Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
KEEPING UP WITH OTHER SCORES — RADIO RENTAL OR RADIO GAGA 13:34 - May 14 with 1425 viewsArgyBargy1982

Yesterday was a day for my tranny, and very popular it was too.
Let me rephrase that. The lack of reliable 3G coverage meant the only certain way of keeping in touch with the other scores was by radio.
And if you had that information then you were #1 source to those around you. I didn’t turn the radio on until a noise started from the far side of the away end after about 12 minutes and I was able to confirm Stoke going 1-0 up. I also got the Bolton second just before half time and was able to confirm a couple of minutes later that the QPR fans were cheering again for nothing and Stoke hadn’t equalized.
The radio was on Talksport for the start of the second half until we got our second. The after about 77 minutes there was another rumble amongst the Rangers fans. Stoke must have equalized. Not yet. The tranny was tuned and it turned out they had got a penalty. There was a two minute delay in taking it which I was able to commentate on to those around me. I signalled the ball going in with a nice restrained thumbs up. And to prove the power of the radio over the phone, a chap in front jumped up 5 minutes later to inform us of the equalizer. A Radio Spackman!
The next few minutes focussed on demands that I delivered a third Stoke goal. Sorry lads that I couldn’t do it.
The radio didn’t go off after this. There was so much noise after the City equalizer that I missed Talksport confirming Stoke Bolton had finished. That meant we weren’t sure whether the City winner meant anything. City, not surprisingly, didn’t bother to tell us. But plenty of people around us seemed sure we were OK. So perhaps the phone won it in the end.
KEEPING UP WITH OTHER SCORES — RADIO RENTAL OR RADIO GAGA on 13:49 - May 14 with 1385 viewss1cRanger

I guess you let this lot know.

Really weird video as they celebrate QPR staying up and then celebrate Citys winner against us. Guess they just wanted a big party by then.

KEEPING UP WITH OTHER SCORES — RADIO RENTAL OR RADIO GAGA on 14:03 - May 14 with 1363 viewseastside_r

What with wizzy mobile apps, the radio seems to be on its last days at the game. However, I never go anywhere without mine.

So it was the BBC Manchester Digital's coverage of Stoke vs Bolton for me throughout yesterday's game except when it got too loud to hear it. So I became somewhat of an oracle for those around me.

For the record it wasn't me who called 2-2 just before half-time and where the talk of a missed pen came from is anybody's guess.
KEEPING UP WITH OTHER SCORES — RADIO RENTAL OR RADIO GAGA on 22:09 - May 14 with 1299 viewsFDC

I was on the wireless throughout the game too, listening to commentary from Stoke v Bolton. I had the same scene for Stoke's penalty, felt the pressure I can tell you!

Weirdly, the commentary at Stoke said "and it's 2-2 at the Etihad" - but it was still 2-1! Had me wondering whether some how the live action was behind?!
KEEPING UP WITH OTHER SCORES — RADIO RENTAL OR RADIO GAGA on 22:12 - May 14 with 1290 viewsHollowayRanger

KEEPING UP WITH OTHER SCORES — RADIO RENTAL OR RADIO GAGA on 14:03 - May 14 by eastside_r

What with wizzy mobile apps, the radio seems to be on its last days at the game. However, I never go anywhere without mine.

So it was the BBC Manchester Digital's coverage of Stoke vs Bolton for me throughout yesterday's game except when it got too loud to hear it. So I became somewhat of an oracle for those around me.

For the record it wasn't me who called 2-2 just before half-time and where the talk of a missed pen came from is anybody's guess.

we were still talking about the miss pen thinking it were real after the match!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024