go out on loan to Europe. So, this means for those larger massive squads some expensive prem forward will be drawing a salary with no chance of playing and losing value daily.

Better they go out on loan to QPR to then get sold in the Jan window like Naki. This means the prem club will have to accept we shall pay minimal amounts of the total wages. Better the player gets fit and possibly in the shop window for Jan than sits in the reserves moaning at the manager all day long.

And this is if Warbs thinks we need such a player. We may not bother at all, especially if BOS signs a contract with us. Several things have played into our hands ...

- Early Eze sale brought in enough cash so we can survive the year.
- C19 has put all other clubs in trouble so, they do not want to spend, driving down prices.
- Our current signings seem to be performing.
- We moved on expensive players like BFG, Hall, Pugh and saved monies here.
- Reserves have stepped up, Kaky, Dieng, Masterson Smyth, (well potentially) which means we could see where the gapes were for what we needed.
- Three new signings have great potential.
- Prem clubs have made a hash of the transfer window and while they will be in strong position with other lower league clubs, not with us as we don't need to sell.
- We only need a LB now as we seem to have plenty of cover in all other positions. So, when other clubs get injured, suspended players in the 3 game a week season we should be able to cope.

In my view, we should sign the best young LB from the lower leagues on the last day of this EFL window, forcing through a deal the other club must do, probably so they can survive and then sit on the money left over till Jan and see how we are.

Come Jan, if we are in trouble go for a Prem ace to help us out as we did with Naki and Hugs. If not, we can look to see who is young and sellable and available on the cheap to build the squad again for the rest of this season. This is the Moneyball Brentford way no?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 12:28]

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024