Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 02:07 - Jan 22 with 859 viewsRobbie

Just caught up with the latest News coverage on BBC Sport online .

One of their biggest go to headline is Womens Boxing , make it sound as good as you can .

An appalling report , who watches Women fighting , athletes yes , a sport not for me .
No subject on 09:32 - Jan 22 with 788 viewsjackrmee

Women’s UFC is very good, usually

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No subject on 10:17 - Jan 22 with 767 viewsonehunglow

amen.
Saw the brief repor5 on Jonas fight and what sort of man enjoys women at the end of the fight ,blood strewn and cut to pieces .
It is grotesque
Year ago ,I remember one poster championing the right of females to knock the crap out of each other in front of an audience of baying men .
I got stick for that as it was seen as sexist

I stand by every word

I have no time for any man paying to see females smash the fe k out of each other.it

It is basic reaction to recoil from this . IMO.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No subject on 18:11 - Jan 22 with 688 viewsKilkennyjack

No subject on 10:17 - Jan 22 by onehunglow

amen.
Saw the brief repor5 on Jonas fight and what sort of man enjoys women at the end of the fight ,blood strewn and cut to pieces .
It is grotesque
Year ago ,I remember one poster championing the right of females to knock the crap out of each other in front of an audience of baying men .

I stand by every word

I have no time for any man paying to see females smash the fe k out of each other.it

Of course you dont have to watch.

But women are as entitled as men to participate in any sport they want.
You dont get a say.

I am sure there are women who do not like men boxing and so your views might not be as strange as they might first appear.

Most people simply enjoy the sport as sport.

Beware of the Risen People

No subject on 19:48 - Jan 22 with 662 viewsmax936

Not for me either, this fight last weekend was brutal by sounds of it, I heard bits about it on talksport this morning, I'd defend their right to do it, but don't ask or expect me to watch it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

No subject on 09:00 - Jan 23 with 587 viewsjack247

I’m not a massive boxing fan, but I’ll watch the big fights and don’t see any issue with women being allowed to do it. I dare say I’d be a lot more invested if Wales had a Katie Taylor.

From the little I know about it, more fights seem to go the distance (as I think they do in the mens lighter weight classes) because they are smaller, lighter and don’t hit as hard as men twice their size. Are the fights really brutal in comparison? Honestly don’t know
No subject on 09:19 - Jan 23 with 569 viewsjackrmee

No subject on 10:17 - Jan 22 by onehunglow

amen.
It is grotesque

I stand by every word

The opposite mate.
I don’t like to see any fighter in heck of a mess, man or woman, but there is something attractive about a woman that could fill me in. Especially when she’s rolling around an octagon with a pair of hotpants on, looking great 👍

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

No subject on 09:39 - Jan 23 with 557 viewsonehunglow

No subject on 09:19 - Jan 23 by jackrmee

The opposite mate.
I don’t like to see any fighter in heck of a mess, man or woman, but there is something attractive about a woman that could fill me in. Especially when she’s rolling around an octagon with a pair of hotpants on, looking great 👍

Morning.
Good to disagree.
I think you’re getting me now,after so many years .
I used to be a big boxing fan but rather the traditional one .
Fight that turned he was Hagler v Minter as the crowd were disgusting and Marvin looked liked he’d set about Minter with a chain saw. Not really a good watch
If I’m honest,women wrestlers used to stir my younger loins . I remember being taken to see Mitzi Mueller at the Patti.
I felt dirty,abused and damp .
[Post edited 23 Jan 9:41]

No subject on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 526 viewsKeithHaynes

No subject on 09:39 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Morning.
Good to disagree.
I think you’re getting me now,after so many years .
I used to be a big boxing fan but rather the traditional one .
Fight that turned he was Hagler v Minter as the crowd were disgusting and Marvin looked liked he’d set about Minter with a chain saw. Not really a good watch
If I’m honest,women wrestlers used to stir my younger loins . I remember being taken to see Mitzi Mueller at the Patti.
I felt dirty,abused and damp .
[Post edited 23 Jan 9:41]

Hagger was well known for shaving his head three days or so before a fight and letting it grow back so he could rub his head in to the opponents body. Minter was astounded by Hagger’s aggression.

You can see that tactic here. Minter was a wonderful boxer, Hagler though was a beast.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 482 viewsonehunglow

No subject on 10:32 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

Hagger was well known for shaving his head three days or so before a fight and letting it grow back so he could rub his head in to the opponents body. Minter was astounded by Hagger’s aggression.

You can see that tactic here. Minter was a wonderful boxer, Hagler though was a beast.

Marvellous Marvin.
His first fight with Hearns is attached
Both trying to kill each other really straight from the bell.
Brutal or what

https://www.google.com/search?q=hagler+hearns+firstvround&ie=UTF-8&oe=UT
[Post edited 23 Jan 12:19]

No subject on 18:41 - Jan 23 with 400 viewsmax936

No subject on 09:00 - Jan 23 by jack247

I’m not a massive boxing fan, but I’ll watch the big fights and don’t see any issue with women being allowed to do it. I dare say I’d be a lot more invested if Wales had a Katie Taylor.

From the little I know about it, more fights seem to go the distance (as I think they do in the mens lighter weight classes) because they are smaller, lighter and don’t hit as hard as men twice their size. Are the fights really brutal in comparison? Honestly don’t know

Most women's boxing bouts are based on 2 minute rounds, Spence Oliver reckons that's one of the reasons, although Saturdays bout had its moments from what he was saying, sounded like it was a brutal encounter, not for me I'm sorry, if that's what the want to do why shouldn't they which I agree with. Buts its not something I'll watch.

No subject on 18:43 - Jan 23 with 395 viewsmax936

No subject on 12:18 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Marvellous Marvin.
His first fight with Hearns is attached
Both trying to kill each other really straight from the bell.
Brutal or what

https://www.google.com/search?q=hagler+hearns+firstvround&ie=UTF-8&oe=UT
[Post edited 23 Jan 12:19]

Hagler v Hearns is up there with my favourite bouts of all time. brutally excellent.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024