Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage 15:23 - Mar 27 with 4417 viewsGaryBannister86

How splendid - in their new stand.

https://www.standard.co.uk/homesandproperty/luxury/fulham-fc-riverside-stand-sky

We, of course, experienced this first with the rivers of pee in the away end at Ashton Gate.

Not sure it will be worth the undoubtedly extreme prices in sub zero temperatures?
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:38 - Mar 27 with 2326 viewsBluce_Ree

WTF is this shit and why are Fulham doing this to football?

Why isn't football enough anymore? Why can't it just be a pitch, four stands, some bits that sell pies and f**king Maltesers and some bogs?

A f**king swimming pool? What the f**k has that got to do with football? What is a swimming pool good for apart from giving Michael Barrymore a handy place to leave a sexually injured corpse?

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:46 - Mar 27 with 2258 viewshubble

"a premium experience that will be unlike anything in football” said Fulham FC chairman Shahid Khan."

Do they actually expect people to come to watch a football match and go for a swim at half time? I guess they do.

Reality, as we knew it, is unravelling.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:47 - Mar 27 with 2252 viewsFredManRave

One thing's for sure, they'll all be wearing their burgundy speedos.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:48 - Mar 27 with 2249 viewsNorthernr

Very good piece by QPR's own Thom Gibbs in the Telegraph today about how sick this all is basically. An entire stand only the rich can afford, £100 a ticket basic.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:52 - Mar 27 with 2220 viewsted_hendrix

" “premium experience that will be unlike anything in football” said Fulham FC chairman Shahid Khan.""

Alternatively they could try the away end at Swindon, that's actually unlike anything in the world of unlike anythingness.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:54 - Mar 27 with 2196 viewsGaryBannister86

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:48 - Mar 27 by Northernr

Very good piece by QPR's own Thom Gibbs in the Telegraph today about how sick this all is basically. An entire stand only the rich can afford, £100 a ticket basic.

The clubs are chipping away in getting rid of the undesirable normal football fans aren't they?

Their vision of supporters sitting in armchairs and restaurants paying 4 figures for an experience, live streaming VAR.....they can't wait. Read that bit about "sitting behind the bench" and some tech nonsense.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:00 - Mar 27 with 2162 viewsted_hendrix

""For those that want a view of the pitch as well as the river, The Brasserie will be dual sided.""

I'm just happy with the view from the lower loft.

The World gets dafter every bloody day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:08 - Mar 27 with 2109 viewsGaryBannister86

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:00 - Mar 27 by ted_hendrix

""For those that want a view of the pitch as well as the river, The Brasserie will be dual sided.""

I'm just happy with the view from the lower loft.

The World gets dafter every bloody day.

Ha, I noted that. "For those that want a view of the pitch". I mean, why would you want to watch the football, eh?

Actually, under Ainsworth this might have been a big seller.
Login to get fewer ads

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:10 - Mar 27 with 2092 viewsWatford_Ranger

That cricket ground with the paddling pool looks a right laugh to be fair.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:12 - Mar 27 with 2047 viewsSheffieldHoop

QPR did something similar 10+ years ago, it was called the C Club, season ticket holders moved out of seats etc. Those season ticket holders directly affected were the only people who seemed to care at the time. I know at least 1 who has still never returned as an ST holder.

2 ways of looking at it. Either it's football actively trying to squeeze out the legacy fan types and replace us with high-spending tourist types.......OR it's just a bit of culture war bollox, nothing to worry about, just shut up and accept it. How does this swimming pool in Fulham affect me personally? It doesn't, so must just be more culture war bollox.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:14 - Mar 27 with 2062 viewsNorthernr

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:54 - Mar 27 by GaryBannister86

The clubs are chipping away in getting rid of the undesirable normal football fans aren't they?

Their vision of supporters sitting in armchairs and restaurants paying 4 figures for an experience, live streaming VAR.....they can't wait. Read that bit about "sitting behind the bench" and some tech nonsense.

The new stand at Fulham sounds very much like the blueprint Briatore had for us initially - the boutique football club, chefs from Ciprianis, luxury boxes, fans kicked out of their seats to make way for ever more expensive padded seats etc and 'C Club' etc. Among many problems, of course, Tamara Beckwith and her chums don't want to watch QPR v Doncaster Rovers.

