Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Townsend 08:27 - Apr 8 with 1144 viewskingsburyR

Thought he was exellent yesterday.

Nice and direct, just what we need in the Championship.

Will we see him next season or is he another Walker?

N.B: I have never ever heard the crowd so quiet leaving the ground ytesterday. I think it was shock but sounded like a funeral procession. Weird sensation!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Townsend on 08:53 - Apr 8 with 1127 viewsVish

Doubt we will see him in the Championship. I would think Tottenham will send him out on loan to a Prem League club (norwich/Swans/Cardiff (apologies for swearing) for experience, and there will be plenty of takers.
Townsend on 09:02 - Apr 8 with 1114 viewsMonahoop

Superb player and put in a terrific effort yesterday.

Agree with Kingsbury. I feel he is another Walker [similar type of player], the type of player we could have done with permanently over the last two seasons. When we do drop he won't be around next season. A real shame.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Townsend on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 1101 viewsNeil_SI

It's been a good loan move for him and he's done well. On this evidence, while I still think he's got some way to go, he's progressed while he's been here and that's what everybody wanted.

I don't think a few games here or there for Tottenham would do him any good, so either he needs to play more there, or find another Premier League club that suits his style of play and stay there for the entire campaign.

That next step is what will make or break him as a player, so he needs to make sure he gets it absolutely right.
Townsend on 09:22 - Apr 8 with 1096 viewsnadera78

He's got everything you want in a winger: quick feet, a couple of tricks, a lovely cross, enough pace to get past most defenders and a good shot.

However, he's completely wasted on the right hand side. I know it's fashionable, and has been for some time now, for players to play on the opposite side so they can cut in and have a shot at goal but I don't think it works for him. He's an old fashioned winger, he should be beating his man and putting the ball into the box. What we consistently see is him beating a couple of players and then being forced to either cut inside when he's actually well positioned for a right footed cross, or attempt a right footed cross that only reaches the near post or drifts out for a goal kick. It's a criminal waste of his talent but also the positions he gets into.

The odd goal when he does cut in onto his left foot does not compensate for the many wasted opportunities when he can't get his cross in. And that's not a criticism of him, it's the way he (and many other wingers) is being used.
Townsend on 09:23 - Apr 8 with 1089 viewsBasingstokeR

Didn't rate him from the various Championship loans and games against us I'd seen him before. He sure has seized his game time with us akin to Walker. Spurs probably loan us some more players next year.
Townsend on 09:23 - Apr 8 with 1087 viewsJonDoeman

Townsend on 08:53 - Apr 8 by Vish

Doubt we will see him in the Championship. I would think Tottenham will send him out on loan to a Prem League club (norwich/Swans/Cardiff (apologies for swearing) for experience, and there will be plenty of takers.

I reckon they'll be thinking about putting him in their team next season, not much between him & Lennon IMO.

It Is What It Is !!

Townsend on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 1065 viewsTheBlob

Townsend on 09:23 - Apr 8 by JonDoeman

I reckon they'll be thinking about putting him in their team next season, not much between him & Lennon IMO.

Would much rather have him than Lennon.Like Walker,he's got the ammo to break into the England senior side.
If it's to be relegation then thanks Andros for the memories.At least you tried.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Townsend on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 998 viewsA40Bosh

Townsend on 09:31 - Apr 8 by TheBlob

Would much rather have him than Lennon.Like Walker,he's got the ammo to break into the England senior side.
If it's to be relegation then thanks Andros for the memories.At least you tried.

+1

Enjoy him for the next few week as that is the last we will see of him in a QPR shirt.
Like Walker, shines in our team, gets a good spell in the shop window and then fits into AVB's plans for the 25 man squad next season.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Login to get fewer ads

Townsend on 12:41 - Apr 8 with 964 viewsDANRANGER

Townsend on 12:28 - Apr 8 by A40Bosh

+1

Enjoy him for the next few week as that is the last we will see of him in a QPR shirt.
Like Walker, shines in our team, gets a good spell in the shop window and then fits into AVB's plans for the 25 man squad next season.

I'd love him to sign up for us permanently and have a crack at promotion but I'd expect him to break through at Spurs next year as they have no cover for Lennon/Bale and Bale playing more centrally gives him a chance. However if they make the top 4 it may work against him if funds are released by Levy. I'd expect the likes of Wet Spam to be interested if he is available.

Will be interesting to see the type of player we can attract in the Championship and who remains of the current side as motivation is a huge part of getting promotion and this lot only seem to have found some when it's too late.
Townsend on 12:45 - Apr 8 with 954 viewsWeaverQPR

The fact spurs have loaned him out 9 times suggests to me they don't rate him.

@WeavQPR

Townsend on 12:52 - Apr 8 with 940 viewsQPunkR

Yeah he's been a breath of fresh air. Agree with others that Spurs'll look to loan him to a Premiership club, and they won't be short of takers.

QPR - "shit but local"

Townsend on 17:30 - Apr 8 with 886 viewsMattnme

Townsend on 12:45 - Apr 8 by WeaverQPR

The fact spurs have loaned him out 9 times suggests to me they don't rate him.

And interestingly i'm led to believe nor do alot of spurs fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024