Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Formation Martin could implement... 14:31 - Aug 7 with 1629 viewsKerouac

...what do you think?

This is mine;

Option 1 -
4-3-3

------------------------------- Benda ----------------------------------
------------------- Cabango --------- Darling ----------------------
Naughton/Wood -------------------------------------- Manning
-------------------------------- Allen ---------------------------------
------- Ntcham/Fulton --------------------- Grimes ----------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
------ ----------------------- Patterson ------------------------------
---------------- Obafemi ----------------- Piroe --------------------

Subs: Fisher (GK), Latibeaudiere (RB/CB) or Wood (CB/RB) or Naughton (CB/RB), Sorinola (LWB), Fulton/Ntcham (CM), Garrick (RWB), Congreve (CAM), Joseph (ST

Your formation and your system should be set to allow you to get your 11 best players in the team.
I've included Sorinola & Garrick on the bench so we have the option of changing the team shape to wing-backs if that's what the situation requires
(Marin's 'system' is now the plan B - except I would tweak it, ditching the ludicrous tactic of the wing-backs of playing so high...it would be a 3-5-2, with an attacking midfielder whose sole job is to float between the lines, finding space and giving the 2 midfielders and the defenders the chance to play a crisp 20-30 yard pass into his feet allowing us to transition into attack...it's not really Martin's system but allows us to make some use of the time spent over the past 12 months).

Patterson would be given free licence to roam, he must find space in-between the lines.
Piroe is free to drop into the space in-between the lines too, if he sees fit.
Obafemi needs to be constantly making forward runs looking for the ball in behind.
We could take Patterson off if he is not performing, put Piroe in there and give Joseph half an hour up front with Obafemi.

The Full-backs provide some width after some patient build up in midfield, if the play is developing on the right, Manning needs to get forward to provide width on the Left (and vice versa).

The defence explains itself, but I'll have a go anyway...
- Manning is a solid left-back, he is good defensively and looks comfortable in midfield (rather than as a Left-forward in Martin's system).
- We have one big ugly, solid centre-half who is good in the air in Cabango (Bennett would be fine here also, but that would require somebody with some brains resolving his situation) and one ball-playing centre-half in Darling (Latibeaudiere or Naughton could fill in here when required).
- We don't have a right-back, Garrick could be taught to play this position I'm sure but I have gone with Wood. Wood has pace, has impressed some with his defending (I wasn't impressed yesterday - was the wrong side of his man for their 2nd goal and was then shrugged off by the striker)...Martin and his staff should be able to coach him to improve as a right-back, that ir job after all.
Latibeaudiere would be more comfortable as a right-back rather than a right-forward too, so he is an option.
Of course, Naughton can play here and remains a good option but has lost his pace...it would depend on the opposition who gets the nod.

GK
We should be developing Benda, he is a better keeper than Fisher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 14:36 - Aug 7 with 1610 viewsCatullus

4-3-1-2

We do have a right back in Naughton so it's Fisher then RR Naughton, LB Manning, CB's Darling and Cabango, CDM's Allen, Grimes, Fulton, CAM Pato, Strikers Piroe and Obafemi.

With the caveat that Pato has to do more work, he can't be as hot and cold and if he can't up his work rate, give Congreve a chance.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 16:42 - Aug 7 with 1517 viewsBadlands

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 14:36 - Aug 7 by Catullus

4-3-1-2

We do have a right back in Naughton so it's Fisher then RR Naughton, LB Manning, CB's Darling and Cabango, CDM's Allen, Grimes, Fulton, CAM Pato, Strikers Piroe and Obafemi.

With the caveat that Pato has to do more work, he can't be as hot and cold and if he can't up his work rate, give Congreve a chance.

Paterson got his contract and can go back to sleep now. Ducked out of a few balls he should have collected rather than chance a tackle..
…………………… Benda
Naughton. Cabango …. Darling …. Ogbeta
…………………Walsh …………. Grimes
…………………………….Allen
Garrick ……………Piroe ………..Ogbeta.

We don’t have wing backs so don’t so don’t try

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 16:47 - Aug 7 with 1509 viewsCatullus

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 16:42 - Aug 7 by Badlands

Paterson got his contract and can go back to sleep now. Ducked out of a few balls he should have collected rather than chance a tackle..
…………………… Benda
Naughton. Cabango …. Darling …. Ogbeta
…………………Walsh …………. Grimes
…………………………….Allen
Garrick ……………Piroe ………..Ogbeta.

We don’t have wing backs so don’t so don’t try

You've got Ogbeta in twice and Walsh is out long term, not that I think he's good enough anyway. He's made of fragile stuff. Allen is't a CAM either, nor likely to be, in my opinion.

I gave Paterson a chance but he has to blow more hot tan cold or he's out.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 16:52 - Aug 7 with 1504 viewsBryanSwan

As much as i would love to change to more of a 4231 woth two wingers as that is almost always my preferred set up, I just dont see anyone in the squad capable of playin on either flank.
The best I could do is probably:
Fisher
Naughton Cabango Darling Manning
Allen Grimes
Ntcham Pitoe Patterson
Obafemi

With Benda, Sorinola, Fulton, Congreve, Wood, Garrick & Cullen on the bench.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 16:52 - Aug 7 with 1503 viewsjeza739

But that means Martin has to admit he was wrong to buy Fisher ... Don't hold your breath I suggest. From what I've seen, everything is everyone else is fault bar his
Best Formation Martin could implement... on 20:52 - Aug 7 with 1414 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Fisher
Sorinola Cabango Darling Ogbeta
Fulton Grimes O.Cooper Ntcham
Obafemi Piroe

Full backs permission to go forward, Cooper tip of a diamond
Best Formation Martin could implement... on 22:53 - Aug 8 with 1289 viewsKilkennyjack

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 16:52 - Aug 7 by BryanSwan

As much as i would love to change to more of a 4231 woth two wingers as that is almost always my preferred set up, I just dont see anyone in the squad capable of playin on either flank.
The best I could do is probably:
Fisher
Naughton Cabango Darling Manning
Allen Grimes
Ntcham Pitoe Patterson
Obafemi

With Benda, Sorinola, Fulton, Congreve, Wood, Garrick & Cullen on the bench.

Totally agree, you should be our next manager.

(Except for Cullen, of course ….sadly)

Beware of the Risen People

Best Formation Martin could implement... on 23:02 - Aug 8 with 1277 viewsNotLoyal

Best formation ?
Show some guts, respect the fans who travel the length of the country to support the swans, oh and did I say, show some guts.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024