Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen out , Dunne fit maybe a solution 09:44 - Nov 7 with 1952 viewsBlue_Castello

Well the expectations were high on Saturday but if you've supported the Rs for decades you knew it was a potential banana skin, team scrapping for points with a new manager who knows what's he's doing revitalising a squad with some very good Championship players.
The analysis can say we lost the game for a variety of reasons but we definitely missed Johansen in midfield and the replacements, Amos and Dozzell need to be playing at their very best to remotely compensate.
So maybe the answer is to go to a back three from the start, Beale repeatedly says we have four top quality centre halves so let's use our best players, it would mean Laird and Paal can push even more forward and this season they have been a breath of fresh air, top quality full backs finally. Ok we start with one less midfield player but until Johansen is fit and firing it's no loss, drop Chair back a bit deeper that's not a problem he spent most of the game on Saturday running back and collecting the ball.
I'm also reminded of Holloway I think selecting Grant Hall in a back three and giving him instructions to push forward into midfield when the option arises, I'm sure one of our current centre halves could do a similar job, tactically it gives the opposition another problem and adds some genuine ball winning ability in the midfield.
Finally I can't help feeling that this formation would have worked much better against Luton and Birmingham but it's all conjecture, as Clive points out we have a very good starting eleven for competing at the top of the Championship and struggle when there's injuries to key players, will be interesting to see who Mick picks to start tomorrow...
[Post edited 7 Nov 2022 10:15]
Johansen out , Dunne fit maybe a solution on 10:27 - Nov 7 with 1790 viewsPaddyhoops

Dickie performs like he did on Saturday. Dunne will be back regardless . I like Rob but he was poor the other day.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024