I think you're seeing with what's happening at Spurs and Man City, with the stadiums they've built/are building there, and their current pricing strategy where clubs like that see themselves. Premier League is global product, clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are huge brands, and it's almost like Disneyland. The money now is not in giving up seats in your mega stadium to some 66 year old who's been following the team for 50 years and giving him a discount just cos he's getting on in years. The money is in the family, or large group, coming in from South Korea, or the US, for one game a season - most expensive ticket, big spend in the club shop, money no object because it's a holiday etc. I enjoyed the debate at Spurs last week about 'the plastics' and ticket prices going up - guys, you've missed the memo, the plastics are the ones pumping up to a grand into the club on one visit, that's who they want, not you and your discounted pensioner's season ticket who doesn't buy anything in the ground because obviously £120 for a replica shirt and £12 for a pint in a plastic cup is a fcking liberty.

They don't ideally, even want to play their games in this country any more. Given even half a sniff of a chance there would already be Premier League games taking place in Dubai, the far East and all over America. I afforded myself a wry smile watching Man Utd Liverpool in the cup last week, as we move into week 3,862 of Jurgen Klopp moaning on and on and on about the terrible burden the pesky English insisting on having two cup competitions and a 20-team top flight places on his billion pound squad of 60 players, around the LED digital advertising hoardings scrolled details of Man Utd's summer tour of America which includes a vital game against... Liverpool, in South Carolina, 7 days before their first league game.

What I do wonder about is clubs like Fulham setting themselves up like this. Sure, fine now, because you're playing Man Utd, Liverpool etc so you'll draw that crowd. But Fulham have recently and could really easily again end up in our division, or even the one below. And as we saw with the "where is Ji Sung?" crowd we drew to Loftus Road for a season, they drop you in an instant as soon as your league games are against Rotherham.

You're then back to relying on the idiot scum like us to prop you up, with all your precious tourists going elsewhere and the TV money evaporating, and they might not be quite as willing to do so as they once were if you've spent the previous 10 years treating them like sht and making it very clear you see them as a pesky obstruction. If they get relegated once, or heaven forbid even twice, would "the Brasserie" then be thrown open to the everydays for the big visit of Wigan? And if it goes well and they go back up do they then get turfed back out and the tasting menu comes back for Arsenal's visit?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:18 - Mar 27 with 2026 viewsBoston

Excellent, open air swimming during a winter sport. I presume there's a sauna to run into after a dip?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:19 - Mar 27 with 2018 viewsGaryBannister86

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:14 - Mar 27 by Northernr

The new stand at Fulham sounds very much like the blueprint Briatore had for us initially - the boutique football club, chefs from Ciprianis, luxury boxes, fans kicked out of their seats to make way for ever more expensive padded seats etc and 'C Club' etc. Among many problems, of course, Tamara Beckwith and her chums don't want to watch QPR v Doncaster Rovers.

I think you're seeing with what's happening at Spurs and Man City, with the stadiums they've built/are building there, and their current pricing strategy where clubs like that see themselves. Premier League is global product, clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are huge brands, and it's almost like Disneyland. The money now is not in giving up seats in your mega stadium to some 66 year old who's been following the team for 50 years and giving him a discount just cos he's getting on in years. The money is in the family, or large group, coming in from South Korea, or the US, for one game a season - most expensive ticket, big spend in the club shop, money no object because it's a holiday etc. I enjoyed the debate at Spurs last week about 'the plastics' and ticket prices going up - guys, you've missed the memo, the plastics are the ones pumping up to a grand into the club on one visit, that's who they want, not you and your discounted pensioner's season ticket who doesn't buy anything in the ground because obviously £120 for a replica shirt and £12 for a pint in a plastic cup is a fcking liberty.

They don't ideally, even want to play their games in this country any more. Given even half a sniff of a chance there would already be Premier League games taking place in Dubai, the far East and all over America. I afforded myself a wry smile watching Man Utd Liverpool in the cup last week, as we move into week 3,862 of Jurgen Klopp moaning on and on and on about the terrible burden the pesky English insisting on having two cup competitions and a 20-team top flight places on his billion pound squad of 60 players, around the LED digital advertising hoardings scrolled details of Man Utd's summer tour of America which includes a vital game against... Liverpool, in South Carolina, 7 days before their first league game.

What I do wonder about is clubs like Fulham setting themselves up like this. Sure, fine now, because you're playing Man Utd, Liverpool etc so you'll draw that crowd. But Fulham have recently and could really easily again end up in our division, or even the one below. And as we saw with the "where is Ji Sung?" crowd we drew to Loftus Road for a season, they drop you in an instant as soon as your league games are against Rotherham.

