Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Horse Greenford Update 13:06 - Jan 12 with 2292 viewsSonofNorfolt

The light at the end of the tunnel may not be an oncoming train after all.
After speaking to the local MP yesterday, who in turn had spoken to Fullers, the pub has not yet been sold and is going on the market as a boozer.
Any would be investors please get in touch, who knows, along with myself, could be standing behind the bar of London's premier QPR themed pub in six months.
Black Horse Greenford Update on 15:37 - Jan 12 with 2124 viewsplasmahoop

Got to be another book in the future in this!
Black Horse Greenford Update on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 2031 viewscolinallcars

Let's hope it can he saved. Bloody Fuller's. I admit I've just had a free January pint as a “Friend of Fuller's”, but small recompense for the £560,000 I've spent with them since the 60s.
Black Horse Greenford Update on 17:14 - Jan 12 with 1998 viewsLblock

Not wishing to piss in your pint, and I really hope this and any pub closure (unless flat roofed) can be stopped but........

Breweries have a history on this.
They will set the price too high.
It will rot.
Long game is it gets demo'd due to blot on the landscape type stuff and shoebox flats are built.

Businesses usually try to kill the competition.
Why would Fullers, or any other Brewery, allow a pub to be sold for a reasonable price to anyone who was going to continue to run it as a pub and possibly deprive them of customers in their other pubs?
The alternative is it's rented to someone who has to pay a monthly kickback. They will set the barrel price massively high, make it impossible to run at a decent wage and it'll fold again.

The loss of pubs is absolutely tragic and the reasons are sad -- changing demographic, changing culture and changing in population profile in areas plus the stupidly high charges imposed on Landlords.

Good luck to the Black Horse and all who sail in her........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Black Horse Greenford Update on 17:35 - Jan 12 with 1938 viewsKeithW

Black Horse Greenford Update on 17:14 - Jan 12 by Lblock

Not wishing to piss in your pint, and I really hope this and any pub closure (unless flat roofed) can be stopped but........

It will rot.
Long game is it gets demo'd due to blot on the landscape type stuff and shoebox flats are built.

Why would Fullers, or any other Brewery, allow a pub to be sold for a reasonable price to anyone who was going to continue to run it as a pub and possibly deprive them of customers in their other pubs?
The alternative is it's rented to someone who has to pay a monthly kickback. They will set the barrel price massively high, make it impossible to run at a decent wage and it'll fold again.

The loss of pubs is absolutely tragic and the reasons are sad -- changing demographic, changing culture and changing in population profile in areas plus the stupidly high charges imposed on Landlords.

"Why would Fullers, or any other Brewery, allow a pub to be sold for a reasonable price to anyone who was going to continue to run it as a pub and possibly deprive them of customers in their other pubs?"

An odd one this: I believe they are no longer a brewery- they sold that to Asahi. The only thing left owned by Fulllers ARE the pubs. Presumably we'll see a lot of them sold.
Black Horse Greenford Update on 17:51 - Jan 12 with 1890 viewsplasmahoop

Black Horse Greenford Update on 17:14 - Jan 12 by Lblock

It will rot.

You might be right, but sometimes they just want to dispose of it, and don't really care what happens to it. Some pubs have been saved, and it definitely won't be if nobody tries. Let's hope they can
Black Horse Greenford Update on 18:12 - Jan 12 with 1826 viewsdistortR

The biggest brewery over here are Heron and Brearley. When they close a pub and put it up for sale, which they do quite regularly, they put on a covenant stating that the building can't be used as a pub anymore, because, basically, they are cvnts. The feeling is, if someone took it to court they would win, but no one will as they are a favoured company of the government and they would tie you up in court for years.
I won't drink in their pubs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024