Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Throwback Thursday! 22:36 - Jan 30 with 652 viewsslmrstid

To get us away from the current selling of players doom and gloom...whilst doing some internet browsing today I managed to find Match of the Day highlights from my very first QPR game and trip to Loftus Road...home to Southampton in March 1996.

Is there anyone out there who remembers this game? Possibly not, although it was a win (our first since December that year) it was of course in a pretty miserable season as we were relegated.

I was 6 at the time, and my Dad had started me on football by taking me to see Rushden & Diamonds who were closest to us in Northamptonshire. They were in the Southern Premier (sponsored by Beazer Homes) and had all the Max Griggs Dr Martens money floating about so had a full time squad and Football League budget so unsurprisingly tended to wallop the opposition. Not that a 6 year old understands this, they just assume its the way of things, turn up,give the opposition a good hiding, go home. So naturally, QPR did the same to Southampton. Oh how naive of me to think it would always be so...

A Throwback Thursday! on 22:41 - Jan 30 with 626 viewsaston_hoop

Dont recall the game so much as I was young myself at the time but is that Christer Warren in for Southampton there? they probably regret not having Le Tiss fit!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

A Throwback Thursday! on 22:53 - Jan 30 with 590 viewsMiss_Terraces

I remember that game, I was much less cynical in those days. I didn't believe in relegation back then, I knew it happened to other clubs. I just didn't believe it would happen to us.
I was so happy afterwards because a) it felt like ages since our last win and still pissed off at United's midnight victory, the previous home game. b) I was a drunk 17 year old. Don't remember too much about the game, as I said I was a drunk 17 year old

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

A Throwback Thursday! on 22:59 - Jan 30 with 572 viewsslmrstid

A Throwback Thursday! on 22:41 - Jan 30 by aston_hoop

Dont recall the game so much as I was young myself at the time but is that Christer Warren in for Southampton there? they probably regret not having Le Tiss fit!

According to Wikipedia, it was his only start for them! Wasn't very good for us either...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024