Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How excited are you? 13:49 - Aug 2 with 2533 viewsshandyjack

On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you about this new season.

Personally i can't wait for Saturday, although out of the country for 4 months of the start.
The squad seems to me to be the strongest in depth minus LB that we've had for a while, our starting 11 currently is very good and we have a pragmatic manager who will play football but not at the detriment of results.

I know we will end up losing Piroe but hopefully he can start off well and ensure we start off well and then when he goes we will hopefully have a replacement lined up for him.

Swans 3 - 1 Birmingham

Poll: Expectation for the season

How excited are you? on 14:02 - Aug 2 with 2494 viewsTreforys_Jack

Jury is out, so sitting on the fence. 5 out of 10
How excited are you? on 14:13 - Aug 2 with 2466 viewsWhiterockin

Pre Oxford 8, post Oxford 5 as of today 7.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

How excited are you? on 14:18 - Aug 2 with 2448 viewsangryjack

2 never get excited since yanks Bern ya
How excited are you? on 14:18 - Aug 2 with 2448 viewsFlashberryjack

I was feeling depressed after our friendly games, but with a good performance and result against Reading, plus the addition of a few positive signings, and latest news that a loan deal for Harrison Ashby is done, I'm feeling much more excited for the coming season.

Excited level 7 to 8.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How excited are you? on 14:26 - Aug 2 with 2436 viewsRichardO

Given 1 is not excited and 10 is extremely excited then going for a 8 out of 10, but by the end of next week that might all changed.
Want to see how we defend against teams who have fast quality forwards, how our set piece defence is set up and how we adapt to each team during the home and away games.
Hard to judge just excited to be going down the stadium again after a frustrating five years in the Championship with the team with either with poor defensive set piece setups, too defensive with no way to relieve pressure, or too defensively frail at the hint of opposition sustained pressure, all usually resulting in letting points slip away in the latter stages of games.
If we are beaten by better teams so be it but to throw points away from comfortable positions has been unforgivable.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 14:31]
How excited are you? on 15:36 - Aug 2 with 2359 viewsblaenaugwentjack

How excited are you? on 14:26 - Aug 2 by RichardO

Given 1 is not excited and 10 is extremely excited then going for a 8 out of 10, but by the end of next week that might all changed.
Want to see how we defend against teams who have fast quality forwards, how our set piece defence is set up and how we adapt to each team during the home and away games.
Hard to judge just excited to be going down the stadium again after a frustrating five years in the Championship with the team with either with poor defensive set piece setups, too defensive with no way to relieve pressure, or too defensively frail at the hint of opposition sustained pressure, all usually resulting in letting points slip away in the latter stages of games.
If we are beaten by better teams so be it but to throw points away from comfortable positions has been unforgivable.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 14:31]

How excited are you? on 16:29 - Aug 2 with 2304 viewsEagleEye

How excited are you? on 15:36 - Aug 2 by blaenaugwentjack

If we keep the squad that we have now including Piroe & Ntcham it’s an 8 for me. If they are gone by end of the window then it’s a 2-3
How excited are you? on 16:57 - Aug 2 with 2282 viewsraynor94

Pathetic! As Keith pointed out earlier, we do have more than our fair share of whingers and whiners.

With the new additions and Watson and Duff.

Im a 9

This post has been edited by an administrator

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

How excited are you? on 17:40 - Aug 2 with 2210 viewsonehunglow

How excited are you? on 16:57 - Aug 2 by raynor94

Pathetic! As Keith pointed out earlier, we do have more than our fair share of whingers and whiners.

Im a 9

Kieth!

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

How excited are you? on 17:41 - Aug 2 with 2214 viewsswan_si

Im a 9

Almost a Bo Derek.
I'm also a 9, but I'm like that at the start of every season.
How excited are you? on 18:41 - Aug 2 with 2151 viewsshingle

4 for success expectation 7 for the games.
How excited are you? on 22:28 - Aug 2 with 2063 viewsjackrmee

How excited are you? on 14:13 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

Pre Oxford 8, post Oxford 5 as of today 7.

