Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Book worth reading 14:45 - May 14 with 1203 viewsLangside

I am getting rather fed up with Harry Redknapp slagging off the QPR players. I have just finished reading the book "Harry's Games" by John Crace -- about Harry Redknapp -- and the quotes on Page 165 re Southampton players all seem rather familiar. "Would be a terrific achievement to stay up...toughest job I've taken on....have to beg, steal and borrow a few players because this group could not even get us out of the Championship...this club has accumulated a lot of players but we are short of quality". I wasn't overwhelmed when he came to QPR but his lack of success since then and his continued criticism of the players (nothing to do with me, guv) have made me even less enthusiastic about him. Wasn't it his job to motivate the players he had and sort out the problems? I've been a supporter since 1974 but cannot honestly say I am particularly looking forward to next season under his "leadership" -- more players in and out, just as he has done at West Ham, Southampton, Portsmouth, with no great attempt to think long-term and develop youth players and bring them through.
Book worth reading on 14:51 - May 14 with 1178 viewsQPunkR

Yep.
1st point - Cheese???

2nd point - that was my exact fear with Arry for the Rs job. He likes to buy his way out of trouble. He's not a tactician or a coach

QPR - "shit but local"

Book worth reading on 14:56 - May 14 with 1164 viewsEastR

He's the guest on the podcast this week, and expands a bit on the subject matter there - an interesting listen

I'll let Clive (less than happy with the implications of some of the analysis!) post his usual link to it so as not to get lost in this thread

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Book worth reading on 15:00 - May 14 with 1151 viewsLangside

Book worth reading on 14:51 - May 14 by QPunkR

Yep.
1st point - Cheese???

2nd point - that was my exact fear with Arry for the Rs job. He likes to buy his way out of trouble. He's not a tactician or a coach

Very boring...Cheddar.
Book worth reading on 15:26 - May 14 with 1105 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Just have to buckle up and enjoy the ride. Same shît, different year.

Welcome by the way.
Book worth reading on 15:34 - May 14 with 1077 viewsLangside

Some more thoughts on that book....

It highlights how Redknapp has operated the same way over the years. The more I read it, the more my heart sank at the thought of him still being there next season. If nothing else, it should be required reading for every member of the board to let them know what they've let themselves (and the club) in for.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Book worth reading on 17:40 - May 14 with 972 viewsTHEBUSH

Book worth reading on 15:34 - May 14 by Langside

Some more thoughts on that book....

It highlights how Redknapp has operated the same way over the years. The more I read it, the more my heart sank at the thought of him still being there next season. If nothing else, it should be required reading for every member of the board to let them know what they've let themselves (and the club) in for.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Does the book say anything about HR team talks before games ?
Book worth reading on 11:33 - May 15 with 798 viewsLangside

Book worth reading on 17:40 - May 14 by THEBUSH

Does the book say anything about HR team talks before games ?

Very little, apart from one reference to telling a player to effectively "go out and run around a bit" (would have to plough through the book again to get the precise quote).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024