Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kudos to Norway 19:43 - Mar 26 with 3931 viewsbellomatic

Impressed by the Norway team for protesting about Qatar's human rights:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56516109

Do you reckon we'll see any English players following their example?

Kudos to Norway on 07:54 - Apr 6 with 599 viewsdistortR

Kudos to Norway on 11:26 - Apr 1 by dodge_stoke_r

Just about everybody is in agreement that FIFA are corrupt and it's all well and good having their photos taken in their freshly printed tee shirts. But to then play a game of football were the objective of the game is to win the chance of playing in the very competition that they are "protesting" against, is quite frankly, obscene. And the definition of a pointless action. This will all be forgotten in a year's time, but if all countries boycott it, then it will be written in history. But then there's the argument that all of the lost lives will have been lost for nothing, I suppose. Personally I'd go for boycotting it. But I won't happen

Ah, but this is the age where being seen to do something is so much more important then actually doing something. It's like someone has taken the existentialist "If a tree falls....." thing and marinated it in the celebrity culture/ self obsessed credo and created a load of visually loud but ultimately vacuous, meaningless shit.

I will applaud any player who stands up and says "I'm not going because............"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024