I’m pretty much this.
It may go up to 8 if we can keep Piroe and Ntcham and possibly 9 if we can sign a positive LWB, not Pederson.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

How excited are you? on 22:34 - Aug 2 with 2047 viewsModeratorD

Im a 9

There fixed it for you.
Don't think anyone noticed 🤣
How excited are you? on 22:37 - Aug 2 with 2039 viewsraynor94

How excited are you? on 22:34 - Aug 2 by ModeratorD

There fixed it for you.
Don't think anyone noticed 🤣

😉👍Don't post when your back is up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How excited are you? on 07:36 - Aug 3 with 1954 viewsguthrieintherain

I don't believe it.
9 for me but I am excited every season.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

How excited are you? on 08:05 - Aug 3 with 1923 viewsshandyjack

okay, i'll bite. Why the doom and gloom? What makes you so negative on what is to come

Poll: Expectation for the season

How excited are you? on 09:08 - Aug 3 with 1886 viewsSullutaCreturned

I'm a solid 5, when the window shuts that may go up but if we do sell Piroe and maybe Ntcham it very much depends on who we bring in instead.

I normally feel a bit apprehensive and only get excited on the first matchday..

My son, through the exuberance of a 14 year old, is a definite 10. its because of his nagging that we are going to WBA and probably Preston.
How excited are you? on 09:12 - Aug 3 with 1878 viewsWhiterockin

How excited are you? on 09:08 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

I'm a solid 5, when the window shuts that may go up but if we do sell Piroe and maybe Ntcham it very much depends on who we bring in instead.

I normally feel a bit apprehensive and only get excited on the first matchday..

My son, through the exuberance of a 14 year old, is a definite 10. its because of his nagging that we are going to WBA and probably Preston.

I know you were wavering, but are you glad you renewed.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

How excited are you? on 09:18 - Aug 3 with 1862 viewsSullutaCreturned

How excited are you? on 09:12 - Aug 3 by Whiterockin

I know you were wavering, but are you glad you renewed.

TBH right now, I can't answer yes to that because I have so much other stuff on my mind.

Football may well prove to be a welcome distraction though and it's still father son time.
How excited are you? on 13:17 - Aug 3 with 1809 viewsDoubeDoube

always excited pre season.....
How excited are you? on 13:47 - Aug 3 with 1792 viewsonehunglow

How excited are you? on 09:18 - Aug 3 by SullutaCreturned

TBH right now, I can't answer yes to that because I have so much other stuff on my mind.

Football may well prove to be a welcome distraction though and it's still father son time.

It will.

How excited are you? on 13:59 - Aug 3 with 1780 viewsBoundy

We all need at times a distraction from the realities of life , mine is watching my grandkids or the Swans play .
On a scale 1-10 I'm around 7 , excited to see how the new lads fit in and how Duff wants them to play , I'm 66 now and tbh I'm always mildly excited before the season kicks off . I believe we'll do well and may well surprise a lot including our own supporters

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

How excited are you? on 15:24 - Aug 3 with 1727 viewsonehunglow

That said,it’s like a doctor asking you to describe the pain .
Let’s be honest, what’s better than bitching after a game with your chums

How excited are you? on 15:19 - Aug 4 with 1606 viewsTimBowen

I've supported the Swans since 1962, aged only 5. And it's fair to say I've nearly always been optimistic at the start of each season. That 'start of the season' enthusiasm has waned in recent seasons I'll be honest, but this time, I'm beginning to have a revival with old positivity again!

And it's a good feeling! Just like missing...and then seeing, an old friend again after years apart.

I'm conscious the new management may take a little time to get their ideas to take shape in the early months. So (September 16th apart) it could be a quite slow start?

But I'm confident from November onwards, we will pick up momentum and we'll end up being there or 'there abouts' a Play-Off spot come next May.

Excitement level? 7.78, but expected to rise..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024