Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. 20:11 - Sep 27 with 2159 viewsLeedsR

….anyone else catch it this morning!?! Only me?? I wasn’t expecting a financial expert comparing the government’s hope of its recent “fiscal event” being successful with the prospect of and I quote “my QPR beating your Manchester Utd, Nick (Robinson) 5 nil!”

Loved hearing the Rs represented!!

I know Radio 4 is not everyone’s cup of tea, but here’s some good stuff on there. I used to listen to Radio 5 in the mornings until quite recently I realised it was always putting me in a foul mood first thing!!

At risk of sounding like Finney, maybe I’m just an old fart!!

What’s the most unexpected place/medium where you’ve heard a reference to QPR??
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:20 - Sep 27 with 2116 viewsdmm

Did you catch the name of the financial expert?
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:23 - Sep 27 with 2111 viewsLeedsR

Like a geek, I went on to BBC sounds to confirm what I thought I heard, and it’s an Egyptian-American (I googled that bit) called Mohammed El-Erian. An economist is probably the more accurate description. Apparently he’s been on a few times.

I wonder if he goes to matches.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2022 21:12]
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:38 - Sep 27 with 2050 viewsCiderwithRsie

Stephanie Flanders (who used to be BBC Economics Editor, now at Bloomberg according to Wikipedia) is an R.

She's also the daughter of the Flanders in Flanders and Swann, as in this:

Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:48 - Sep 27 with 2024 viewsLeedsR

Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:38 - Sep 27 by CiderwithRsie

Stephanie Flanders (who used to be BBC Economics Editor, now at Bloomberg according to Wikipedia) is an R.

Love this!! A great reference!!
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 21:04 - Sep 27 with 1965 viewsdsw2509

Yes, I heard it. He is a very bright chap. The analogy is very apt given that we had a great chance to make it 5 on that never to be forgotten day.
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 21:37 - Sep 27 with 1882 viewseastside_r

Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:23 - Sep 27 by LeedsR

Like a geek, I went on to BBC sounds to confirm what I thought I heard, and it’s an Egyptian-American (I googled that bit) called Mohammed El-Erian. An economist is probably the more accurate description. Apparently he’s been on a few times.

I wonder if he goes to matches.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2022 21:12]

If it’s the chap I think it is, yes then he definitely used to go. Sat in SAR.
Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 22:25 - Sep 27 with 1819 viewsenfieldargh

Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 20:38 - Sep 27 by CiderwithRsie

My dad had a huge collection of classical LP's but he also had a few comedy records. Bob Newhart, The Best of Peter Sellars, Tom Lehrer, Victor Borge and Flanders & Swan At the Drop of a Hat. Used to love listening to these must have been listening to these from 7 years old

1968,I had already discovered QPR thanks to the League Cup win then My eldest sister left a copy of Electric Ladyland by the gramaphone.

I grew up in more directions I never knew I could. I've still got the LP and know whose nipples belong to whose face. Bottom left long raven hair and a lovely pair.

Hold very tight please Ting Ting

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Reference to the Rs on R4 Today programme.. on 08:59 - Sep 28 with 1563 viewsWren67

Never thought listening to Radio 4 could be so interesting considering I listen to R4 at night to assist sleeping. If i hear the shipping forecast after "Sailing By", I worry.

Perhaps I should start inspecting my old LPs instead
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024