Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 21s 12:30 - Jun 28 with 1854 viewsjasper_T

Gone are the u23s, the powers that be have decided that it's to be u21s again at the end point of football academies.

New signing Ben Blythe is entering his u21s season, so will be an overaged player for our reserves next season. With a two year contract we'll be hoping he's ready to make the step up sooner rather than later. Wasiri Williams is in his u23s season, so is already overaged. Things for the club to think about.
Under 21s on 12:42 - Jun 28 with 1812 viewsglanmORJa_k

Waste of time in all honesty to play guys like Williams and Blythe at their age in the U21's. By the time the season starts and they find themselves out of contention for a first team place, and before the window closes, best to offload them on loan.
Under 21s on 12:52 - Jun 28 with 1794 viewsBadlands

I read something about teams being able to field 5 overage players.
Also, does EUFA still encourage players who start in under 21 international competitions to remain playing until the end of the competition which would take the older players to 23 if their nation progresses?
TBH if you are 21 and not playing senior football at some level it is very unlikely you will make the grade.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Under 21s on 13:14 - Jun 28 with 1760 viewsjasper_T

Under 21s on 12:52 - Jun 28 by Badlands

I read something about teams being able to field 5 overage players.
Also, does EUFA still encourage players who start in under 21 international competitions to remain playing until the end of the competition which would take the older players to 23 if their nation progresses?
TBH if you are 21 and not playing senior football at some level it is very unlikely you will make the grade.

If Wales had qualified for the u21s Euros, Brandon Cooper would have been 23 when the finals are played in June next year. Ollie Cooper is only a month older and wasn't eligible for any of qualifying.

With this campaign over, Brandon, Dan Williams and Lewis Webb all no longer qualify for Wales u21s duty, although Webb is still an u21 in domestic football because we go by school year (Sept 1st) rather than calendar year (Jan 1st).
Under 21s on 16:32 - Jun 28 with 1587 viewsCatullus

When does this come in? Surely they can't just decide this and do it instantly, that's hardly fair on clubs or players.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Under 21s on 17:40 - Jun 28 with 1529 viewsjasper_T

Under 21s on 16:32 - Jun 28 by Catullus

When does this come in? Surely they can't just decide this and do it instantly, that's hardly fair on clubs or players.

https://theathletic.com/news/premier-league-2-changes/zpZ3Q2ZKNwp5/
Under 21s on 18:53 - Jun 28 with 1486 viewsKilkennyjack

Under 21s on 12:42 - Jun 28 by glanmORJa_k

Waste of time in all honesty to play guys like Williams and Blythe at their age in the U21's. By the time the season starts and they find themselves out of contention for a first team place, and before the window closes, best to offload them on loan.

Sounds correct to me

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024