Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR master own downfall in City reality check — Report 15:21 - Aug 18 with 2350 viewsNorthernr

QPR master own downfall in City reality check — Report 18th Aug 2019 15:14
QPR suffered their first defeat of the season at Ashton Gate on Saturday, going down to a self-inflicted 2-0 loss to Bristol City. 13

QPR master own downfall in City reality check — Report on 23:58 - Aug 18 with 1519 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Thanks NorthernR. Agree with all your question marks selection wise. Remember the old days they never used to produce a league table until 3 games played. A long way to go.

You Rrrr's

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR master own downfall in City reality check — Report on 09:39 - Aug 19 with 1144 viewsDixie_CT

Cheers for the report Clive.

Palmer not getting booked for them was a surprise. He booted the ball away in the first half after committing a foul then left one on Kane in the second. Sure he gave away one or two other fouls as well.

Bright should have got a red card for his kick out on Rowe. Bright was being held but you can’t lash out like that and I think the closeness of the two players disguised the intent.

Rangel was the main culprit in that calamitous goal. It was never on to throw it across to Barbet or Lumley (who it was intended for is anyones guess!) and if Rangel wanted to play then he could have bounced it off Hall who was in enough space to receive it.

When Kane is match fit he will be in for Rangel which will make us more positive going forward and Rangel can take up his position of first reserve and nice guy around the squad.

With that throw I thought about if Lumley could have picked it up and given away the free kick on the six yard box. Would have been better than given Afobe the free strike he ended up with.

Not relevant to the situation but what I didn’t know about the back pass law was that you can’t flick the ball up and head it back or head it off the ground:

‘......defenders are not permitted to attempt to use a deliberate trick to pass the ball to the goalkeeper with a part of the body other than the foot to circumvent the rule. This would include flicking the ball up with the foot and then heading the ball back to the goalkeeper, or heading a ball on the ground that would otherwise be regularly playable with the foot.

If a player uses such a trick, they are cautioned for unsporting behaviour, and the opponents are awarded an indirect free kick from where the trick was performed. It is irrelevant as to whether the goalkeeper subsequently handles the ball or not’.

Thanks to Angel, Yohan and Joe for using that example to trigger my exploratory learning!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 9:43]
QPR master own downfall in City reality check — Report on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 1067 viewsrobith

I have to add to your point, what a pleasant experience Ashton Gate was! Being able to go stand outside and get a pint and a pie easily in the sun was absolutely brilliant
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024