Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You could not make it up 00:15 - Dec 18 with 2421 viewsQPR1882

Well you could in a UK court

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/12/16/saudi-millionaire-tripped-pe
You could not make it up on 07:34 - Dec 18 with 2323 viewsPommyhoop

I saw that. How did a Saudi millionaire get away with that defense?

This fella should've made out he tripped over while he was sleepwalking and landed next to what he thought was an ice lolly and started doing what you do to an ice lolly.
Mind you he is not a Saudi millionaire.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3362882/Man-thought-girlfriend-performin

[Post edited 18 Dec 2015 7:37]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

You could not make it up on 07:53 - Dec 18 with 2289 viewsNorthernr

Did a couple of years of court reporting earlier in my career - for a jury to reach a verdict in 30 mins is very unusual. Even in the most absolute cut and dried case they usually go out for longer than that. Me thinks there's more to that story than the copy lets on.
You could not make it up on 08:41 - Dec 18 with 2250 viewsWokingR

Don't be too quick to condemn this poor chap.
I was walking past the shower naked, carrying a hoover hose and 2 hamsters last year when I suffered a similar slip.
It can happen.
You could not make it up on 08:48 - Dec 18 with 2237 viewsMvpeter

This'll encourage victims to come forward. Good work justice system.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

You could not make it up on 12:14 - Dec 18 with 2160 viewsCliff

You could not make it up on 08:48 - Dec 18 by Mvpeter

This'll encourage victims to come forward. Good work justice system.

On the other hand it might deter bogus accusations. Good work justice system.

PS I do some forensic work and present evidence in court, and have been a jury member a couple of times and if a decision was reached in 30 minutes, it; 1. must have been unanimous and 2. a very easy decision
You could not make it up on 12:30 - Dec 18 with 2108 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

You could not make it up on 13:22 - Dec 18 with 2041 viewsMvpeter

You could not make it up on 12:14 - Dec 18 by Cliff

On the other hand it might deter bogus accusations. Good work justice system.

PS I do some forensic work and present evidence in court, and have been a jury member a couple of times and if a decision was reached in 30 minutes, it; 1. must have been unanimous and 2. a very easy decision

True. They are a problem but I don't think many will perceive this as a bogus accusation whether it is or not.

Could you honestly say that having heard this evidence that the decision would be easy? Even if this defence was true I'd be skeptical and take my time before coming to that conclusion. No?

Poll: Who should be our left back?

You could not make it up on 15:30 - Dec 18 with 1957 viewsCliff

You could not make it up on 13:22 - Dec 18 by Mvpeter

True. They are a problem but I don't think many will perceive this as a bogus accusation whether it is or not.

Could you honestly say that having heard this evidence that the decision would be easy? Even if this defence was true I'd be skeptical and take my time before coming to that conclusion. No?

I wasn't in court and so haven't heard the evidence, but the jury were and did and they obviously found the decision easy.
Login to get fewer ads

You could not make it up on 16:04 - Dec 18 with 1919 viewsJAPRANGERS

An obvious political decision here, him being a Saudi millionaire. If he were an pauper from say East London would the "jury" have come to the same decision??
You could not make it up on 16:22 - Dec 18 with 1895 views1MoreBrightonR

the number of bogus claims verses actual rapes is absolutely tiny yet they are massively over reported in the media as it plays on various fears and stereotypes. Bit depressing really.
You could not make it up on 20:14 - Dec 18 with 1782 viewsCiderwithRsie

You could not make it up on 16:04 - Dec 18 by JAPRANGERS

An obvious political decision here, him being a Saudi millionaire. If he were an pauper from say East London would the "jury" have come to the same decision??

Either it was jury or a magistrate (if the latter case the paper has misreported.) If it was a jury, it was a jury, not a "jury". And as with others who have commented, I've been on a jury. It wouldn't make a feck of a difference if he'd been a pauper from East London - other than the pauper might have got more sympathy. Juries are fallible, in a very small number of cases they've been interfered with ( i.e. threatened) by organised criminals but they are not in my experience politically influenced or bribed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024