You're then back to relying on the idiot scum like us to prop you up, with all your precious tourists going elsewhere and the TV money evaporating, and they might not be quite as willing to do so as they once were if you've spent the previous 10 years treating them like sht and making it very clear you see them as a pesky obstruction. If they get relegated once, or heaven forbid even twice, would "the Brasserie" then be thrown open to the everydays for the big visit of Wigan? And if it goes well and they go back up do they then get turfed back out and the tasting menu comes back for Arsenal's visit?

I couldn't agree more. It's quite funny when the big clubs do it because I don't care about them or their fans - even their match-going fans are still mostly plastic gloryhunters in my eyes.

But when clubs like Fulham are doing it - well, you said it all.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:20 - Mar 27 with 2011 viewsAntti_Heinola

Surely they've put this press release out 5 days early?

Bare bones.

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:21 - Mar 27 with 2006 viewsLongsufferingR

There is a simple solution to all of this sht, including the England shirt at £125 a pop. Don't fking buy it!!! If people don't pay £1000 to have a swimming pool while they watch a game then they will have to ditch it. If people don't pay £125 for an England shirt, they will have to drop the price. If people don't pay £150 to watch a fking Fulham match, they will have to have a rethink. The power is in your hands people! Unfortunately there are enough people who think that agreeing to pay £150 to watch Fulham v Burnley is some sort of status symbol.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:23 - Mar 27 with 2000 viewsNorthernr

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:21 - Mar 27 by LongsufferingR

There is a simple solution to all of this sht, including the England shirt at £125 a pop. Don't fking buy it!!! If people don't pay £1000 to have a swimming pool while they watch a game then they will have to ditch it. If people don't pay £125 for an England shirt, they will have to drop the price. If people don't pay £150 to watch a fking Fulham match, they will have to have a rethink. The power is in your hands people! Unfortunately there are enough people who think that agreeing to pay £150 to watch Fulham v Burnley is some sort of status symbol.

But, it's not, because it's never going to be us that do pay it, and it's not meant to be. The market it's aimed at absolutely will, and they know it.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:25 - Mar 27 with 1988 viewsPaddyhoops

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 15:48 - Mar 27 by Northernr

I like Thom . Appears regularly on fighting talk. Funny guy.
Starting a 3 month contract at Selhurst park, underneath one of thier stands .
I can confirm it won’t be a swimming pool.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:25 - Mar 27 with 1983 viewsNorthernr

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:25 - Mar 27 by Paddyhoops

I like Thom . Appears regularly on fighting talk. Funny guy.
Starting a 3 month contract at Selhurst park, underneath one of thier stands .
I can confirm it won’t be a swimming pool.

He's a great guy.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:30 - Mar 27 with 1938 viewsR_from_afar

Presumably, there will be stewards on hand to ensure that the direction of travel is from swimming pool to gin bar, not vice versa

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:35 - Mar 27 with 1888 viewsLongsufferingR

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:23 - Mar 27 by Northernr

But, it's not, because it's never going to be us that do pay it, and it's not meant to be. The market it's aimed at absolutely will, and they know it.

For match tickets yes, but England shirts? What foreigner is going to buy an England shirt? If sales for England shirts plummeted, they would have to rethink the pricing, but I realise that's wishful thinking.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:47 - Mar 27 with 1843 viewshantssi

I saw and commented on that at the time, one game in San Diego, difficult to get farther away and still be in America!
Be complaining about too much football in the first international break then!
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:52 - Mar 27 with 1802 viewsrobith

Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 16:25 - Mar 27 by Northernr

He's a great guy.

Used to run an amazing club night too
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 17:00 - Mar 27 with 1716 viewsVancouverHoop

The end-game for (most) Prem clubs though is never having to play the likes of Rotherham again. They're looking for a closed league with club parity to satisfy the international football tourist who care nothing about club history. They want to see stars more than
teams. A visit to Craven Cottage or Stamford Bridge for a game will be on the same itinerary as taking in a show in the West End.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 17:06 - Mar 27 with 1676 viewsstowmarketrange

We seem to be going the same way as most US sports in trying to play our games all around the globe.
I was going to go to a Miami Dolphins game last season,and I would’ve been like one of those many Korean fans who flock to see premier league games at top dollar because they’re only here just the once in their lives.The NFL teams only get 8 or 9 home games a season to maximise their income,so the ticket prices are high enough without fans selling those expensive seats for a quick profit.
Unfortunately it’s the way that sport is going now.

I draw the line at a swimming pool in a football ground though and I think they should just have steps down to the Thames instead.
Swimming pool at Craven Cottage on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 1642 viewsEastR

yeah, but what we really need to know is - did they have to dig down?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024