Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR: Financial (possibly legal?) advice needed 10:12 - Mar 20 with 1142 views1MoreBrightonR

I recently left my job and have share options in the company. They have emailed me about getting my vested options converted to equity and asked me to sign a Notice of Exercise form.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm wary of signing the document without a full understanding of the terms within it for obvious reasons. Would ideally like someone to review it but don't have a financial advisor etc.

[Post edited 20 Mar 2023 10:12]
Non QPR: Financial (possibly legal?) advice needed on 16:42 - Mar 20 with 1001 viewsJamesB1979

The terms should be in your option agreement. If you exercise them, you’ll likely have to pay an amount for them. The benefit being that when you sell, that cash paid now is the cost and proceeds above that is capital gains. If you don’t exercise them now then when you end up selling it’s all treated as income. As you’re no longer employed you may have to exercise but again you’d need to check the original option agreement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024